Dream Drop Distance Dream Drop Distance's Boss Music is NOT Boss Music

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by A Zebra, Jul 2, 2013.

1. A Zebra Chaser

*Unless composed by Yoko Shimomura

Don't get me wrong, they're not bad songs or anything, but they're borderline "Sora fights some monsters while I play unfitting music"

2. strfruit Gummi Ship Junkie

I suppose the battle music is more of the hero's beat than the actual monster's rhythm....if that makes sense.
    That "the hero will save the day" type of feel. =3

3. A Zebra Chaser

So t should play in THOSE situations. KH bosses have always benefited from a frantic battle theme over a hero's anthem

4. strfruit Gummi Ship Junkie

True.
    Perhaps with the whole "dream" aspect, though, that is why having the hero theme music for boss battles was employed? The ideal fight thing

5. 61 No. B

I never really noticed it while playing, but true, they don't sound quite up to snuff compared to others.

However, I don't care.

6. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

It's different from the other boss battle themes, but I never really notice them. Since I'm too focused on the gameplay.

7. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

They sound better when they're not in the game. Like the first one would be great in Disgaea. They're not bad tracks, they're just in the wrong places.

8. Roxas-Ventus Destiny Islands Resident

dude you just gotta feel the music its suppose to be like dream music and happy music

9. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Yeah, but does that belong in a boss fight? I've never strapped up to take on a story-tall winged behemoth with flaming gauntlets and thought, "Man, I feel so serene and peaceful right now. I need some uplifting tunes to catch the mood."

10. Labrys King's Apprentice

Eh I think it suit's well for the theme of the game, though it is strange for kh to have those as boss music. If anything it should be a in game thing. Still the game elements IS light neutral till you hit TWTNW.

11. Explode Who?!

*mild spoilers*

I think Majestic Wings was a good fit. The others not quite as much, but I don't mind them experimenting. At any rate, it served as a good musical contrast when the story went from upbeat "dreamlike" to dark and "nightmarish" by the end. It was all supposedly part of the test, so the danger didn't feel particularly real in the beginning. It feels more like an adventure than a desperate struggle.

12. Serenacake Traverse Town Homebody

Literally, the other day we played a bit of Final Fantasy XIII music in music class, and one kid proceeds to complain 'This doesn't sound like fighting music!!' and I said, play the original (we were playing the piano version). He said the same thing.

You reminded me of what he said, and while you have a valid point (It sound a bit off, but it's nothing too major, yah?), I'm greatly annoyed that he said that. He hasn't played XIII, but yet he thought it was okay to judge it based upon one song. Where he doesn't know where it came from, since he hasn't played it. And by that he's arguing with me about the matter.

(For those of you unfamiliar with it, The Prelude plays in the menu trailer. It's basically the equivalent of the Hikari -Orchestra- version or the Passion -Orchestra- Version that plays with a trailer thing before you get to the menu after you boot in up in KH1 and KH2. It's not supposed to be battle music, it's supposed to be adventure/we have hope sort of music.)

That's nothing against OP of course, seeing as they've actually played the game and know what they're talking about. (I just needed to share that) Upon listening to the songs, they do sound much more like... adventure music? Ya know, traveling through the wilderness, being a complete badbutt, but being really positive about it, song.