Do you want Kairi to be a playable character in a future KH game?

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by nobodynerd100, Jun 3, 2011.

?

Do you want Kairi to be a playable character in a future KH game?

1. Yes

57 vote(s)
    50.4%
  2. No

29 vote(s)
    25.7%
  3. I don't care, either way is fine.

27 vote(s)
    23.9%
  1. Saxima [screams geometrically]

Kairi already plays a reasonable role in the Kingdom Hearts Universe, considering she is the "major" and final Princess of Heart, and wields abilities accordingly. In Kingdom Hearts III, I can see her tagging along with a Keyblade, but as What said, she would have to have some prior training from somewhere, but also through the means of being able to detect darkness just as well, if not better, as Riku.

She already has some magical ability, due to restoring Sora in Hallow Bastion in Kingdom Hearts, so if they were to delve a little more into that, it would be understandable and make sense.

2. Cloud.Strife. Traverse Town Homebody

Don't we already have enough characters in KH?
    I mean, with Sora, Roxas, every member of the Organization, a bit of Riku during the final Xemnas battle, and even King Mickey! I mean, Kairi would be fun and all, but where are we gonna put her? In some small time slot in the game? There's really no point in just throwing her in there for some enjoyment. I mean, all in all, no. Sorry.

3. Lite The Future

I think Kairi is more of a character made for the Story. By that I mean, she's not much of a fighter, but she plays a huge part in the story, especially in KH1. Maybe she could be a Computer-Controlled Party member at some point, but I wouldn't go any further than that.

4. AntiXigbar Merlin's Housekeeper

You know I mean i'm gonna be completely honest with you, Kairi? Like to me, I think it would be cool to play with her Keyblade but her? IMHO, not so much. Riku and Mickey ftw.

5. Sacredlith Destiny Islands Resident

I agree with HeartlessOfLight. IDK; I can see her fight, I mean she had been whacking those Heartless to help Sora, and she simply has the gut too.
    But I don't think it's really necessary, with those fighters around already. Sora and Riku and Mickey - they're enough for a big war. Surely we won't be needing another Keyblade wielders? xD imo.

6. Iskandar King of Conquerors

we've got a handful of keyblade weilders already, what's wrong with adding one more?
    And not to forget, but she also got that keyblade from Aqua, although it was accidental it did still happen
    Plus, the keyblade is kinda a big thing in the game, why not add more people fighting with it?

7. Blader Traverse Town Homebody

It seems we are of two opinions on this matter. One says playable charecter, the other says not or A.I. controlled. Both have validity, it's just that, while both groups are right in thier statement, I'd personally combine both. Yes, playable charecter, but also needs training. And, um, hello? How exactly is Sora going to get to aqua? Realm of darkness is rather big. And plus, if you Riku to find Terra, and Sora to find Ven, wouldn't you need Kairi to find Aqua? Ta-da! Training problem solved!

8. Mr. Van Whippy ♥ Biscuits and cookies

Τhis^ Bring the mouse back.

But anyway hasn't Nomura already said that this won't happen...? Or something like this?

9. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Use Kairi for the tutorial. That way Sora and Riku don't have to reset their abilities like the beginning of every game.

10. flowergothic Twilight Town Denizen

Kairi should be a playable character in a future KH game. I mean, if my future fanfic Kingdom Hearts Anti was a real video game, the two playable characters would be Kairi and Aqua. (NOTES: Terra and Ventus moved back to their homeworlds after the title I'm working on now, Kingdom Hearts: A Future Destiny. Also, both titles take place after, and AFTER, KH3. And Riku, once again, will seperate from Sora.)

11. Johnny Bravo Chaser

I want to play as Mickey more, and maybe play as Dark Riku, that would be way awesome, Kairi wouldnt really be that good of a character in my eyes

12. Mixt The dude that does the thing

I find it interesting that we are kind of given a trio of trios here. Sora, Riku, Kairi; Terra, Ven, Aqua; and Mickey, Donald, Goofy. I'm intrigued on how they are going to treat having nine active fighters (well six at first, but TVA coming back is very likely). If they do an active party system that involves selecting the leader, then we may see Kairi as optionally playable. But thus far Kingdom Hearts has not had the ability to choose party leader, so we will likely still have the set party leader. And I really don't see Kairi as being a leader unless she ends up with Donald and Goofy, talk about a party half the fanbase will want to throw off a cliff.

I do think she will fight. They've been baiting that hook for too long not to. But her being playable seems rather iffy.

13. Saxima [screams geometrically]

Oh, I see what you're saying here. If they have a party set like we've seen in Final Fantasy XIII (forgive me for not saying another, XIII is the only FF I've played), then I guess that wouldn't be so bad as to having Kairi as a playable character, because you'd be able to trade her out and not bother with her if you didn't want to. I kinda liked that idea.

Although you're right, having her as a playable character... It's not really on my want list for later games.

14. Jayn

No, not really. I mean. If it happened, I wouldn't flip out and protest. But I could really care less for Kairi. Her being playable just...Doesn't appeal to me very much. I feel like it might actually get a laugh out of me, no offense Kairi fans.

15. Destiny's hand Traverse Town Homebody

I agree with both. Kairi being a Playable character just doesn't really make sense to me. I mean, like mixt said, Kairi doesn't really seem as Tough as Tifa, Lightning or even Yuffie in that matter. She played the role of the DnD, and she should seriously stay that way. It's like Donald and Goofy when they're five levels under Sora, But they stay that way the entire game (like Kairi probably will.) You keep dragging them around, they faint, you wonder off, have to battle some big Heartless, they end up surviving, and you don't. It's pointless!

Don't let Kairi be a Playable Character Nomura. We beg you!

Sorry Kairi fans. I just don't like this idea very much.

16. StardustXtreme Chaser

Well, if she actually stops being the damsel in distress... I eman seriously.

KHBBS: Kairi did by accident, touch Aqua's Keyblade so she may of invoked the Passing of the Keyblade, plus Aqua gains teh same keyblade Kairi gave flowers to her.

KH2: Kairi gains a Keyblade from Riku even though we never actually see how Riku manage to acquire it seeing as he mostly used Soul Eater/Way to the Dawn, she uses only briefly to swat aside Shadow Heartless a few times but she's clearly underdeveloped in fighting until Sora came to the rescue and we never see it again, if Kairi knew it was a Keyblade, she would of been one the 'Warriors of the Keybalde' with Sora, Riku and Mickey and helped open the doorway into Kingdom Hearts.

But I suppose anyone can wield a Keyblade if they have been granted the test as Riku was done by Terra, Kairi by Aqua without knowledge and Sora by Ventus's heart since Riku did wield the Oblivion even though it was summoned by Roxass and fought against him with it throughout the fight, same goes for the final boss battle in KH2, Sora and Riku briefly dual wield each other's keyblades, once when Xenmas knocked Sora's keyblade out of his hands and again with Riku handed Sora WttD backhanded.

17. Namin3 Destiny Islands Resident

She could, if like someone stated, she stops being the damsel in distress. She needs to be more stronger and what not. It wouldn't be a totally bad thing to have her as a character, but i think she wouldn't really fit in so much. Because of her character, she would always want to be with Sora and Riku, and she probably would always run to Sora for help, which could get very annoying.

18. Johnny Bravo Chaser

If you think about it, there is actually another trio, Axel, Roxas, and Xion, they are another trio that might be possible, so that would be 12 active fighters.

19. Blader Traverse Town Homebody

I see the validity of your point, but I'd disagree. Not I'm not saying fully playable, nor not playable at all. Leave the main campaign to Sora and Riku, yeah, but if you wanna just mess around some, throw Kairi in. Just for it. Not like tifa or Yuffie and have killer attacks at the beginning, there has to leveling of course. Let her grow as she needs to too. You could still play as Sora, and perhaps you need to use him for a particular fight, but you could still use Kairi for other pieces of the game. Here's an inconsistency: kh2 Kairi's all like, "you guys are NOT ditching me next time!" and, "wherever one goes, the other follows. Got it?" come 3-ds, she hands over the charm and is all," it's okay. I understand. You have to leave. So, bye!" okay, maybe it's me, or is THAT a complete 180 of her? Then again, she may show up, and if she does, I'll probaly be fist-pumping, saying boo-yah and loving every second of it.(yes, I'm a guy.) so, to all the anti-Kairi/Xion fans, cry me a river, build me a bridge, and get over it.

20. Llave Superless Moderator

I dunno, I think it would be great if they go farther into namine's story on how she came to be. But i guess that would be explained in Reconnect. Sure, as long as she has a cool battle style.