Dream Drop Distance Dream Eaters - Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by ruinedunatin, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Misty gimme kiss

Kingdom Hearts itself is a game series that seems a little cute/child-like on the surface, being that much of it involves Disney characters, but I think we all can agree that the games can get quite deep/dark at times. Just because most of the Dream Eaters we've seen so far are colorful and nice looking doesn't mean they all are, as Bueno point out, nor does it mean we shouldn't take them seriously. ;o Looks can be deceiving.

2. Jin うごかないで

This , I mean. The shadows in KH1 were sort of cute and then came darkside. Some of the unversed were cute or funny looking , but then there were the big and fierce ones and I can say the same will be happening with the dream eaters. Though i have no proof , we can tell they'll become more stronger and..less cuter and more uglier as the story progresses.

3. Shikou Kingdom Keeper

(I just noticed they merged my subject with this one and deleted my post because I thought I was on a different one. Silly me)

Thats why I said "Maybe cute is their weapon" :)

I remember seeing Darkside for the first time as a kid (maybe 6 or 7) and it looked like it can grab you and rip you apart which makes Darkside my ultimate favorite Heartless.
    It is too soon to judge Dream Eaters so only time will tell.

4. Keyblade Heroine Merlin's Housekeeper

I think the Dream Eaters are unique! I love the look of them--their colors are a kinda dreamy look with the light blues and pink/purple hues. And some look real cute (like that bear thingy Lol), or really cool (like that seahorse and ram...thingy. Lol). And the whole design of them makes sense cuz you're basically in a "Dream World". Gotta say I love 'em and their insignia already! :)

5. Excasr The Forgotten XIII

Well, they aren't darkness creatures like Heartless, and aren't without-heart creatures like Nobodies either. I don't are negative flows like Unversed. I think they are creatures very interesting, since instead of Heart, we're talking about Dreams. There are those who doesn't have heart, and those who does have heart. But both of them might have dreams, even if they are Heartless or Nobodies.

Anyways, yea I like them.

6. Mini Armaldo Moogle Assistant

They ARE pretty darn cute looking.
    maybe in the trailer the game the game was on easy mode just to make Sora and Riku seem tougher or something like that.

the Dream Eaters are so vary squishy looking ... Actually,what Kingdom Hearts enemy ISN'T squishy?!

7. Skygazelily Merlin's Housekeeper

I rather like the dream eaters, even the good ones. Sure, some of them are cute (and others are a little ridiculous xD) But a few, like that goat, actually look kind of awesome~

8. Stella Nox Fleuret Hollow Bastion Committee

For some reason, Neko Cat freaks me out. It's like some sort of caterpillar with it's legs...but it's a cat.....XD

Though, most of them look so freaking adorable! They're colourful and I can't wait to fight with them~

9. Astrid Merlin's Housekeeper

For me it's strange to be fighting something so...colorful. I've gotten used to bashing black and white foes that the color might be a bit disorientating. Still, only time will tell.It might be fun to take care of a few of the cuddlier ones

10. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

I don't mind them. I like that Nomura created new enemies to make things fresh. I think Riku's bat is the most adorable thing ever! I want a plushie of it!

11. SonGoku Destiny Islands Resident

When I first saw Dream Eaters, I thought "Oh god, here we go AGAIN" I mean, I know Nomura got creative and all with Dream Eaters, and i'm glad he's giving most people a reason to have a 3DS, and let's not forget finally were going to be albe to continue the story after KH 2 after all the filler games. I just think he lost it a bit with the new enemies, I just hope it's something to look forward too.

12. Especto Merlin's Housekeeper

I still don't know how I feel about the Dream Eaters. The Dream Eaters definitely have a very different design compared to the Heartless, Unversed, and Nobodies. I personally think their color scheme stands out too much from everyone and everything else. I'll probably get used to it.

13. Ventus PSP Aqua Gummi Ship Junkie

Colorful and bright, Ill give them that though some dont look like their bad. The symbol is pretty cool and its nice that some will be on your side in the game.

14. EvilMan_89 Code Master

well, i don't really like that we have a new type of enemy yet again. but i do like the fact that there are good ones as well as evil ones. with the Heartless, Nobodies, and Unversed, there were only evil ones.

15. adamboy7 Traverse Town Homebody

Well, to be honest they look a bit too cute for my taste, however, the game trailers look interesting, so ill play it anyways. So cute but tolerable lol.

16. Chevalier Crystal Princess

I think they explained in an interview why they went with pastel colors and the like. And from listening to the game's version of Dearly Beloved, you can tell they wanted to bring out a bit of a festive concept.

And well, I like some of them. But I don't think they should replace the norm. I don't like that Square seems to be going trigger happy with the mons concept and neglecting regular party members.

17. Cloudrunner62 Twilight Town Denizen

As to what they are, I believe they are literally Dreams and Nightmares in living form...The nightmares are the bad ones and the dreams are the good ones, and we'll end up having to vanquishing the nightmares to wake up these worlds. It'll be interesting to find out what caused it, possibly a side-effect of being in the darkness too long.