Television Doctor Who

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by Zexion of the Twilight, Jul 2, 2007.

1. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Sadly, I doubt it.
    I feel like his role in this episode was to be more of an accuser, like most of the other parents. Since everyone knows one dies next episode, he was there to ask the tough question.

On top of that, I believe we see Rory and Amy hugging each other as they jump off a building on the preview for the next one. I swear, Moffat will be the death of me.

2. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

We did also see Doctor turning to someone and saying "They're coming after you." Now I've seen two different versions where right afterwards they show a shot of Amy and others a shot of Rory so they obviously aren't going to be giving anything away.

Whatever the case I do think it won't disappoint.

3. Cloud3514 Kingdom Keeper

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
  4. Jiηx You're such a loser.

Twisting like a flame in a slow dance, baby.
    So, The end of the Ponds.

That was a really good episode, really heartfelt and well done, made me a little bit sad that's for sure.

I look forward to the new assistant, big shoes to fill.

5. Pinekaboo Chaser

(Spoilers below)

I did think the ending came a bit out of nowhere though. I get that they didn't want to just kill them outright because of how loved the pair are, but having them survive the paradox only to be zapped like that anyway seemed a bit too much like a Diabolus Ex Machina to me.
    Also, the way they set up the Liberty Angel to be such a big deal, only to have it have barely any relevance other than blocking off their escape was a bit disappointing. I feel like they could have done a lot more with it.

Other than those nitpicks, it was a good episode through-and-through.

6. Jiηx You're such a loser.

Nah, I liked the end, because them surviving the paradox with Amy willing to die with Rory showed that they have an unbeatable love, and will be happy together regardless of the time era they are in.

I agree on the Liberty Angel though, it coulda been cooler.

7. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Well, I cried.

That episode did not disappoint! I was on the edge of my seat for basically all of it, the book idea was brilliant I thought but I didn't understand how the Doctor had been reading it and not realised it was about them? Unless River didn't put their names in for a while.

It also could explain how Mels ends up in England since the Ponds will probably get to 1969 and then raise Melody after she regenerates. Although, how does she regenerate in 1969 and become a toddler in the 1980's with Amy and Rory? I think I must be missing something as this never occurred to me before and I am currently quite tired xD

I didn't understand how the Angels got there and how they converted every statue into one of them. But I suppose this could just be your casual earth invasion. As well as that, I thought the way they handled the "timeline" (like "we've read that in a book so it must do that") really well as it added an extra layer of suspense and you just knew what was coming but you still didn't know how it was going to happen. Just brilliant.

So did the Doctor erase himself from every single data base in the world? Or was it Oswin... I know she got rid of all knowledge of him from the Daleks but what about if she did it in the future? Unless the Doctor did so when he wanted to disappear.

Also, poor Brian! He's going to be all alone for the rest of his life and never understand what happened!

So I think the Doctor has some form of attraction to River otherwise why would he style his hair? xD It did amuse me.

I would kind of like to see River travel with the Doctor as his companion for a bit but I wonder if that would happen, will she meet Oswin? Will she still continue popping up in future incarnations? I also wonder whether Amy and Rory will leave any messages for the Doctor in any way or not? I know Arthur and Karen don't want to make any reappearances as they said it would "ruin their farewell" but in reference I think it would be qutie a nice treat.

I did also think that the theory abtu the Doctor travelling back to do 7x03, x02, x01 didn't make sense after I remembered that he didn't recognise Brian when he first saw him in Dinosaurs on a Spaceship. I think his upset and drastic behaviour is explained well enough with the fact that he was travelling alone and it didn't need to be any more complex. I also think ti would have ruined the Ponds farewell.

Also, random fact: The last scene Arthur and Karen filmed was the ending to "Power of three" where they go into the TARDIS and they filmed it in a corner of the hospital in that episode which was also the same hospital they filmed at in "The Eleventh hour". Meaning, their last and first scenes were in the same place.

These are most of my thoughts of the episode, I can't wait until Christmas! It also shows that, afterall, Amy will choose Rory. I know this was common knowledge but it was a big question in series 5.

To Americans and other people who haven't watched it: I really hope you enjoyed it like I did : ) It had it's flaws but their farewell was perfect.

8. Itachilives Gummi Ship Junkie

I cried as well. Wow just wow.

9. Misty gimme kiss

I actually didn't cry as much as I have before in a Doctor Who episode
    because it was a great ending for the Ponds. I wouldn't have wanted anything else. Enzy pretty much covered All The Thoughts so this will be brief, but the Ponds really are some of the few companions (only other one I can think of is Martha, though I've not seen any Classic Who) to leave alive and well. I'm eagerly awaiting Jenna Louise Coleman's return and I think that, because the Ponds didn't leave tragically, I will be able to accept a new companion.

10. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

I didn't think it was that sad. Then again, it's VERY hard to make me cry at something. But I still enjoyed the episode a lot. As someone who never saw what was so scary about the Weeping Angels, I'll admit that the Statue of Liberty as a weeping angel really creeped me out

11. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Oh god... Oh god... I'm actually afraid to watch this episode since I'll probably cry my eyes out in front of my family :(

12. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

"Probably?" No probably about it; you WILL. ._.

13. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Sucks we have to wait till Christmas for the next episode :/

14. Jiηx You're such a loser.

Gives everyone time to heal, and prepare for the new assistant, and pray she doesn't suck.

15. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I'm hoping it won't be another Martha-esque situation where the companion afterwards isn't that great simply because of who they had to follow. I like the look of her so far (if that is indeed her in AotD which I think it is) I really like her and I think she'll be brilliant. We haven't had a period assistant yet in New who (and by period I suppose I'm including future periods as well xD). I don't think she'll disappoint but of course everyone has their opinions.

16. venster You never heard of me, but I pop in time to time

If my sources are right, the new assistant's name is Kayla....or something along those lines. So it's not oswin. At least we know that the actor can be liked.
    Also another reason why Oswin can't be the new companion is cause then she would've known the doctor already then...right? Plus....it'll just be another River Song ending. =.=lll

Who else thought the statue of liberty should've done more?

cause I really feel like it was a wasted moment. Amy and Rory weren't even looking at it at one point. =.=lll
    Wish it could've been more of a threat.
    As for Amy and Rory leaving, I thought it was a good leave. They both lived a happy life together at least. Though, TBH the Doctor could've tracked them down through time. But oh well.

17. Misty gimme kiss

The rumored name was Clara Oswin. Could it be possible that
    He said that he . However,

18. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

He could have also taken River's vortex manipulator to see them since it's the TARDIS' presense in 1938 that would rip the city apart and not the Doctor himself.

I think her full name is Clara Oswin Oswald... I read that in a paper somewhere. With Clara being a reference to the late Liz Clara Sladen.

19. Graxe King's Apprentice

As tear jerking as The Angels Take Manhattan was, it didn't bring me to tears. And it could've ended on a much worse note. Remember, the episode was originally planned as a Dalek finale if I recall.

20. Cloud3514 Kingdom Keeper

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
    If you're including the future, we did have Jack. Also, Martha was a fine companion when she wasn't being a complete ****ing idiot or fawning over the Doctor. Also, It would have helped greatly had the Doctor not spent the entire ****ing season moping about because he can't have Rose, who, by this point, was a complete Mary Sue and an atrocious companion.