Dream Drop Distance Dream Eaters - Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by ruinedunatin, Oct 15, 2011.

1. ruinedunatin Merlin's Housekeeper

Ok,
    Recently read the TGS 2011 stuff about Dream Drop Distance and watched the new Trailer, pretty happy to see Neku in there and all but the new enemies are much different from what we usually have in Kingdom Hearts games. They seem closer to Unversed then either Heartless or Nobodies.
    Anyway, thoughts on the new Dream Eaters? good? bad?

2. Glen Returned from the dead

Well it makes sense for them to be there. They LOOK somewhat easy to kill, but i guess i can't really comment on it until i've played it myself :P

3. Rhiscx Banned

I like the way Nomura comes up with new enemies for the series. The idea that there are two types: Good and Bad is also clever. I wished there had been ally heartless in the previous games. There were the mushrooms, but they aide you in battle.

So Dream Eaters, I say yes. And I'm sure they will have basic ones like shadows or dusks, and they will have more difficult ones to face as well.

4. ruinedunatin Merlin's Housekeeper

Yeah, I like the idea of the good and bad types, I remember how abosolutely thrilled i was when i was playing the first game and you got to play as a shadow, even if it was short lived and you couldnt attack. I could never work out what to do with the white/red mushrooms :/
    I hope they're not too easy to kill becuase by the looks of the trailer, Sora and Riku become really powerfull, so i'd prefer it if they were harder, but not like the enemys in 358/2 days that just had heaps of Health.

5. Te Deum Hollow Bastion Committee

I dunno….. I don’t exactly like the design of the Dream Eaters. The whole concept of them is okay with me, but I’m not to crazy about how they look. A little to childish/girlish for my liking.

6. Rhiscx Banned

I admit, the colors could be changed a little. And as for the designs of them looking like stuffed animals, idk what else could they make them, and not look like previous stuff from the other games.

7. ruinedunatin Merlin's Housekeeper

A palette change would be good.

8. Shikou Kingdom Keeper

They just look adorable.
    I think it would be hard for me to take them seriously because I just want want to hug them lol.
    But lets wait and see when it comes out.

9. Stella Nox Fleuret Hollow Bastion Committee

I think the only Dream Eater I've had a liking to is the Neko Cat, just because it's name is quite smart in two ways.

1) Cat Cat in Japanese
    2) Could be a pun on "Neku", which is close to "Neko"

10. SpazticFantaztic >:3 Kingdom Keeper

So what is it that the Dream Eaters do, actually? I didn't really understand in the TGS Interview thing.

11. The Graceful Assassin It's Just Like Christmas Morning

Well, it's better than a Heartless.

I actually like them.

12. Krowley Moderator

The concept seems interesting, sort of a party that you can "make your own" depending on how you gain spirits.
    It wouldn't hurt however to make the Nightmares more... well menacing...

13. Llave Superless Moderator

Or the entirety of Dream Eaters as menacing.

I dunno, I like what they are doing with it, but it kind of seems pokemon like to me. The colors are a little disappointing... but I do suppose I like the idea more than my resentment towards it.

14. Shikou Kingdom Keeper

Dream Eaters "too cute" for Kingdom Hearts

When ever I look at a Dream Eater I go into a "omochikaeri mode" like Rena Ryuuguu does from Higurashi saying Hauuu~! Kawaii~! Omochikaeri~! (Translates as "Aww~! So cute~! I want to take it home~!!!"). I seriously cant take any of them seriously. If any of them in the game makes a scary face or tries to be scary I will die laughing. Maybe cute is their weapon?
    We have Heartless who are cute anyway but we can take them seriously enough *cough* 1000 heartless battle *cough*, then we have Nobodies who are very interesting to look at if you ever looked at official drawings or art of them the designer made, and now we have the Dream Eaters who are colorful, laugh-able, and very cute that I actually wish the bat (one who will be our pet in the game) was real.
    Does anyone agree they are a bit "too cute" or laugh-able then what we had in the past?

15. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I suppose they could have been more threatening, but you're in a dream, and I think they ended up going to the cute after the unversed. I considered those shadow unversed or whatever semi-cute

16. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Heartless are cute, but 1000 Heartless should be taken seriously?
    Replace Heartless with Dream Eaters, and it's the same thing.

Though I do agree that they're a bit too...cuddly, it looks like Spirits (the 'pets') are the cuter ones while Nightmares are made to look a bit twisted.
    That makes sense since dreams are usually surreal and nightmares are twisted; I think Square went with that concept.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I wouldn't want to cuddle with those^

17. Iskandar King of Conquerors

are those guns for hands on that last one? And yeah, those aren't something to cuddle with....at least unless you have your will written

18. Stella Nox Fleuret Hollow Bastion Committee

Nothing is too cute for Kingdom Hearts. It's not all doom and gloom, y'know. ^^

19. The Graceful Assassin It's Just Like Christmas Morning

Actually, I think they fit in Kingdom Hearts just fine. I suppose it depends on how they fare in battle.

20. Shikou Kingdom Keeper

So cute! I want to have the fish as a pet ^-^
    And yeah first one gave me a laugh hahaha.
    As for the last one it looks interesting.

Wow I totally forgot about the Unversed, I liked them too.