Television Doctor Who

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by Zexion of the Twilight, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I have only heard these rumours from you, Smith is definitely signed up for the 50th Anniversary special next year so he'll be the Doctor until the end of 2013 but whether he regenerates at the end of that is unknown. I have no idea about the divorce papers though, I just hope that's a rumour xD

I used to think this was a nerdy show and refused to watch it for that fact until I actually got bored one day because my MSN was messed up and I fell in love with it from the first episode of series 2. I then proceeded to watch all the new who over and over and get to know it inside out. It's my favourite show at the moment and I am seriously pumped for series 7.

Smith is my favourite Doctor without a doubt because I just love his quirkiness and more spontaneous as well as serious tone, he seems both old and young at the same time, stupid and clever- it's just weird. I love how he can be quite socially awkward at times.

I don't think Eccleston will return, he didn't get on with the crew and that is why he left, he says "don't step in the same pond twice" or something to that effect xD He is the only Doctor not interested in returnnig I think.

2. NYAN CAT =^_^= Destiny Islands Resident

Ah!!
    No! Matt Smith is the sexiest doctor!
    ;-;
    In my opinion, he plays the role 10x better than anyone else.
    I don't believe this nonsense Misty.

3. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

If anyone still hasn't seen the new trailer:
    [video=youtube;qrEUBl2pacU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrEUBl2pacU[/video]

4. Misty gimme kiss

Seen the trailer a few times by now but impressions!:
    Is anyone else entertained by the fact that Matt Smith's hair gets shorter as his reign continues? (aside from the episodes where it's intentionally long)
    ohshit daleks
    "Dinosaurs on a spaceship!!": This is (part of) why I love Eleven, he's such a child sometimes.
    Aaand this is a general thing for the Doctor but very much so for Eleven: the way he really just... hates himself. He sees all these people hurt and feels it's his fault. And he can become quite ruthless. It's just such an interesting character point that I feel really defines Eleven.
    And then there's Amy just being perfect. She gets it. She knows that she mustn't leave the Doctor alone. He needs someone there to soften him.
    also arthur weasley
    River stawp it I can't handle you
    The robot guy: is he saying "trust me?" I can't make it out too well. But oh the thoughtz if he is!
    Lastly
    IF ANYTHING HAPPENS TO AMY MY TEARS WILL BE ETERNAL

5. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

Just recently started watching Doctor Who so my slow transformation into a Whovian is a go. Currently on Season 3 and apsoifhasopdfhaosdifahs I'm just loving the show so far. The characters have been so well-written in my opinion and The Doctor, regardless of incarnation, is just a fascinating character. I believe my favorite episode so far would have to "Human Nature/Family of Blood". Phenomenally well-written in my opinion. I loved the idea of creating an alternate personality to hide from others and then the alternate personality not wanting to die when the real personality needs to come back. Made me have all the feels for John Smith in those episode even if he does stomp over the moral code that defines the Tenth Doctor. And at the end of Family of Blood, a chill ran down my spine towards the end when The Doctor just has that stoic look on his face while he's sending the family to their doom. Don't fuck with a Time Lord.

6. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

These are basically my thoughts as well xD

I was a bit unsure about the dinosaurs on a spaceship... I wasn't sure if it was something that had gone too far but I look forward to seeing how they pulled it off. Also, "Who killed all the Daleks?"- I'm worried about the genocide that was committed because I know the Doctor isn't like that- so I hope to see something exciting to explain it all. The Doctor is not a murderer in that sense.

Apart from those two things everything else was just O;SBHDGKBAIKLSGBD, to sum it up. Whenever I hear it on TV I come rushing into the lounge just to watch it and then find myself beaming uncontrollably. I think the current (unconfirmed) release date for UK in 25th August so I'm hoping that is the case because I don't know how much longer I can wait! They appeared to show very little of the 5th episode in that trailer- it was mainly the weeping cherub (LOL) and a small glipse of New York but I could be wrong but I fear that episode and all the tears that will follow.

7. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Hello sweeties <3, I have one thing to say:

IF MY DEAR KAREN GILLAN IS HARMED I WILL CRY LIKE A LITTLE BITCH

I love her so much...

8. Misty gimme kiss

I don't know about that, I mean
    the Doctor has killed all the Daleks before. Especially if they've hurt Amy, I could see him losing control. They're one of his large weaknesses, he can't help getting emotional when he faces them.

9. ClawtheCyclops113 Traverse Town Homebody

i heard of that show just never watched it

10. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

If you have Netflix, I really recommend watching the show in its entirety.

11. ClawtheCyclops113 Traverse Town Homebody

ok ok ill watch it sometime

12. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

You are right about that, he did the same with the Silence plus he does carry Amy out unconscious so that makes sense.

I know Moffat is already thinking about 2014 episodes which amazes me (that is so far away D:) and Mark Gatiss (writer of Sherlock and Doctor Who and played Lazarus in the Lazarus experiment) is going to write a drama about the people who made Doctor who back in 1963. I am curious to find out who'll play William Hartnell and how far down the line they'll go.

13. Misty gimme kiss

This actually doesn't surprise me, the writing of the show is so meticulous that it must be planned very far in advance... and I really love that about the show! It makes the like... realization scenes super awesome and mindblowing (bad wolf etc), and it makes re-watching very fun. I recently re-watched The Eleventh Hour and already they had the "silence will fall" business.

14. Amber PLUR

You think that's planning in advance?

Remember that episode where we first meet River Song? You know, back in the Tennant Era? That episode was called... wait for it... "Silence in the Library."

15. Misty gimme kiss

... That is one of my favorite episodes and I never even realized that. D;

16. Rayku Kingdom Keeper

Well, I'm just finishing up Season 6, I'm not really fond of Moffat's writing to be honest. I just have a lot of issues on the way he writes certain actions with Amy and River being....well, River. But, I do like Matt Smith as a Doctor, but 10th will always be my favorite along with Donna as companion.

Also, your "spoilers" are in fact true.

Also
    The Ponds will leave in Episode 5 of Season 7, and one will be dead. Dead as in dead forever and not pulling a Rory

17. Misty gimme kiss

I can't accept this ;~;

EDIT: i HAVE HAD A REVELATION
    okay so what if one of the ponds does die
    what if it is rory's dad
    because
    technically neither of them are "ponds" any longer but maybe somehow he can fit into that and oh god i just cannot handle losing Amy OR Rory

edit again: OR MAYBE RIVER who would be equally heartbreaking but due to wibbly wobbly timey wimey it may not be the end for her

this is now my third edit

okay so it appears that the first episode that
    Jenna Louise Coleman will be in is the Christmas special, which follows the 5th episode, Bye Bye Pond. It is said to feature the weeping angels. Now a lot of people are confused, because some rumors claim Clara Oswin will be a computer whiz, while her first episode/appearance seems to be in Victorian England.

NOW, it is also said that her faaaamous line will be "rescue me boy and show me the stars."

So what if the weeping angels sent her back to victorian england?? Rescuing implies she's stuck somewhere and would explain conflicting rumors.

idk i am theorizing here

18. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

New series/season confirmed for September 1st!

19. Misty gimme kiss

dat 11 line
    so much cheese

But, I mean, I never expected Amy and Rory to stay forever--because it's always been the major conflict that Amy is running from "married life," growing up and becoming a mfing ADULT. I can't see how her wanting to stop traveling with the Doctor
    might lend itself to them getting divorced.

20. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Alright, I am just going to vomit all my thoughts into this one post and there are a lot xD

It could be Rory's Dad, it could just be River (but we already know she dies unless Moffat brings her back from the database in the Library), I'm gonig to guess it'll be one of Amy and Rory. Although, that does mean that in "The hungry earth" double when they see their future selves on a distant hill will be wrong and will have to be explained. 'Time can be rewritten' could be the explanation. I had a thought that it could link back the the cracks in time and space from series 5 from where Rory then disappeared from the hill but I really doubt that.

Either way, all the cast seem to be hyping up the Pond's farewell and so I cannot wait to see it and it had better be good : D

When I first watched this I just had to watch it again with my mouth open. I had a major fangasm to say the least xD Did anyone else notice Dalek Caan in the background behind the Doctor? Unless it's another open top Dalek xD So, how did he survive- another 'emergency temporal shift' probably and I am excited to see what part he has to play in the Asylum since the place was for 'insane Daleks'. Also, where have all these Daleks actually come from? Are they just multiplying again or were they the gatherings of just many Daleks that were left after the Time war (or other battles), the Doctor keeps claiming that there are no more and yet they keep popping up. And what has scared them enough to ask their mortal enemy for help? Literally this trailer filled my head with questions... damn these 20 seconds xD

But did they not stick with the Pond surname and not Williams because it wasn't as cool xD Unless they do get divorced which I'm hoping is not the case. I'm going to be honest, I would hate to see one of them die but I also think it would be a good ending for them- it's dramatic and heart felt just like there time in the TARDIS. I do know the Karen Gillan once said that she never wanted to make a Cameo appearance as it would ruin their farewell (either she means she coudln't physically make an appearance or she actually wouldn't want to)... just putting that out there.

This is a good thought and it would be quite interesting to have a companion who is a victim of the Weeping angels (also don't they feed on the years the people they sent back lost- so what would happen here?). I had only heard that she was a "period companion" which I liked the sound of as it hasn't been done before in New Who but if she is just sent back from the Angels then so be it. I wonder what traditional Christmas stories they would incorporate into this year's Christmas special if any at all (Victorian England is full of them I swear xD)

I did squeal a lot at the 11 line XD they seem to delight a lot in him being the "11th"- they barely mentioned it with the other Doctors. I wonder what implications the "The travelling is starting to feel like running away" will have. Does it mean running away from family life with Rory or just home life or what? I have no answers for these questions or speculations... just questions that are bobbing around in my head.

I don't think it does
    I think she makes the comment after her and Rory have patched things up and so she just wants to be at home with him for a while. I don't know what it could be to scare her away from travelling or what but I look forward to seeing it. Maybe she's just waited long enough /chessylineischeesy xD

Annnnnd, to finish this off- the news I have discovered today that has made me sooooo happy:

Apparently there will be a mini 'Pond' series that'll be shown online starting on 27th August and ending on 31st, 5 episodes (don't know their duration or when they'll be available to watch online) that will be about the normal Pond life and the implications that the Doctor has on their lives and it will lead up to a cliffhanger which will lead on nicely to episode one of series seven where they are having marital problems... so I'm assuming this mini series will explain it.

Matt Smith has also been confirmed for series 8 saying (paraphrased) "I don't want to leave Doctor Who, it's too much fun"- this means he will be equalling David Tennant for longest running Doctor.

I think this is a 100% confirmed piece of data but I can't be certain: Billie Piper shall be making a return to Doctor Who in the 50th year anniversary special which then leads to the fact that she is currently in the parallel universe with Human!Doctor played by David Tennant- does this mean he shall be returning as well? SOURCE