Does age really matter in relationships?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Amber, Dec 17, 2008.

1. John Clay Rice Hollow Bastion Committee

My Mom is 5 years younger then my dad and they been together for 22 years.

2. Sumi suicidé

'course not! All that really matters is how you feel about each other​

3. JazzsVideos Gummi Ship Junkie

Ya in some cases, I think so... Of course I depends on how much of an age difference it is...

4. Cyanide King's Apprentice

Depends on the age difference. I think when people reach adulthood, it doesn't really matter all that much any more.

5. Rissy Queen of the Clouds

I think it should, if it's a serious relationship. My limit is two years. That's it. And, the older of the couple is more mature, and maybe more grown. (Matters in gender)

6. Aura Goddess

I guess it doesn't matter.But then again there should be a limit to how much of an age difference it is.My limit is a year.Yeah,I'm not kidding.I wouldn't date anyone two years older than me.

7. Mike Chaser

Age difference is a big issue for some people. I wouldn't really want a girlfriend that's older then me. It's a little odd. Same age or a couple years younger is the best for me. Now for girls that changes. They usually want a guy that's their age or older. Possibly 1-5 years older. It's about the mature level.

8. Deathsight44 Kingdom Keeper

slightly. I think if I was ever in a relationship with a girl thats older than me then I might feel.........ummm, idk how to describe the feeling, but I guess like I'd be slightly intimidated I guess or somethen. idk >.>

9. TacoGrenade King's Apprentice

Of course not! If two people love each other it's only right they be together. In the long run what's a difference of a few years?

10. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

Yea, that's a bit much for me, too. I'm involved with a girl a year and a half younger than me, but it hasn't affected anything. A bigger gap becomes more appropriate as the people in the relationship become older themselves. A three-year-old dating a thirteen-year-old is obviously outlandish, however thirty-three-year-old a forty-three-year-old is more acceptable. A difference of much more than ten years is a bit much though in my opinion, regardless of the age.

11. Haseo Knight of Light

Well, it depends on the ages. If they're not adults, more than two or three years are a bit too much. But if they are adults, age gaps don't really matter. And an adult and a teen is just wrong.>_>

12. AnimeGirl104 Hollow Bastion Committee

Meh, In my opinion age doesn't matter. If they're happy together than age shouldn't matter at all.
    Hell, I'm 2 years older than my boyfriend.XD

13. Snow Princess King's Apprentice

if you love each other truly, then no, it doesnt matter. but sometimes you need to wait a while before you can want to spend the rest of your life with them.

14. Tana_Panda Traverse Town Homebody

Absolutly not....within reason if its a matter of someone over the age of 18 dating someone say 16 or younger then what they crap do they think they are doing?!?!? i mean common age isnt that big of a deal but it sure in the heck can be twisted in ways that it most certainly does matter and should not happen

15. Misty gimme kiss

In my opinion, age matters to an extent. I wouldn't want to go out with someone younger than me -- I just think it'd be a little strange. And I would find it a little strange if a 35-year-old guy was going out with a 15-year-old girl, or vice versa. But if there really is love, it's not bad in my eyes.

Although I really don't have a standard "age-creepiness" thing. Like it's not a huge difference in my eyes if a 98-year-old guy goes out with an 80-year-old woman. Yeah, it's a large difference if you think about it, but they old. lol.

16. Radiowave ITSA PIIINCH

Of course it does. Its what stops as many people from becoming pedophiles. Now, in a relationship, usually my boundaries are 3 years younger, 3 years older.

As long as both people are sort of conscious and love eachother age doesnt matter really...this doesnt mean you wouldnt be socially weird or not depending on your choice of course.

17. JedininjaZC Hollow Bastion Committee

I think age is a very minor detail in relationships, I think the two things more important than age is maturity, body health, and to make sure they are not related to you(if you don't figure it out soon enough you might be in a big suprise later!O_o). Age is a slightly important detail in relationships, exspecially if you are trying to keep it legal.

18. water mage Kingdom Keeper

No it doesn't really matter. What is important is how mature the other person is. As long as the partner is treated well that's all that matters.

This opinion applies to individauls that are at least 18 and up. It wouldn't look or be right otherwise.

19. TheMagicalMisterMistoffelees Professional Crazy

I see a surprising amount of people who say it's completely okay, then draw the age at 18 exactly for "moral" reasons. Please. You're drawing the line there from the government telling you what is and isn't right. If someone over 18 should want to date someone under 18 if they truly love each other as these people are saying in their posts, then they should go for it.

20. The Lazy Cuddler Merlin's Housekeeper

It's quite easy actually.... the older the persons get, the less the age matters.
    For example, if a 4 year old would be together with a 14 year old..? PLease tell me that sounds dumb, but if a 44 year old was together with a 54 year old, who cares..?
    So, depending on what age they are, it sorta matters, BUT age shouldn't matter, if you really love someone, you simply don't care which age, she/he or you is, you just love eachother like anyone would :3