Television Doctor Who

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by Zexion of the Twilight, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

And thus, a new era of Who has begun. Filming the first episode of Series 8 took place recently:

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. Llave Superless Moderator

Yush hoping Series 8 will be great.

We dont have any official confirmation on what Capaldi's Doctor incarnation will have as canon clothing yet do we?

3. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Not yet, though I expect a good view of it when they start filming the second episode (because as usual, new Doctor starts out with old Doctor's clothes, then chooses new clothes near the end of the first episode)

Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  4. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Nothing "official" yet, no. But there is an unofficial picture of Capaldi on set in what appears to be his new getup. No guarantees though.
    [​IMG]
    There are also a bunch of official pictures from the set of the first two episodes which feature The Patternoster Gang -- Jenny, Vastra and Strax! Those are here.

5. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

I could be wrong, but I think that was for a promotional image for when he was confirmed to be the next Doctor.

6. Llave Superless Moderator

Cat is that a scarf? Aww that would be great if they brought that back as his getup. Scarves are cool, unlike my kidneys.

7. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Yep, that's a scarf.

And @Roxam when did they do promotional images for him? I only saw that pic pop up yesterday so I really don't know.

8. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

I think it was shortly after they announced him as the new Doctor. I do remember seeing a promotional image of him inside the TARDIS, I just don't remember if that was what he was wearing.[DOUBLEPOST=1389222554][/DOUBLEPOST]EDIT: Okay, apparently, he was wearing something else:

[​IMG]

So I do think that image you provided @Cat~ could likely be the new outfit

9. Llave Superless Moderator

Oh god that cardigan sweater makes him look like Mr. Rogers please be the case.

10. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

The cardigan outfit has been around for ages, it was photoshopped next to pictures of the TARDIS before he was even confirmed as the Doctor :3
    [​IMG]

The picture Cat put up (I love what he's wearing and I think it would be so cool : D) is just his normal clothes from some screening of something, it has nothing to do with Doctor Who sadly.

I think we shall find out in roughly 6 weeks at the latest. The first story is a two parter based in Victorian England so he may get his clothes at the end of episode 1 or 2 and if it takes 3 weeks to film 1 episode then I guess it'll be about 6 weeks but that is just my guess, we may get it sooner : D

Also, it was confirmed that series 9 would also have no split! :3 Which is good news even if we haven't got past series 8 yet.

11. Razgriz Thirteen Traverse Town Homebody

I know everyone's excited for Capaldi and series 8, (heck, I'm over the moon about that kidneys opening ;____; )

but a quick question though:

I've been hearing some Whovians complain that The Time of the Doctor rewrote Trenzalore's fate as a battlefield graveyard the way we saw it in The Name of the Doctor. Did you guys interpret it this way too, or do you think the Doctor just isn't quite done with Trenzalore yet?

12. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

The way I see it, it happened and it didn't happen. What I'm trying to say is that the events from The Name of the Doctor happened for sure, despite what happened in The Time of the Doctor. Or if you want the short version of my thoughts: Time travel, it's confusing as hell :3

13. Razgriz Thirteen Traverse Town Homebody

So you mean like, perhaps Twelve (or some future cycle 2 Doctor) will return to Trenzalore to witness the war?

14. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

That... I'm not sure. Either Moffat will think of something for it... or completely ignore it for 12's time as the Doctor.

15. Razgriz Thirteen Traverse Town Homebody

Moffat treated Trenzalore the same way he treated the name, I think; some of its relevance was revealed but not all of it, the most important bits managed to slip away. I wouldn't mind Trenzalore being left untouched for quite a while, that is, if it truly is where the Doctor dies. It would probably be an arc for the very last Doctor, perhaps slowly reintroduced to the show as this actual end draws near?

16. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

Honestly, I'm not sure what to think of Trenzalore. It was called "the Fall of the Eleventh", meaning Eleventh Doctor died there (what was supposed to happen), but then Clara spoke to the Time Lords through the crack and they gave him regeneration energy and he became the Twelfth (what happened). Not only did they change a fixed point in time, they changed a point in the Doctor's personal past and future (when he went to Trenzalore in Name and when he was supposed to die there in Time).

I think it was Clara. When she jumped into the Doctor's time stream, all she did for all those lifetimes was change his time stream, fixing that the Great Intelligence changed. Then she kept ending up in Christmas despite the Doctor's repeated attempts to send her home. Finally, she was the one who convinced the Time Lords to send over the energy. Maybe she's just doing what she's always been doing: saving the Doctor. Because the timeline was for his entire life, birth in Gallifrey to death in Trenzalore. When she was speaking to the Time Lords, she was still within the Doctor's time stream because he hadn't died yet.

I don't know.

17. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Well technically, Trenzalore was still the place where the "Fall of the Eleventh," happened. Just not the fall of the Doctor himself (thanks to Clara and the Time Lords).

18. Razgriz Thirteen Traverse Town Homebody

Yep. Prophecy fulfilled, Eleven fell, but no dead Tardis or time stream. I'd say that's probably yet to come?

19. Fearless A good and beautiful child

Tumblr's theory on the Trenzalor thing is that

the whole thing is working under a Grandfather Paradox. Like the Year That Never Was back in Ten's era, or Amy's two childhoods. Basically, the thing did happen, but then something happened that changed the timeline, so technically it never happened after all, and they're moving on from the point where the timeline changed, which basically leaves a split timeline where the thing did or didn't happen. In the current timeline, it didn't happen. But it did, because they remembered it.

this is a really bad explanation. just go look it up I guess. Or better yet, go read Homestuck, there's a lot of timey-wimey sh*t going on there too.

20. O13 Follower Twilight Town Denizen

I love the doctor however david tennat is still my favourate doctor ever and I like the Cybermen of today because they actually seem to lack emotion compared to back then that and they touch you, you die. Favourate villains are the Daleks of course