Do 'you' write books?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Dmaster, Dec 19, 2007.

?

Are you writing a book?

1. yes

95 vote(s)
    79.8%
  2. no

24 vote(s)
    20.2%
  1. Destined Working for WDW

I'm not an author, but i'm majoring in english with a hope of writing these stories that i've got rattling around in my head. As with many others who've posted, I find that I can come up with a brilliant brainstorm of an idea, jot down a few details but never start or finish anything.

so far the closest to completing anything bigger than a poem will be Destined, which I plan to wrap up in a few chapters and surprisingly will continue the story, so who knows?

My footnote in history so far has been this:

http://www.kh-vids.net/showthread.php?t=34567

which I was told by my English professor two semesters ago that it was being published in Pennsylvania.

2. Cia (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*.✧*.✧

I'm so rusty, I probably won't ever move again.

But I do know a few friends of mine who're writing books. They're in the publishing process, as well.

3. hidden_light Traverse Town Homebody

I sort of do because i start writing it but then i get some new idea and start working on the new idea.
    Its either that or I lose inspiration or motivation and just stop writing until I want to continue it again.
    Usually i tend to stick to short srories and poems so i can actually finish them but I do have one book that almost done through the process and hopefully might get published...

4. Dredica SNES was the best.

Yeah, I do. I love writing, it's fun and it also can help you out in school too. I'm good at writing plays and stories for projects because I already write on my own time, so yeah, it helps me out alot. Right now I'm working on a book about his girl that has to live underground in a HUGE bomb shelter, because america was attacked, when the troops were in iraq, so we lost a lot of defense. Yeah, it'll be fun, but depressing.

5. Suiihou Merlin's Housekeeper

I draw manga, that involves writing stories. I'm working on about 12 right now. A friend of mine is publishing an actual novel as well.

6. koolashley King's Apprentice

Oh my god that's exactly how I am with stories! And yet family members say I'm a good story writer :P .

7. Sorikai Traverse Town Homebody

Yeah I do... neva finished one tho... I always put myself as the main character cuz I can't eva b bovered to make one up lol. Right now I'm working on 2 or three storys and having a gr8 time cuz I've mixed: me, a friend from school, my fav band, some kh characters, The Flock (from Maximum Ride), sometimes Nights, and my parents (just cuz it doesn't look right without 'em cuz I'm like 13 or 14 in my storys :)) oh and titles? well... first one is called The Time Machine (where I go back in time 2 c my fav band), My Diary (which is basically my diary but twisted round to make it look like a fantasy story) and Riding The Winds Of Stockholm (I have wings in this one :D)

8. Bubble Master Califa Hollow Bastion Committee

I'm working on an orginal FF novel which I hope wil lbe a long story but I know in the end it'll be like 12 chapters long and end poorly. (even if I'm already planning concept art fo a character modelled after me except he wears a different outfit each time the heroes see him, even if its 20 mins later lol)

9. Fallen King Kingdom Keeper

NoMethod Error `stupid_location' for nil:NilClass
    i am working on one but i am not finished yet and it is pretty short right know

10. Hissora ahurhurhur.

I'm not really writing a 'book', it's more like taking in different inspirations to brain storm a novel. When I write I like to do a LOT of brain storming so I KNOW what I'm talking about.

At this point, I really don't want to reveal what it is, in the threat of the idea being of stolen.

11. Princess Luna Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

why yes i do... i enjoy writing books... they are fun to write... >_<

12. kh_namine_kh Traverse Town Homebody

I base books on dreams i have , but its confussing writting them because my dreams are realy werid... i once had a dream that i was scared to go in my living room or bathroom incase i got eaten by a giant slimey hand =s

13. {feel.the.wrath} Hollow Bastion Committee

Well, sort of. I guess you could call a very long fanfic a chapter book! xD

14. {Vena_Sera}_ The Anti{Saint} King's Apprentice

i kinda memorize things then they all collide and i try to write a book but it all stays in my head. my head when i write a book *no, your thoughts wont comeout and you cant stop it!*

15. Dredica SNES was the best.

Writing books is fun. I get 100's for writing them for Social Studies projects.

16. {Vena_Sera}_ The Anti{Saint} King's Apprentice

thats funny.

17. Dredica SNES was the best.

How is it funny?

18. {Vena_Sera}_ The Anti{Saint} King's Apprentice

you write a book for a project, at my school we have to make a stupid timeline and usually a diarama

i wish i could just write a book so i think its funny thats my opinion

19. Dredica SNES was the best.

Ugh I hate having to do timelines. We get choices of what type of project we want to do, and what civilazation to do it on.

20. {Vena_Sera}_ The Anti{Saint} King's Apprentice

oh lucky, i have to do it one the civilazation were studing and the type of project is what she says