Dreams

Discussion in 'Help with Life' started by SORA!, Dec 1, 2012.

1. SORA! Gummi Ship Junkie

Ok so in June I broke up with my boyfriend of three years, since then my best friend and me have gotten really close( sharing his bed, stealing his clothes, cuddling up to each other ect) and I've had two dreams about guys I've never met kissing me and I had a third last night... It made me happy and I felt loved but here's the thing the guy turned into my best friend ( who says he's gay) and he told me he loved me in the dream and kissed me again... Now I've woke up and my heart is racing and I've stupidly told him a bit about my dream ( not the bit with him) I'm worried I may be starting to like him as more than a friend

2. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

If you're both mature enough you can tell him the dream without it being a problem.

For a start, a dream like that usually personifies your love and affection for the other person, how close you feel to them and trust them. It shouldn't be embarrassing to dream up dreams like, believe me i've had a few over the years of friends, told them, had a laugh and the feeling of romantic love drifts away.

Rarely does a feeling like that stick. If you think he can handle it without him acting awkward then tell him. If not just wait a long while and see if you still have the same feelings for him.

3. Misty gimme kiss

I've been in a pretty (really...) similar situation and all I can really tell you is to not worry so much about it. If you two are very close it might be for the best to just tell him about the dream. Carrying that weight inside you will just drive you nuts, and possibly worsen the situation--I say worsen not because it's wrong to fall for someone, even a friend, but if he's gay he's gay.

Friendship is funny because the of the intimacy. You can start to question if there's a romantic nature to how connected you feel to them, how much you care about them. And sometimes there is. Sometimes we fall for someone without knowing why, or when we're aware that the relationship has no chance of ever blossoming. And sometimes we might just be in such a vulnerable state that our attachment to a usually platonic friend can seem magnified.

If you two are good enough friends, your friendship can last through something as simple as a dream or even a crush. There's really an overwhelming number of friendships that started with, or at least endured, some sort of infatuation. But you'll drive yourself insane holding it all in, I know I did. You start to pore over the dream, wondering about its implications for your feelings towards the person, imagining all kinds of reactions the person might have to it, convincing yourself there might be SOME chance for the relationship (which isn't necessarily a bad thing but again, in this situation, he's gay), and possibly creating some real feelings. Get it out in the open so that you can feel less awkward about it. If, after some time, there are still feelings in you for him, that's something you'll have to confront. But for now, a dream might just be a dream.