Dragonball Evolution

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by Sonic the Hedgehog, Jan 4, 2009.

1. 00Roxas00 剛情のロクサス

Well, i guess its something new. But still...i cant help feeling they will F%&* this movie like they did with other anime/game based movies..for example like Street Fighter.

2. Ryuusuke_Raizaki Merlin's Housekeeper

Weather or not japan made this may or may not destory the image of DB for those who see it. Akira Toriyama is probaby turning over in his grave. Personally im not goin to waste the time or the money

3. Fayt-Harkwind Where yo curly mustache at?

Sounds like Toriyama is making an excuse for the film. He said an alternate dimension meaning he knows they shat all over his works and he's trying to lessen the blow by saying that they're simply making it a different storyline from the original.

I for one am annoyed at the fact that they made it without him being on the staff, he made the thing and seems like he wasn't even asked if they could take his manga shit all over it and then make it into a film.

This is one definetly angry DB/Z/GT fan right here.

4. fire mage Hollow Bastion Committee

This is a complete utter nightmare. How the hell can Hollywood or Japan or whoever allowed this be even willing to go through with this ? I remember Funimation was saying there was a movie coming, but then it became a fricken rumor later on. Then now seeing the trailer it screws up everything the story line, alter the characters appearances and make one fight that doesn't even know how to in the first place. DB fans are really going to hate this! How hard is to make the characters appear the way that a dragonball fan or anyone familar with anime would see through it through their perspective? If they can millions of dollars in other movies that include special effects this one wouldn't be that hard either. What really pisses me off is the cheap images of the characters in the first place.

Even if it another dimension or not it not hard to protray the characters to look like they are in fact db characters and not come from some cheap science fiction spoof......This is makiing fun of it and ruining the image -___-

5. Sonic the Hedgehog The Blue dude is back!!

Exactly...to all of you guys.They skrewed up.There were 2 Dragonball movies from like the 80's or early 90's.They sucked too.But better story.It's the actual storyline.But for thie new movie.Hell no!!!

6. ichigo_rikku Traverse Town Homebody

The Dragonball series itself: yes.
    This movie: no!

A little movie info:
    Production/Distribution Studio - 20th Century Fox
    Director - James Wong
    Producer - Stephen Chow
    Screenplay Writers - Ben Ramsey and James Wong
    Filming Locations - Mexico City, Mexico and Los Angeles, California
    Music (Score) - Brian Tyler
    Movie Theme Song - "Rule" by Ayumi Hamasaki*

* I'm in love with that song! Her current vocals work well with rock songs like this.

7. Sonic the Hedgehog The Blue dude is back!!

I knew Justin Chatwin was American.But I thought this movie was made in Japan.It was amde in Hollywood?

8. Always Dance Chaser

If i ever see this movie, i'm going to watch something else first and then sneak in. Justin Chatwin as Goku was the stupidest casting move ever made. wait no, strike that, its close in second to Lance Bass as Sephiroth.

and WTF is up with Bulma? Seriously!

9. Sonic the Hedgehog The Blue dude is back!!

Bulma never fought.SHe doesn't know karate.What the f**K?

10. Jayn

I'm glad I'm not a dragonball fan.
    I would try to murder all of these people. >>;

It's going to suck. And I will go see it. And I will laugh my ass off.

:3

11. Sonic the Hedgehog The Blue dude is back!!

No you wont.You will die from the horribleness.If your not a fan.You may like it.Or if you've never seen Dragonball like some people.They will like it.

12. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

Watchin' the trailers for this film has shattered my childhood memories of the anime. DragonBall should never be a live action film, it could never work. Besides, if they were gonna hold true to the essence of DragonBall they'd have to create one film of Goku powerin' up n' then another for Piccolo, n' one final film for the actual battle.

13. fire mage Hollow Bastion Committee

It would work if it was done right. If they actually followed the story line and not have this made up crap. Not the way they protrayed then I agree with you.

14. Keyblade_Smokey Traverse Town Homebody

15. Sonic the Hedgehog The Blue dude is back!!

Separate films would work I guess.I am really gonna see this movie.But I swear to god.DBZ fans will give it horrible ratings.