Television Doctor Who

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by Zexion of the Twilight, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Wait wait, what the f***!!!!????

Please tell me this is some messed up rumor because that is one big middle finger to the show's canon. Past episodes have been very specific that Eccleston is 9, Tennent is 10, and Smith is 11. Hell, I'm sure I heard the words "I'm the 11th" in The Lodger. How the hell is Moffat going to explain that??? And just when I was starting to actually enjoy a Moffat Who...

2. Razgriz Thirteen Traverse Town Homebody

A really elaborate ruse, coz it's actually appearing in many news sites </3 PLUS THE FALL OF THE ELEVENTH GUYS. How can it happen in Trenzalore if Smith is the Twelfth? [/spoiler{

3. Hiro ✩ Guardian

And with that last part, I can say Moffat has dug himself too deep to escape, because what you mentioned can't happen anymore since this whole thing is screwed up.

4. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

I'm at a loss for words right now. I don't know what I'm supposed to think. If this is just Moffat trolling with us, and it turns out not to be true, I'll surely be pissed with him, but at least I can sleep well knowing what I read wasn't true.

5. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Even if it IS true:

How the **** do you just "forget" an incarnation!? Sure, there may be shame there, but you don't just simply forget one of your lives! It's a really stupid excuse to introduce something like this just because one Doctor didn't want to appear!

The Fourth Doctor didnt appear in "The Five Doctors", but you don't see someone showing up and saying "Oh look, it's the REAL Fourth Doctor! All of you are one number higher than before!"

I swear, Moffat has done one too many things. It's time for him to move on as show runner and give the limelight to someone better that can obviously think, because as far as I'm concerned, Moffat is a total idiot unworthy of working on something like Doctor Who.

6. Razgriz Thirteen Traverse Town Homebody

I'm still holding out for some hope that this is all a fake since why would they even reveal so much information on something as big as the 50th?

7. Hiro ✩ Guardian

I don't know why, and yes, it's Moffat, the man who toys with us an makes us rage horribly, but even then, why joke about something this big? It's throwing the show's continuity out the window! All those lessons we learned about how running from your mistakes is bad... How can we listen to them from a show that has basically had that thrown out the window?

8. Razgriz Thirteen Traverse Town Homebody

Well even without that, the Doctor was still running from his mistakes. This could also be a The Next Doctor-esque misleading story, so we should really just sit tight and wait for more news.

9. Lucideffective Merlin's Housekeeper

The main theories (on tumblr at least) is that:

- He's the Valeyard
    - This is just a red-herring rumour
    - He is Eccleston, just aged because of the timey-wimey parodox of having all three together (i.e. why Davidson looked old in Time Crash)

I'm personally hoping for 1 or 2.

Also on Moffat hate, I think this would have not happened if Eccleston had agreed to appear. They clearly wanted to have a trio of the modern regenerations, and since he won't come to the party we're having this instead.

A friend also pointed out that if this is true, then we have got a great chance to learn about the Time War, which is exciting.

10. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Well, one or two would be preferable, but three seems quite possible (esp. given that Moffat also wrote Time Crash). I am really hoping that there is more to this than is being said at the moment, and I'm also curious as to why so many plot details are being revealed about the 50th so early on. None of this adds up to me.

11. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Just saw "Nightmare in Silver." Good episode. But all my thoughts are focused on next week's episode. This is it....

Also, this prequel for next week's episode is creeping me out:

Congratulations Moffat, you're actually starting to scare me.

12. Lucideffective Merlin's Housekeeper

Nightmare in Silver:

WHY DIDN'T THE DOCTOR JUST TAKE THE DAMN KIDS HOME.

Seriously the entire episode was such a let down compared to The Doctor's Wife. The battle for the Doctor's mind was interesting, good visuals.

Angie was annoying as hell and didn't really add anything to the episode except rage.

The best part? Seeing Vastra, Jenny, and Strax in the "Next Time". One more week!

13. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

On the John Hurt thing:

I won't believe it until it's officially announced. I read that he's playing "Part of the Doctor" but that could be anything, it could be like the Dreamlord in Amy's choice or something. I can understand how terrible it would be if it was true but it does sound like an interesting concept if he's the Doctor. I don't know, the story actually sounds quite good to me.

I have seen so much abuse toward Moffat, which is fair enough but it saddens me really because I think he's great! I wish I didn't look up reviews of the episodes as they air because it just upsets me that there is so much negativity toward the show. I have enjoyed all these episodes but I'm questioning that since everyone else seems to dislike them. I don't want to be so affected by other peoples opinions but mine is always so optimistic and I've never been disappointed.

Nightmare in Silver:

I think the Doctor didn't take the kids home because he couldn't be sure to get the TARDIS back as it's so unreliable. That's what it's like in old Who anyway.

I love the new cybermen, I describe them as 'scarier' but not because I was scared of them but I thought the idea that they could upgrade themselves so quickly making them incredibly difficult to defeat. Plus I love their new design, it's very sleek and their faces are flatter making them seem a lot less human but still human... if that makes sense.

I was also very happy to see them bring back the 'gold' being the Cybermen's weakness. I saw it in classic who and wondered when they'd bring it into the present series. It was a nice throwback to the old series as well as the Doctor's "Allons-y" moment! I thought it was brilliant.

The one thing is I wish they'd bring back double episodes because they were amazing! I loved the idea of the end episode being a double, it's how the old series was and it worked brilliantly! 45 minutes doesn't give much time for development and you don't get the joy of cliffhangers. I still really enjoyed this episode but the ending could have been improved as it felt like it finished too quickly. Also, I wanted Clara to ask about the "Impossible girl" thing again and see the Doctor's response.

I thought Matt Smith was exceptional in this episode! The double Doctor worked beautifully and I loved it. His acting was immense and I loved Warwick Davis. Good acting but it would have worked better as a double episode.

14. burnitup Still the Best 1973

I liked Nightmare in Silver. New Cyberman look was pretty cool, a nice return to form with them as well. Hated those damn kids, especially the girl. The only reason Clara allowed them to come is because the writers made her an idiot inbetween episodes for not calling their bluff at the end of the Crimson Horror. Serious, the kids could show those damn pictures to their father and say "Clara is a time traveler" and all he has to do is say they were telling an outrageous lie and used photoshop. BOOM! Crisis averted!

15. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

I'm more intrigued about next weeks preview than I am about 'Nightmare in Silver'.

I really enjoyed the episode. The Cybermen were looking very dashing, as opposed to their regular attire. I went head over heels watching The Doctor getting taken over (I'm sick I know). Clara had a little more valuable role in this episode than some episodes prior. I loved how Poridge turned out to be the emperor, though I felt bad for him. Honestly don't know why they showed the bit with the Cyber part floating around, lest they plan on continuing this plot point later on.

Okay, so:

This is definitely going to be taking place in 'The Fields of Trenzalore'.
    This could possibly be The Doctors end, and a new beginning.

Also, "Doctor Who?"

That's all.

16. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

It seems the finale has been leaked via Series 7 DVD's accidentally released earlier than they should've to people who pre-ordered them in the US. However, the BBC is promising us a clip of 10 and 11 together if no spoilers are spread until the episode is aired. So to those of you who may have already watched the finale, keep your mouths shut until Saturday!

Source

17. Misty gimme kiss

PRECIOUS if any of you post spoilers I will personally delete them AND THAT IS NOT AN ABUSE OF POWER

Just caught up on Crimson Horror & Nightmare in Silver (loved the brain sequences), nothing too interesting to add but:
    Could Clara be a reconstruction of the Doctor? In Nightmare they were saying how he erased/was erasing himself from history and that he could be "reconstructed from the holes." Clara is "perfect" for him, has a sort of Time Lord-esque not dying thing. ierno. tossing it out there.

18. Hiro ✩ Guardian

I swear I will personally hunt down anyone that posts spoilers, grab a sonic blaster, and shoot them in the hea- I mean, shoot their hat off.

anyway, thoughts on Nightmare in Silver and the prequel:

I really hated the two kids. They were unnecessary and horrendously annoying. The girl needs an attitude adjustment and I was glad when she got captured. I liked her better with the Cybermen's control over her.

The overall plot of the show was good. I enjoyed the Doctor's brain sequences and Matt Smith's performance was OUTSTANDING. It was the best acting I have seen in a while (not saying the acting is bad, just saying that the Doctor's acting was the best I've seen).

As for the prequel, I'm really excited for what is to come. Some speculation points to Jenny FINALLY Regenerating and becoming Clara, but I don't think that's it, I think there's much more to my dear impossible woman.

19. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Yes, some people have received the DVD and they are all saying the same as Moffat: "THIS EPISODE WILL CHANGE THE LORE OF WHO 5EVA!!!11!!1!" kind of thing. So it should be good.

For the prequel:

I am so excited LHFAKHSFKLBADSF! Of course, River's gravestone has now been shown so I'm sure that won't be definitive, will she die? Maybe but it won't use this gravestone to tell us. That's my thoughts anyway.

I also thought this would be the episode that River found out the Doctor's name but this uses post-library River so how can she? Well, I do hope that Vastra, Strax and Jenny come out of this episode alive ;-; I wonder whether this will be actual dying or Moffat dying- like Amy and Rory- they died but they lived to death kind of thing.

Either way, I am incredibly excited!

20. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Okay, I just read a very positive spoiler-free review for "The Name of the Doctor." Now I'm excited, especially since...

it looks like the episode will end with a cliffhanger, hence leading right up to the events of the 50th anniversary episode!