Dream Drop Distance Dream Drop Distance: CONFIRMED WORLDS

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by . : tale_wind, Jan 30, 2011.

1. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Since there's a thread for speculative worlds, I felt like there should be one for confirmed worlds as well. Here we are!:

CONFIRMED WORLDS OF KH3D:
    ~Traverse Town
    ---->Districts 4 and 5 {NEW!}
    ~Destiny Islands
    ~Mysterious Tower
    ~La Cité des Cloches {NEW!}
    ~Prankster's Paradise {NEW!}
    ~Country of Musketeers {NEW!}
    ~The Grid {NEW!}
    ~Symphony of Sorcery {NEW!}
    ~Radiant Garden
    ~The World That Never Was

This post will be updated as more information is revealed. :3

Ready? Set? Discuss!

UPDATE 1: TGS 2011 revealed the name of the Hunchback of Notre Dame-themed world, Le Cité des Cloches!
    UPDATE 2: V-Jump has confirmed a Pinnochio-based world named "Prankster's Paradise," with rumors of Dumbo and Sword in the Stone-based worlds floating around. Hopefully, Famitsu will give us more info. (Nov. 2011)
    UPDATE 3: V-Jump has revealed "Country of Musketeers," based on Disney's "The Three Musketeers" film! (Dec. 2011)
    UPDATE 4: Jump Festa has revealed a new world based on TRON: Legacy! No name revealed yet, but this post will be updated when it is! (Dec. 2011)
    UPDATE 5: V-Jump gave us the name of the TRON: Legacy world, City of Luminations, as well as revealing a new Fantasia world, Symphony of Sorcery! (Jan. 2012)
    UPDATE 6: The Special Trailer has shown us that Radiant Garden and The World That Never Was will also be featured in-game. (Feb. 2011)

2. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

In early trailers for Birth By Sleep, they showed Terra and Ven in The Great Maw of Radiant Garden. That part wasn't in the game.

3. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Really? o.o

*sprints away to the Googlemobile*

EDIT: Ohhh! This?
    [​IMG]
    I remember this now! Yay! ^_^

4. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

That was when BBS was still in early production. They proably must've taken it out, seeing that it may not have fit. Remember the early Kingdom Hearts 2 trailer. There was a scene where Donald freezes himself when they are in the room filled with the pods. There's also where they're in Hallow Bastion, see the Organization on the castle, and Sora runs to attack one of the members (most likely Xemnas).

5. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

The point is that just because a scene is shown in a trailer doesn't mean that scene will be in the game. It's happened with entire worlds before, I believe.

6. EvilMan_89 Code Master

i remember that. i get the feeling Land of Departure wasn't added until much later in development.

7. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

Yeah, it has. Both in KH1 (2) and Birth by Sleep (1). In KH1 the addresses for guest party members go one over the amount that there are in the game. It is assumed that that was going to be another world. They were also going to have Disney Castle. DC is playable via codes, but the mystery world is only evidenced by that mysterious address.

In BBS, the Jungle Book was going to make an appearance, but was scrapped. It is accessible via codes in the Japanese version, but nowhere to be found in later versions.

8. Alpha Sonix Why so asymmetrical?

I'm thinking Jungle Book has a chance in 3D considering they didn't put it in Birth By Sleep, I can also see where some of the 3D features and possibly Gyroscope could be used. Another world that springs to mind is Pinnochio's which was taken out of Days.

9. Trizzle13 Twilight Town Denizen

That was the beta version. Surely what he is referring to is the same as well.

10. Noise For Love and Justice

but i feel as though the game play looked very well developed...

I don't wanna get my hopes up cause its Square Enix we are talking about, but i feel like this game is either half or more than half way done...I thought I read an article that after the whole suuuuuuuper long waiting time with the FFXIIIs and some other games that SE has decided to stop announcing games until they are somewhat close to being finished...but that's just what i thought i read.

11. dirk123 Destiny Islands Resident

Maybe the original intention was to do the Eraqus battle there instead of in the Land of Departure.....
    Although, no, nevermind, seeing how Ven seems unconsious........
    Probably a scrapped Vanitas VS Terra fight ;o (Both Ventus & Aqua fought him, so why not Terra?)

12. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

If I recall correctly, they were going to have that scene in the Land of Departure, but the world wasn't created yet so they just put it where the screenshot shows.

13. Misty gimme kiss

I think I read somewhere that when they were making the very early BBS trailers, like the one that shows Terra in The Great Maw, they simply did it in the Kingdom Hearts II worlds because they were already built. That'd explain the Kingdom Hearts II trailer that had Sora & co on the castle of Hollow Bastion, too. But you guys have kind of already said that, haha.

As for confirmed worlds, I could definitely see them recycling the unused ones from Days and BBS.
    And was Hunchback ever specifically confirmed? I know we have the trailer and really that's evidence enough for me, I'm just curious.

14. Kaidron Blaze Kingdom Keeper

The Gale Valleys, before the darkness attacks...
    I remember veiwing images of Sora in the church of notra dame and I think it's unlikely that they would make a new world show Sora in it then scrap it. Maybe if that world already exsisted in the KH universe but...

15. Misty gimme kiss

Well I heard some theories that it could possibly be an unseen part of Traverse Town, or possibly a part of Twilight Town.

16. Tyrant Valvatorez Gummi Ship Junkie

They did fight for a bit before the final boss in the Keyblade Graveyard, but it was interrupted when Xaonort ordered Vanitas to go take over Ven's body and kill Aqua, I really do wish that Square would add DLC with Terra in the Great Maw and a battle with him with Vanitas, sure would kick ass! But no, Square had to be *******s and release another Final Mix, and only sell it in Japan, Square, there's a thing called DLC, and the PSP supports it, use it!

17. monstro567 Merlin's Housekeeper

The mysterious address you are referring to might have been the scrapped Jungle Book world for the original Kingdom Hearts. I read somewhere, most likely the KH wiki, that they were originally going to put a Jungle Book world in the original but they didn't because it would be to similar to Deep Jungle (Tarzan's World). Also that would also explain the scrapped version of the world in BBS as they may have been reconsidering it at some point.

18. windblade King's Apprentice

Out of all the worlds, I'm glad Traverse Town is back! (though, it sucks Disney lost the copyrights to Tarzan, as Deep Jungle was the best in KH1, and I've always been upset that it's never come back in any of the other games)

Paris sounds fun, but I really cant imagine it in this game series, haha. (Notre Dame)

19. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Yeah. It fits. Land of Departure was probably a last minute addition, though I would've enjoyed fighting in the Great Maw more...

20. SpazticFantaztic >:3 Kingdom Keeper

Huh? When did that happen? And how?