Television Doctor Who

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by Zexion of the Twilight, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

My first thoughts when I saw "Listen" wrote on the Doctor's chalkboard were this, "Listen to the silence." I think it was a little bit of sourpuss carrying over, not wanting to let go of Eleven's reign as Doctor, but it was an eery thought. Perhaps these creatures who were made to hide are going to be Twelve's 'Silence' or maybe they were just one-episode props ... though from past experience, that is highly doubtful.

I don't believe that it was one of Pink's friends pulling a prank because it had the Doctor truly absolutely terrified, no matter how much he didn't want to show it. Then again, children do tend to terrify the Doctor.

I also have a strong doubt that the Listen are tied into Missy but I do have a strong feeling that they will play a big role later on down the road. Look at how the Silence was used as a long running theme. The first time the silence was mentioned was in "The Big Bang" (2010) and would be a recurring theme until "The Time of the Doctor" (2013). It is highly possible we'll be hearing more from the Listen in the near future.

Moffat is always being Moffat.

2. Fearless A good and beautiful child

I don't know about you guys, but I'm having a terrible time letting go of the Eleventh Doctor.

I adore Capaldi so far, but I'm just having awful nostalgia pangs for Series 5.

Also, Bank Robbery.

3. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Every weird thing was given 2 explanations, the normal one and the weirdy "hiding monster" one. I recon everything was simply explained via the normal one. ORRRRRR it was some alien that popped down to earth but actually ahd nothing to do with the "Listen" monsters which I think would be quite funny xD

4. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

Actually, the first time the Silence were mentioned was in "Eleventh Hour". First episode of Eleventh Doctor. "Silence Doctor. Silence will fall." Not too much earlier (still in the same season), but the Silence was pretty much from Day 1 of Eleventh Doctor right up to regeneration.

5. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

So, finale trailers have popped up:

I don't think I'm ready for the finale...

6. Iskandar King of Conquerors

We just started this season, how do we already have a finale?

Also, I'm just spit-balling here, but I'm taking a guess that Missy character is probably either a different version of River, or even Clara, if the first trailer isn't pulling our leg

7. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

And Missy has been revealed as...

The Master! I'm still in a bit of shock that this turned out to be true, but I'm just glad that it looks like we'll at least know what happened to the Master after The End of Time and any connections to what happened in The Day of the Doctor.

8. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Trailer for Saturday's episode:

9. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Missy will be coming back! I knew that she teleported when the Brigadier tried to shoot her!

10. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Yeah, her death felt too easy and satisfying to be permanent. And this is Doctor Who after all. No surprise there.

11. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Welcome to the Thirteenth Doctor...

They will make their debut on the show in this year's Christmas episode, which will also feature David Bradley (Harry Potter, Game of Thrones) playing the First Doctor! Bradley previously portrayed the First Doctor's original actor, William Hartnell, in the 2013 docudrama An Adventure in Time and Space.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  12. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Holy crap, they finally did a female doctor, AND IT'S NOT GINGER!!

On the other hand, I was wondering when they were going to do that, since they did the same with The Master/Missy. Plus now he/she doesn't look like a 1100-year old time lord

13. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Wow, this place hasn't seen life in over two and a half years... did it regenerate?

Admittedly, it's been a while since I've been up to date with Doctor Who (really miss the days when the show was on Netflix). I haven't seen the last Christmas special or any of the Series 10 episodes. I intend to change that soon, of course.

As for the new Doctor, I'm really sad to see Capaldi go (he and Tennant are tied as my favorites), but I look forward to seeing what Jodie Whittaker brings to the table, especially for being the first female Doctor (which I kinda saw happening considering Missy).

14. Fearless A good and beautiful child

PUT YOUR HANDS UP FOR SOME FIRST DOCTOR HYPE!!!!!!!!

First Doctor is my fave classic doctor <3

also fuck yeah lady doctor