Television Doctor Who

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by Zexion of the Twilight, Jul 2, 2007.

1. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Just wanted to comment on this little bit. Especially the underlined portion.

Well, though "time can be rewritten" might seem like the default explanation for this, it's actually a bit more simple than that. Remember that this happened before the Doctor used the Pandorica to reboot the universe, making it so that all the adventures and events that happened in series five never actually happened. Amy only remembers it because she's special and she had the "universe pouring through her head" every night.

Now, in regards to Misty's post about Clara's first appearance.

It would make the most sense if she's sent to Victorian England by the Weeping Angels. If you'll recall, the angels that were in Flesh and Stone/Time of the Angels were scavengers, and they were only lethal because the Doctor and co. were trying to stop them from awakening. These angels are more than likely going to be the type from Blink, and I think it'll be interesting to see how she reacts to being sent back in time.
    Though there's no question that I'll still be mourning over Amy/Rory's when this happens.

Moffat... ;~;

2. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

The longest running Doctor was actually Tom Baker (Fourth Doctor), who played the part for seven years.

Please be true, please be true, PLEASE BE TRUE!!!!

3. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

I'm so hyped for the 7th season. 6th seasons final episode made me freak out, literally. Like a 6 year old girl. I jumped up and down and ran around threw the biggest fit. Anywho(vian), I couldn't wait to see the new season and started getting antsy, so I did a little digging. I didn't get a special lead of the first episode or anything but I did come across a contest winning script that became this short video. Enjoy ;)

I read from a website, I won't say which because I can't prove the credentials and I also can't remember the site, that even though Amy and Rory will be leaving, we're going to get to see another new companion to accompany our dear Matt Smith in the new season. Though don't expect Amy and Rory to be leaving so soon. I heard they'll be sticking around for the first few episodes.

If you are a big fan of Steven Moffats work, you might want to check out the show Sherlock. Released in England on BBC, and in America on PBS, this show is a modern day version of Sir Conan Doyle's famed literary series Sherlock Holmes. It isn't as Science Fiction and excitement as Doctor Who, but it's interesting to say the least. I recommend this show to all Whovians.

4. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Sorry, I meant second longest xD I had too many thoughts yesterday lol

Also, after the sad axe of Doctor Who confidential, the show about the making of Doctor Who, the producers have said that they will still upload behind the scenes footage onto their website as a substitute and not a replacement.

5. Jiηx You're such a loser.

Twisting like a flame in a slow dance, baby.
    We can haz new series yet? Feels like forever since I last watched a new episode.

The 50th anniversary stuff sounds bitchin' aswell.

6. Itachilives Gummi Ship Junkie

If you havnt see this yet.

7. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

JKLGFDJLSGhKDLAFGHFJKDSGF PLEASE TELL ME SOMEONE ELSE SAW ASYLUM OF THE DALEKS TODAY I DESPERATELY NEED SOMEONE TO FANBOY WITH

8. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I can fangirl- if that is good enough xD

I'll just vomit my thoughts into this post, spoilers that WILL ruin the episode if you haven't seen it.

First of all, seeing Rory and Amy fighting like that was so sad ;-; I may be wrong but I felt there seemed to be a lot of hate going on and the fact they were getting a divorce seemed a bit unrealistic- she kicked him out but he would have fought for them as a couple if the argument hadn't been going for so long. Maybe I am wrong and that is realistic but they were find in July (from Pond life). I'm also very sad that they can't have kids any more- they have River though, even if she is whizzing around time and space. I would say, I hope they adopt but they're leaving for good episode 5 in some form or another.

Next point, I was interested in the fact that Oswin was a computer genius and looking an awful lot like the new companion and as Misty (I think) said the new companion will be a computer genius. So I quickly connected the two and just needed the credits to confirm- so she's dead and in a dream state- how does she survive? Or course it's possible that it's just Jenna playing a completely different character but I highly doubt that.

I'm also excited to see the Dalek's redevelop their fear of the Doctor as even his name became a weapon and so fighting them was easy as they were filled with fear, now they won't.

I didn't suspect for a minute that she was a Dalek so that was a surprise but how can one be simply converted into a Dalek? I suppose it's possible but I've never seen it before- I've seen Cyberman conversion but not this. Oh well, it was interesting.

I'm excited for next week's episode as well, I was never sure about the title but it's looking quite promising.

9. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Just saw Asylum of the Daleks. Here's my very short review:

BEST MATT SMITH EPISODE EVVAAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Amber PLUR

Okay, so I came all the way back from my self-inflicted KHV exile just to say...

That was epic.

And *CRIES FOREVER BECAUSE MY ROOMMATES HAVE NEVER HEARD OF DOCTOR WHO*

11. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

LOL, I feel bad for you

12. Misty gimme kiss

Just watched it (curse you time zones, I've had to stay off tumblr all day!).
    Enjoyed it! I have to admit, I was suspecting that they wouldn't provide an explanation for Rory and Amy splitting up just because there didn't seem to be any possible, rational one. But I actually think the one they came up with was very well handled, and actually does make sense, even if the whole mini-arc was a bit unnecessary. We all completely didn't understand how the Ponds could split up because we know how passionate they are about one another, but I can see Rory doubting Amy's love for him--he already has, in the past, of course. He cares the world for her and Amy is a bit... stoic, I guess. She doesn't want to show him that "weakness" (or so she sees it). The times we see her truly, deeply caring for him (Amy's Choice comes to mind, when he dies, and she says something along the lines of "if this is real life then I don't want it,") Rory is either not there or dead (or both).

However, throw The Girl Who Waited into the mix and it becomes a little more unbelievable, but still.

I didn't get the impression Amy physically couldn't bear children, but she was so scarred from Demon's Run that the trauma is difficult to confront. In the same vein as above, she wouldn't admit that to anyone, even Rory. Because Rory didn't know her reasons for saying that she didn't want children, it awakened old fears of maybe she doesn't love me as much as I love her. He thought it was something wrong with him, that was what was preventing her.

I think we may still see children from the Ponds. On that note, does anyone have the original source of the rumor
    that one of the Ponds will die? I'd be interested in seeing the exact wording, because I have theories...
    I was underwhelmed by the episode until the last 20-or so minutes. The scene where the Doctor straightens his tie and his wristwatch scheme is revealed was just spot on, and the Oswin is a Dalek business was a complete shock.

As for Oswin, though
    I agree with Ienzo, I think we've not seen the last of her--the actress or the character. The Doctor will find a way to bring her back, I believe. Or some freaky miracle. It's Doctor Who, something will happen.
    I very much enjoyed her though, the show has already been good at attaching you to characters quickly and she was no exception.

13. Fearless A good and beautiful child

14. Misty gimme kiss

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thought of this! I mean I like the Doctor's hair right now just fine, but I liked it a lot more when it was longer and a bit messier. Strange how Tennant's hair got messier and messier as it went on, whereas Smith's got tamer and more styled...

This:
    [​IMG]
    compared to
    [​IMG]

15. Amber PLUR

From a discussion I'm having on Facebook:

Did Oswin erase all the data on all the time lords, or just the Doctor?

The reason why we were unsure of this is that the Daleks should have been freaking out at the sight of the TARDIS on board their ship. Even if they couldn't visually identify its Police Box shape, their sensors still should have screamed, "Hey, there's some time travel technology in here!"

16. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

I'm sure that all information of or connected to the Doctor was wiped from their minds. I'm sure there is some kind of sensor thingy that messes with the timey whimey stuff and (insert further Doctor mumbo jumbo) and so that's what happened. Anyway, I was a bit worried
    when all the Daleks started saying "Doctor Who" If you remember the last episode of season six, not the Christmas special, that was part of the big finish. It is also supposed to be a big part of the Doctors future. Though nothing happened, I liked that they already placed one of the famed, "Doctor Who?" moments in the first episode of the new season, and Daleks of all evil maniacal creatures to say it. Anyway, love the show.

17. venster You never heard of me, but I pop in time to time

Yeah, I really really liked the first episode of the 7th season. The ending just made you so excited for the season to come. >w<

18. burnitup Still the Best 1973

She said she removed the memory of the Doctor from the Daleks, so it is probably safe to assume that their knowledge of the Time Lords is still there. As for why they didn't react to the TARDIS, it is likely that they remember brining it on board but since the memory of the Doctor was removed they just don't remember the owner.

I like to imagine the memory loss as blacking out words in a file. Sure things connected to what has been blacked out are still there but there is no telling what the blacked out part used to be.

19. Misty gimme kiss

They also
    may not have known that it was a time machine--TARDIS...es? TARDI? can transform into all different shapes and sizes, from my understanding, and the police box is quite specific to the Doctor. So they may not have recognized it on sight?

20. venster You never heard of me, but I pop in time to time

I had the same thought too, but wouldn't they have been advanced enough to be able detect time traveling devices?