Television Doctor Who

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by Zexion of the Twilight, Jul 2, 2007.

1. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

so this new teaser is slightly terrifying

2. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Oh my god, I am squealing.
    I've always loved the idea of him having different personalities, but this looks and feels like a darker twist on the concept than what we've seen in NuWho.
    And if the unconfirmed rumors about returning are true, things are looking good for August.

3. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Holy Tardis of Gallifrey that was amazing! However, I do recon that Clara says that in the first episode and then they make up and are both fine but WOO! I am really looking forward to a darker Doctor because the Doctor has a lot of the personalities of the actor- I watch the actors and obviously they are very different to the Doctor but you can still see a lot of the way they play the character in them so I think the actor needs to be a nice person which I think Capaldi is. I really can't wait, 2 months to go.

4. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

I go offline for one day and this happens. Creepily awesome trailer though. Can't wait to finally see Capaldi in action!

5. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

"Not available in your country".

*cries*

I'll check it on YouTube. Will edit with reactions and thoughts.

EDIT

HOMAGOODNESSGRACIOUS Doctor I cannot wait until your next season starts, seriously, can I take the TARDIS to August 23rd please? And then everywhere in time and space~!!!!

No, but seriously, a darker Doctor would be amazing. Is this an omen of the Valeyard I see? Hmmm~?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
  6. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Well, spoiler pictures have been posted regarding who is in the finale (no plot details though so I'm sure there will be lots of speculation):

Firstly, Kate Stewart and Osgood are back! : D Along with UNIT, this makes me a happy Pertwee fangirl since a lot of his era was spent with UNIT. Also, I love how Osgood's outfit has changed, I wonder when she saw the Fourth Doctor to replicate the scarf? At first I thought it may just be UNIT files but this picture just makes me question that : D
    [​IMG]

More exciting, is the return of the Cybermen- whether they'll be the main threat or just an addition is a good question, but this picture of the classic cyberman head gets me very hyped : D
    [​IMG]

7. Cloud3514 Kingdom Keeper

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
    *sigh* I think I can officially call the Cybermen Moffat's equivalent to Davies' obsession with the Daleks.

8. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Well, they have only had 1 proper episode dedicated to them in Moffat's reign. They have made appearances in The Pandorica Opens (S5), Goodman goes to War (S6) and Time of the Doctor but they were brief and used merely as another monster. Nightmare in Silver has been their only proper episode, plus they are the second most commonly occurring monster in the whole of the show. They haven't returned as much as the Daleks even in classic who but they are incredibly common compared to other monsters. I am honestly just glad that it's not a finale with the Daleks because there have been too many in New Who and especially recently they have been everywhere, I just want them to have a bit of a break or at least bring Davros back, he was awesome.

I love the new Cyberman look, it's just so sleak and they are actually quite scary with their blank expressions and constant ability to upgrade themselves so I look forward to this finale.

9. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

New trailer:

10. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

wAS THAT DAVROS I HEARD

AAAAAAAAAAAAA

11. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

I really hope so. I feel Davros is a highly underrated villain.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
  12. Cloud3514 Kingdom Keeper

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
    You forgot Closing Time. And yes, they aren't as overused by Moffat as much as the Daleks were by Davies (and, hell, even Moffat uses them too much. I wish season 7 would have skipped out on the Daleks again... and I like Asylum of the Daleks), but it's kind of annoying to see the same enemies every season.

As for the Daleks, I'm hoping that we'll get one episode for them this season, then give them a break for the rest of Capaldi's run.

13. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Oh yeah xD I forgot about Closing time, for some reason I never associate that episode with Cybermen but more Craig and Alfie :3

I really hope this too, but I think there was some problems with the rights over Daleks back in 2003 and so the BBC had to send a letter of apology to the Nation estate (Terry Nation was the creator of them) and part of the contract is that they have to appear in every series but I honestly don't know how much truth there is to that. Still, if that's the case then they managed to bypass it in series 6 with a brief glimpse of a dying one which I would like them to do a bit more.

I hope it's Davros, I love him, he's a brilliant villain because he is just a proud father that wants to make the Daleks the best possible things they can be... but he measures that through destruction and what they can beat. Still, he's very calm and doesn't have physical strength but more intellectual strength. I don't think it is Davros though, well I suppose it's up for debate, the start sounded like him but the end sounded just like a Dalek and I think it was confirmed to be Nicholas Briggs voice and not Julian Bleach (Davors 2008). What I would love is for Dalek Caan to return because I love him but I highly doubt that.

14. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

My excitement for this series is getting ridiculous now. I need help.

Entertainment weekly have the first image from "Deep Breath" which isn't much but I love what he's wearing even if it makes him look homeless xD it's kind of like a stark contrast to his final costume

[​IMG]

15. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

New trailer:

Welp... I'm hyped!

16. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

A MONTH AND NINE DAYS! THAT'S 40 DAYS PEOPLE! START COUNTING THEM OFF!

Seriously, the "I don't know" bit got me. In Day of the Doctor, she knew he was a good man. She knew he wasn't the type of person to push a button and kill a planet and the 2.47 billion children on it. So what's going to happen between now and then that will shatter that knowledge for her?

17. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I am very excited to find out : D

It was weird, after watching this I was excited but I feel like I've hyped myself so much that nothing can live up to the hype. It's so close now but I need to stop feeling excited. Sigh, it also saddens me greatly that so many people have watched the leaked episode or read the scripts because it feels like they have power over those who haven't watched it when they shouldn't ;-; Oh well, in a few months it won't matter.

18. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I'm sorry....was that a T-rex in the middle of London?

19. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Also, new teaser out! Didn't realise these would continue but cool! : D

20. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

New pics from the first episode of Series 8, "Deep Breath":

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]