Do you want Kairi to be a playable character in a future KH game?

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by nobodynerd100, Jun 3, 2011.

?

Do you want Kairi to be a playable character in a future KH game?

1. Yes

57 vote(s)
    50.4%
  2. No

29 vote(s)
    25.7%
  3. I don't care, either way is fine.

27 vote(s)
    23.9%
  1. Silent Wings Destiny Islands Resident

Of course I want her to be a playable character! After watching the secret ending in DDD it was highly implied that she will finally have some screen time and I REALLY hope if there's a chance that she's playable in KH3 :)

It be kinda funny if she surpassed Sora

2. Airi Ban King's Apprentice

Definitely! :D She's getting training so maybe we'll get to play her during kh3 or a future installment.

3. coolwings Merlin's Housekeeper

Hopefully a party member, but I don't see her being a playable character though.

4. Shera Wizard Merlin's Housekeeper

Maybe, would be kinda interesting if we could though.

5. CaptainMIG Gummi Ship Junkie

we played as aqua so there's no problem being kairi for a while

6. La Sofa ('_')-l3 No worries

I dunno. I kind of see her having just minimum amount of combat to just defend herself. I can't see her being very strong. She's more of a person to protect. To me at least. I haven't played KH DDD yet so if she's in there and has been more combat like my opinion might change.

7. kingdomheartsgeek Traverse Town Homebody

Indeed like you can choose one of the three characters. Like in birth by sleep

8. CrownMoksha Decimo

I'd be happy if she was a playable character or party member.

9. 61 No. B

She doesn't have the strength of character to be anywhere near as capable as Aqua. Though since she is able to use the Keyblade she should have at least a minimal set of skills to, at the very least, be able to protect herself so Sora doesn't have to protect her.

I still stand by my statement though. I would be against it.
    I'm kinda hoping we return to one a one character only style of gameplay. Tired of this multiple character stuff.

10. Serenacake Traverse Town Homebody

In KH3 where there's a trio thing going on between SKR? Sure! Her own game? Nope.

I guess I'd like to see her playable, but I guess in a manner where it's not a forced. A system like Final Fantasy's XII and XIII where the party leader is playable, but able to switch with the other two members in the party. I guess I'd like to see that (With xiii-2's option to switch leader during battle too would be nice) And I guess I feel that'd be the only way to have Kairi be ~playable~ without forcing you to play as her.

11. Madoka Merlin's Housekeeper

After watching the secret ending of DDD, I ca definitely tell that she will finally have more screen time. I wouldn't mind her being a party member. I don't see her as being a playable character, though. It would be kind of cool, though.

12. Sora+X=Roxas Moogle Assistant

[​IMG]HELL NO!!!!!! Did you see her with this VERY GIRLY KEYBLADE!!!! I personally would never play with a character with a keyblade like this one. 'Cept Sora with this keyblade DIVINE ROSE

13. Hiro ✩ Guardian

That Keyblade was Aqua's before in BBS... You act as if you never played as her...

Besides. i fail to see what the girlyness of a Keyblade has to do with anything. I quite like the design.

Unless of course, you're implying that fighting should only be done by males, in which case, I say that you, sir, are ignorant.

14. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

I would love it, as I love so much KH, I wouldn't mind if they did something like BBS, and make we re-play almost the same game alltogether only to have the KH experience one more time..
    I would like the they enable us to synch ours itens beteween the characters so we can play with one character than the other and we don't need to re make the powers that we already fused.. maybe they could "lock" the powers that we shouldn't have in that point of the story, like they did in KH 1 and KH 2, but when we were able to use the powers all the combinations we already had made in the previous gameplay come, so it would be easier to achieve 100%

15. Light-Rune Maven Seer

some girls who can fight still end up being dnds. though i think if she could fight she and sora would combine their powers to destroy everyone in their way.[DOUBLEPOST=1359824970][/DOUBLEPOST]
    that is why she would be a white mage character.[DOUBLEPOST=1359825296][/DOUBLEPOST]
    kain dosn't flip unless you use the hp attack. and he jumps REALLY high.[DOUBLEPOST=1359825427][/DOUBLEPOST]
    isnt that why shes going to train under master eraqus?[DOUBLEPOST=1359825748][/DOUBLEPOST]f
    for a while xion couldnt summon her own keyblade[DOUBLEPOST=1359825846][/DOUBLEPOST]
    aqua got the keychain from KIARI[DOUBLEPOST=1359827156][/DOUBLEPOST]
    aqua isn't that strong physically either. thats why Shes MAGIC based. P.s. im not trying to be rude[DOUBLEPOST=1359828187][/DOUBLEPOST]wow this thread has problems you know that? i think the only reason people hate kiari is becuase she hasnt gotten proper character development. so what if she s not very dynamic? she could be. and i for one am looking forward to her getting the chance to prove it.:cool: P.S. i apologize if you think i am being rude i just think theres a little to much hate for her here. and i am NOT refering to any of the post i replied to.

16. mindstorm787 Gummi Ship Junkie

Basically, after I played KH:BbS, and playing KH2, I would definitely say that Kairi should stop playing the role of damsel in distress, and start swinging the Keyblade she accidentally acquired.

17. A Zebra Chaser

I honestly don't understand that hate Kairi gets. namely that people complain about her being a useless character, using that as a reason for why she can't be a keyblade wielder.
    That's literally arguing "she's not a useful character, therefore I don't want her to be a useful character!"

She doesn't have the strength of character because she HAS no character. Seriously, if you look at her total appearance in KH to date, she barely has any screen time at all, much less character development.
    So it's unfair to say she couldn't be capable, especially in a franchise like KH where they can basically do whatever they want :P

18. Labrys King's Apprentice

I honestly think shes not gonna be that useful due to lack of character development, but something tells me that she is going to have the strongest storyline and do most of the work.
    I can't imagine her fighting at all I mean cmon in kh2 she couldn't even defeat ONE shadow

19. A Zebra Chaser

Character development has nothing to do with usefulness in KH. I mean, most KH characters can have their entire character described in a few words, missing little to nothing.
    What do you mean couldn't defeat one shadow?

She clearly beat TWO with one hit each.
    No even SORA could do that, at that point.

20. Sara Tea Drinker

I still say that was pure dumb luck. I haven't gotten over the fact that she is the most easiest person ever to get kidnapped that ever was made. Axel's kidnapping will always be a sore point for me.

As for Kairi being a playable character. I don't know... If she shows to be competent and strong, yes. If she continues to be the iffy character she has been in the past, I don't know. I am hoping she gets some time out there, there's very few female characters that I've noticed that get the spotlight.