Does anyone else feel SE stretched the KH series too far?

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by aiight, Aug 4, 2012.

1. aiight Traverse Town Homebody

does anyone else feel this way? like they're completely milking the crap outta this series? I mean the only handheld game that I even liked was Chain of Memories and that's because it set up KH II perfectly and felt like they weren't just trying to get some green.

2. Amber PLUR

Yes and no.

Yes, because every company wants to make money. That's life, live with it.

No, because the information in the games is necessary to transition to KH3.

True, they could have probably done without Days or Coded, or they could have presented the information differently. But most people agree that BBS and DDD are pretty vital to the story. I don't see them as spin-off games. I see them as core games that happen to be on handheld devices. Just because it's a handheld game doesn't diminish its importance. It's just a different console to me.

That's my opinion, at least.

3. ReverofEnola King's Apprentice

Meh,they are really are trying to milk this.

4. libregkd -

5. pompom Merlin's Housekeeper

6. ReverofEnola King's Apprentice

Don't forget that they added to the series in KH3D making the story ten times more confusing than it needs to be.

7. Amber PLUR

Dream Drop Distance has to be on the 3DS though. 3D is in the title, so it has to be on a 3D platform.

8. Misty gimme kiss

9. Hiro ✩ Guardian

In my opinion, Re:Coded didn't even need to be mentioned. Days, ok, but simply adding the Roxas cutscenes in KH2 was enough. I could tell easily that Roxas left because he disagreed with Org. XIII's ways. Having CoM be on the PS2 in the first place would have been better, but releasing it on the GBA was a good move, because more people seemed to have a GBA than a PS2 in 2004. 3D and BBS are the only necessary handhelds. They added substance. (I say this because CoM was re-released on PS2 anyway.)

10. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I wouldn't really say so. Sure it's taken a few games to explain some stuff, but this isn't exactly a series that can be explained in 2 or 3 games, and there's just so much content and background stuff going on you either need all these games to understand what's going on for what reason, or we would just have one giant game that's like 6 disks long, one for each game itself.

11. Hiro ✩ Guardian

The 6 Disk thing worked for Final Fantasy. Surely it would work for KH as well.

12. libregkd -

13. CrownMoksha Decimo

Considering that all Re:coded did was explain the letter Sora got at the end of KH2, they could've just shown us in the final cutscene what the message read.

14. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

This may be a bit off topic, but I've noticed that one of the biggest complaints about the series is that it's "spread across too many consoles." If you think about it, though, you only really need three. :/

PSP
    • Birth By Sleep
    PS2
    • Kingdom Hearts
    • Re: Chain of Memories
    • Kingdom Hearts II
    3DS
    • Dream Drop Distance
    • 358/2 Days
    • Re:coded

BEWARE! KH3D SPOILERS AHEAD!

Not so! Re:coded also told us that it was possible to grow a heart, as shown with Data Sora. This was a subtle foreshadowing of Xemnas's revelation that Nobodies can eventually grow hearts as well.

Also, Maleficent makes a point of invading Disney Castle to take the data worlds from Mickey, hoping to use them to enshroud all the worlds in darkness.

15. Railos Hollow Bastion Committee

Actually no I don't think it was too stretched out. Every game in the series has a significant contribution or explanation to the entire story. Except for Re:Coded I think they just wanted everyone to have what Japan had, as for Days it had Xion and Roxas' story in the Organization. Doesn't it explain how the Organization works exactly? Wasn't Xion a significant reason why Roxas left the Organization? Didn't it show how close Roxas, Axel and Xion were? So yeah, almost every game was important or informative. Besides, they could've just stopped at the original KH, but they didn't. Would you have preferred that or what we have now?

16. Misty gimme kiss

We know that now, but for the poor souls who buy the games as soon as they come out, they didn't have this choice.

17. aiight Traverse Town Homebody

yea I mean I agree it was important information in the handheld titles but ever since they brought in the whole ‘time travel’ scenarios they’ve just totally lost me. for some reason ever since I played ffxxx- 2 the idea of time travel just really bugs me.

I like it!

again, heck yea!!!

That’s about $800.00 worth of JUST buying the console/handhelds right there. Still a lot of money for teens who don’t have a job or even for someone that has a steady job. :/

18. libregkd -

19. Amber PLUR

PSP 3000 price = $130
    BBS = $20
    3DS price = $170
    DDD = $40
    Days = $30
    Coded = $20
    PS2 price = Too old to really gauge a price, but I think mine was like $80 a few years ago.
    KH1 = $20
    KH2 = $20
    Re:COM = $20

These prices are all based on Amazon prices (except the PS2, as noted above). You can probably get them cheaper used, but this totals $550. Still a pretty high price, but as I said, a smart teen will buy used. Also, keep in mind this was spread out over 10 years.

20. aiight Traverse Town Homebody