Does age really matter in relationships?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Amber, Dec 17, 2008.

1. keyblademaster_wannabe+ Traverse Town Homebody

Ya!!! well unless the lovers are only about 4 years apart.... for example my cousin is in! love with a 18 girl, and he is only 13 years old... ... and creepiest part is that the 18 year old girl is in love with my cousin too 0.o

2. Captain Hero Hollow Bastion Committee

Age shouldn't matter. It should be about maturity of both people. But, society has it so that it's looked down upon if say, a 13 year old dated a 20 year old. Not only that, it has potential to be a federal offense(depending on your country) if they decide to do what God supposedly put us on this planet to do. Multiply. I, think it only matters to a certain point. I think age should stop mattering after 17 or 18. Unless it's like, a 20 year gap. That's a little creepy.

3. RieRen Traverse Town Homebody

Age doesn't matter, only if you're older. No one wants to see some 13 year older with someone whose like 18 or older. So the older you get, it doesn't matter because most parents usually have a 5 year difference (sometimes even way more of a difference) or more.

4. xXRhian+RoxasXx Gummi Ship Junkie

Hrmmm..... Personally I think going out with anyone 5 years older or younger then you is weird.....

My bf is 16 and i'm 13 but thats only a 3 year age gap.

But my cuz is 21 and shes going out with a 44 year old man..... Thats just weird.......

5. Vladimir Makarov Gummi Ship Junkie

short answer: no
    longer answer: if two people love each other, age shouldn't matter. example, my grandpa is 12 years younger than my grandma.

6. Jayn

Personally for me, yes. A twenty-year-old guy asked me out the other day, knowing how old I am and I turned him down because of his age. Why? Because it's creepy to me and I'm not ready for it. The oldest I'll go is nineteen. O O; I guess it's just the absence of the "teen" that disturbs me. Or if a guy is in college and asks me out. D8 I say no then too. xD

However, there are people out there who are mature enough and think that it's alright to be with someone older. In that case, more power to you. It's a personal choice and I don't have anything against it when it comes to other people. If you're really in love, it shouldn't matter how old you are. As long as you're ready for it.

7. Krowley Moderator

This is actually a very interesting topic.

Consider 2 couples:
    the first has a 15 year old girl dating a 19 year old boy
    the second has a 32 year old woman and a 36 year old man

both are 4 years apart but who do you think will be most negatively discussed about???

Its not so much as "does age matter in relationships?" but more as "does age matter in relationships in ur current generation?"

Just a thought though.

8. K u r o g a n e Traverse Town Homebody

It seems awkward but hey if they love each other and they are happy why not?

9. Kites Chaser

Depending on the situation.
    I think there should be limits for teenagers as to how many years apart they are. I mean, a teen dating someone wayyy older than them sounds a bit far-fetched.

On the other hand, once they are adults I don't see much trouble in how much older someone is to their partner. But for me though I wouldn't try to extend the age difference wider in a relationship. As long as they are mature about it, then I don't see the problem.