Television Doctor Who

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by Zexion of the Twilight, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

My interpretation of it is what Fearless said basically, it happened but then was changed but because they experienced it they will remember it but in their timestream it will no longer happen that way. Time can be rewritten, it's exactly the same as in The girl who waited with Old Amy- that future was changed so never happened.

The TARDIS in TNOTD is the current desktop theme, that always bothered me because that meant no one would ever be able to change it in the future but now the timelines are all screwy they can. This does also mean the GI never went into his timeline and neither did Clara and this can explain why shadows of Clara won't pop up in the Doctor's future, the timeline she jumped into was up to 11 but not after it. Does this mean that "The Snowmen" and "Asylum of the Daleks" are all messed up now as well? I don't know xD

However, the thing that does throw a spanner into the works is seeing Capaldi in The Day of the Doctor. The events in that episode were events in the timeline where the Doctor dies at 11 and yet we see 12. This also leads to the conundrum of did the timelords give 11 a new cycle because they saw that he already had one or did that have nothing to do with it? xD

Also, I heard some rumours about series 8. Emphasis on rumours:

Firstly, Jenna Coleman's boyfriend, Richard Madden (Robb Stark in Game of thrones) has hinted about being in Doctor Who. There was another rumour about a male companion joining in on the TARDIS... I think it would be interesting but I don't know much about Richard Madden. SOURCE

These rumours I cannot find a source for them but I read them on a facebook page. They literally have no basis and could just be fan speculation but I thought they were interesting ideas even if they are completely fake:
    • Another episode in series 8 will contain a biotech institute that ends up making a dalek-cyberman hybrid. After thinking about this, I love the idea but how would it work- the Dalek would hate itself because it wasn't pure but the Cyberman part would want others to be like him so it could be interesting to see.
    • Another episode will be concerned with 12 looking for the origins of his regeneration (I guess this is the canon way of explaining Capaldi's previous roles in the Doctor Who world) where he returns to Pompeii. I would quite like to see this but of course they would also have to explain John Frobisher in Torchwood: Children of Earth who never met the Doctor so how would he know about his existence ergo how will that one be explained? My guess is Jack would have to come back and question it. These rumours were also accompanied with the "return of a fan favourite"... but that is just my thoughts.

2. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Capaldi costume officially revealed:

[​IMG]

3. ShibuyaGato Transformation

It feels weird to see the Doctor without any kind of tie, but I do love this outfit on Capaldi. It works for him, and while the color scheme is a bit Dracula to me, I'm digging the red lining on the coat. It seems almost Victorian to a certain degree -- which makes since cause the first two episodes are in Victorian London. Really looking forward to seeing Twelve in this outfit.

4. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I can't express how excited I am for this xD Today has been covered in rumours about a costume reveal so I am happy to see it is here, I have been checking facebook religiously today. I was a little underwhelmed at the first sight but now that I have been staring at it for 40 minutes I absolutely love it. It's plain but I like it, the Doctor is an eccentric man but has great fashion sense here xD just like Capaldi himself. It makes a stark contrast to Eleven who was the complete opposite xD

I can see it now, I can really see his Doctor and I am blooming excited! I can't to see his first epic moment of triumph against the aliens or the first time we see him doing something exciting in the opening few minutes of an episode. EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS EXCITES ME!

I was hoping for just something to add to this like a scarf, not a Tom Baker scarf, a fashion scarf. I would also like to see whether his Screwdriver will change, I feel like it should because he's a new Doctor but I suppose we shall see. I LOVE HIS SHOES SO MUCH! I don't really know why, and it will be nice to see the Cosplayers as well :3 The one thing I don't really like is the top button done up, I have never really liked that fashion concept but I'm sure it will grow on me just like everything else has. I also hoped his hair would be longer as the Doctor because he has such beautiful hair but that's a minor gripe.

And here's to a new era!

5. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

I like the new outfit. It looks simple, and cool. I did notice it had a bit of a "Dracula" feel to it, and I kinda like that. Can't wait to see te 12th Doctor in action!

6. Misty gimme kiss

Aw man Enzy you're not alone, I was also a little confused by having the shirt all the way buttoned up without any kind of tie. This is just a promo shot so I imagine it could change or look different in show. Otherwise I quite like the outfit, it's not as goofy as Eleven's but I suppose Capaldi won't be a goofy Doctor (at least, not in the same sense as Eleven). Very excited to see the costume in action.

Now all we need is to get rid of Moffat...

7. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Pics of Coleman and Capaldi with the new outfit on set for a Series 8 episode:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Llave Superless Moderator

Oh my god the second to last of them hugging is ridiculously adorable.

This will be a good change I think, almost more of a mentor and pupil-esque feel again rather than hot babe and sexy "young" male madman in a box alien with two hearts.

9. Misty gimme kiss

10. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Man, when I live in Cardiff I will just follow this crew around >:3

Also, I saw this video which has a spoiler in it so if you want to steer clear of them then definitely don't watch it with the youtube captions on. Without the captions it's pretty harmless though and it also gets a shot of what the crew are watching as it's filmed which is a lovely glimpse to how series 8 will look.

11. Jin うごかないで

I'm catching up with this now; I'm not sure why I stopped but I stopped at around episode 11 of season 5. I've been meaning to start up again with it but as I've been busy as of late with Hunter x Hunter and so forth I recently saw the New Doctor, peter kapaldi? (capaldi?) not sure anyways yeah. I think the reason It had been so hard for me to stay with matt smith's seasons now was because I had been so attached to David, as a kid I loved his acting as well. But for the most part now I've gotten over the reality of it and am Finally able to enjoy matt smith's comedic side.

12. Llave Superless Moderator

Aww that is so cool looking! His boots are adorably huge on him it's grand.

Interesting to see how it looks in "real time" and then when it will be edited and with perspectives.

13. ShibuyaGato Transformation

It's really interesting to see where they stick all the boom operators and how close the fans who're there are able to get. I could barely hear anything, but as an editor it's cool to see one continuous shot. They look like they're gonna have great chemistry and I really am looking forward to August.

14. Jin うごかないで

Dear me I'm finaly up to date with doctor who and I find out that season 8 isn't airing till autumn. Such a way off and after the summer holidays aaaagh. So annoying but I'm glad I had something to pass the time for now to catch up with. I'm really hoping for the return of a certain character in the next season or the seasons with capaldi.
    I mean I'm not sure if he has any chance at returning to be honest but I hope he does
    [​IMG]
    either that or of course Jenny.

15. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Meet Danny Pink, a new companion who'll be joining The Doctor and Clara at some point during Series 8:

[​IMG]

Apparently, he's a teacher who works at the same school as Clara does.

Source

16. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

NEW COMPANION YAY

AND IT'S A BOY

THERE AREN'T ENOUGH MALE COMPANIONS; THIS NEW MALE COMPANION PLEASES ME.

(Though if he's there to be a romantic interest for Clara, I might be upset; why can't we just have three friends traveling through time and space together without romance? I mean, I'm not OPPOSED to romance, but...)

17. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Ooh, a male and female teacher traveling around with an older Doctor. Sound familiar?

But in all seriousness, I do hope Danny -- who I will call Dan from here on out -- doesn't end up as a romantic interest since practically every romance we've had in NuWho is a love triangle. The only exception I would make is if he were gay and ended up falling for Capaldi, but I doubt that our new "100% rebel Time Lord" would be on board with that.

18. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Don't forget that it's the SAME exact school.

Kinda off-topic, but I wonder if all this relation to the school means they're going to have a cameo by Ian Chesterton. Would be a nice touch (especially since he was one of the Doctor's first companions ever).

19. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Just something interesting that popped up on my facebook page, Sylvester McCoy (Doctor no. 7) apparently let slip that the Master is returning and he knows who has been cast and they are "very, very scary". I am still a bit wary of this because why would McCoy know who has been cast and to let something slip like that is quite a mistake. Still, no official announcement so not concrete but I'm still hoping :3

LINK

20. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Yeah, not really believing it until we have some official confirmation from the BBC and/or Moffat.