Dragon Ball Online (DBO)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by SonGoku, Jul 4, 2012.

1. SonGoku Destiny Islands Resident

This game is awesome. There are no recent threads for it, so I might as well enlighten all of you.

Basically, Dragon Ball Online is an Online MMORPG released sometime around 2008 in Korea. Recently a Hong Kong and Taiwanese Version have been released (2010 period). Anyway the game takes place in about age 1000, almost 300 years since Goku was born. You are a Human/Namekian/Majin who lives somewhere between the year Goku dies and age 1000. Basically, you're found by Time Patrol Trunks ( The new Trunks in age 1000) while he fights off a new threat, mystic warriors who are going around time and causing trouble. And now you're brought from whatever time you are in to the present time to stop this new threat before time is sent into chaos.

Sadly the game can only be played in foreign languages as you can guess, BUT there is an English translation that only translates part of the game and a helpful community that can help explain to you what to do if you get lost.

There are several Classes and the races...

Races:

Human: Spiritualist = can become a Crane Hermit or Turtle Hermit (specialize's in Ki moves like the Kamehameha, Destructo Disk, and Tri-Beam. This applies to all races), Martial Artist = can become a Fighter or Swordsman(Focuses on Hand-to-Hand combat and Physical Traits, this apply's to all Races)

Namekian: Warrior = Can become Dark Warrior or Shadow Knight(Look at Human's description for Martial Artist) Dragon Clan = Can become a Dende Priest or Poko Priest ( These fellows focus on healing, buffs and magic, they can be compared to Mages in other MMO's, but different.)

Majin: Mighty Majin = Can become a Ultimate Majin or Grand Chef Majin ( equivalent of Martial Artist) Wonder Majin = can become a Plasma Majin or Karma Majin ( A small mix of the Namekian's Dragon Clan and the Human's Spiritualist classes.)

If I made any mistakes please say so in the comments.

Screenshots:

dragon_ball_online_s04.jpg
    An example of a small Party of players on the Korean Version.

dragon-ball-online-pc-screenshot-big.jpg
    Some players fending off some evolved Saibamen.

20176.jpg
    An example of the Scouter function, which allows you to see the "Power Level" of yourself and other Players, even NPC's! In this case, he's using it on Goku in a Time Leap quest.

dragon_ball_online_s03.jpg ]
    This is an example of Shenron when summoned by collecting all of the 7 Dragon Balls by doing specific quests.

Discuss.

2. Barakon-King Traverse Town Homebody

Yeah, I was excited for this about 4 or 5 years ago. Then when I finally saw people play it, it looked nothing like they blew it up to be. I can't attest to if it's fun or not, but it looks pretty **** to me. And definitely not worth a subscription fee.

3. CaptainMIG Gummi Ship Junkie

what the website called?

4. Kubo Kingdom Keeper

I had tried it some time ago, but I expected much more than what I got. I left it quickly and didn't give it much time though, so I'm not sure how it develops later on.

5. Kasame Moogle Assistant