Do you want Kairi to be a playable character in a future KH game?

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by nobodynerd100, Jun 3, 2011.

?

Do you want Kairi to be a playable character in a future KH game?

1. Yes

57 vote(s)
    50.4%
  2. No

29 vote(s)
    25.7%
  3. I don't care, either way is fine.

27 vote(s)
    23.9%
  1. Saxima [screams geometrically]

As if that makes Kairi any better though, right? She's over here having everyone save her. Namine got her out of the cage, Riku gave her the Keyblade and got her up when the Shadows got her down.

But I suppose like Bueno said, if she didn't use a Keyblade and just magic, that would work for me. As for the new outfits, here's to hoping.

2. ShibuyaGato Transformation

If the outfits are cool, i'd be all for it.

Let's just get one thing set, though. Kairi doesn't know magic. She can't fight like Xion did before she summoned her Keyblade. Maybe she can learn from Merlin or Yen-Sid, but as of now she can only swing a key that Riku summons for her...

3. Roxas&Sora4E Traverse Town Homebody

I wouldnt mind it. Itd be a new experiance. But, you know, if it happens it happens. If it doesnt it doesnt. :D

4. Blader Traverse Town Homebody

yes. Now to clear everyone else on the history of Destiny's Embrace, (a.k.a. kairi's keyblade. great...) the orginal belonged to Aqua as a keychain on her first keyblade. That same keyblade was at hollow bastion when it was with terra-nort in the end of BBS. odd, Riku somehow found it, because when Xemnas talks to Aqua's armor, (from what I saw) no keyblade. I say let Kairi fight, but at least some form of training or let her fight and be beaten up, that's what Kh1 sora did. She can fight, but to the degree of Sora or Riku. And plus, folks, Kai in japanese means sea, and Aqua is another word for water. So, in point, Kairi's almost using or maybe is using Aqua's keyblade AND has a connection to Aqua.

5. Ŧiмє Яǽрεѓ King's Apprentice

Absolutely! I'm tired of seeing her being the damsel in distress. The whole 'Kairi has a Keyblade thing' hasn't really been explained, and I want to see her take a more active role. I was thinking she'd be like Aqua in that she is primarily magic-oriented as opposed to more physical girl fighters like Yuffie or Tifa. Maybe some light based magic spells?

I'm hoping that for KH3 or whatever its called, instead of having separate stories like BBS a main party of Sora, Riku and Kairi could go around with the option to change which character you're controlling at will, and maybe include TVA and Mickey as well if they become party members, which they probably will if the story is about helping them. But keep controllable characters to keybladers only- Donald, Goofy and world specific guests remain AI.

Also, the 'tutorial' part of the game could be Sora and Riku teaching Kairi how to fight, to show her gradual improvement.

6. kingdom_hearts_loverXX Gummi Ship Junkie

Sure. Id like her to be playable, I mean it's odd now that I think about it we have not yet had that chance. We've played Riku and Mickey so far, so maybe we'll get that chance to play as her. It'll be cool.

7. Blader Traverse Town Homebody

I agree. I like that form of being able to transfer the main charecter to another person (i.e. Riku or Kairi). It would work for KH3, however there is still KH 3-ds to deal with, and so far, from what I've seen Kairi AGAIN does nothing. Way to ruin a pretty good charecter, whoseever idea that was.

8. Patman Bof

How about using magic to wield keyblades ? ^^
    [video=youtube;TAs_gOVgqTw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAs_gOVgqTw&feature=player_embedded[/video]

You can' t get wimpier than Serah in FFXIII, and yet she' ll be fighting with swords and stuff in FFXIII-2, SE has never been bothered by such inconsistencies.

9. Catch the Rain As the world falls down ♥

God no, I could only just stand her as an NPC.

10. ♥♦♣♠∟uxord♥♦♣♠ Banned

Not tekken. Soul Caliber.

If they did ever make her a character they would have to change her outfit for "certain" reasons. Otherwise she'd become every male's favorite character. But meh if they could do it right I'd support it while laughing at everyone that rages at Square's decision.

11. Misty gimme kiss

I have to agree that someone needs to fill the role of Damsel in Distress, but I voted 'yes' because I'd still like to see her as party member--damsels in distress can still come on the journeys, after all! It really disappointed me that
    she basically just gave Sora her good luck charm and was all "k I'll stay here." It was so out of character for her, because she throws a fit to be involved and then pulls this. >:L
    I think her character has the potential to be fleshed out a lot more (while still staying the game's damsel in distress), and they're certainly not achieving that by leaving her on the island. :l

12. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Totally agreed, but they could always pull a Nomura on us and...
    Magically make her appear once Sora and Riku finish the Mark of mastery exam. Kinda like after Sora and Mickey closed Kingdom Hearts, she randomly shows up on a magical floating piece of sand...

13. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Honestly I don't really feel like she needs to be a damsel in distress. In KH1 she fully was, but for the final boss she was saved and was very disappointed when Sora wouldn't let her come along. In KH2 she was perfectly fine until halfway through the game, and again she's saved when it comes time to go after big baddie.
    I found that scene odd not only because Kairi wasn't asking to come, but the fact that both Sora and Kairi were sad about it without even saying anything. We know the first step is the Mark of Mastery, maybe Yen Sid doesn't want Kairi there? IIRC there was also some stuff about if Ven should of been at Aqua and Terra's exam.

14. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

So you know, having an apostrophe in a spoiler tag makes it so it cannot be opened.
    Thread where I spoke of this: http://www.kh-vids.net/showthread.php?111646-Apostrophes.

~

I'm in two minds about this...
    perhaps if they did something like in KH2 with the controlling Riku thing.
    Like a boss fight where something bad happens to Sora and Kairi needs to briefly step in and help or something...
    I don't think there is anything wrong with having her as a playable character... it just depends how they do it.
    Admittedly, she needs to be the one Sora and Riku keep having to fight for, but I think if somewhere along the way she is able to actually do something herself, it wouldn't be too much of a bad thing.
    As for the types of moves she would do...
    An Aqua style wouldn't be bad, but the thing with Kairi is, she is on a clean slate sorta, we haven't seen her fight properly, so they'd be able to do something completely different with her if they want to.
    In terms of her being a princess of heart, it means that she would probably light magic orientated. But, that could be debatable.

Also, I agree with some of the others, Mickey was fun. They should bring him back for certain boss fights if Sora gets his butt kicked.

15. Jⱥy King's Apprentice

I would hate her to be a playable character. Not becuase she is a girl but she just seems so timid, it just wouldn't feel right.

16. Chevalier Crystal Princess

But in KH2, she wasn't really timid, and even jumped to smack some heartless around with a Keyblade. She's already expressed how she doesn't want to wait.

Anyhow, I think they'll do something with her, since she kind of had a keyblade rite in BBS, where she was found suited to wield a keyblade, and they already tested the waters with Aqua and Xion. So adding Kairi in future games seems like the thing to do.

17. Saxima [screams geometrically]

I agree with this, but because I'm bias against a lot of the female protagonists in anything, I don't want Kairi to be playable, it just wouldn't seem right. I believe that she's better for plot reasons and as an NPC.

18. Blader Traverse Town Homebody

Uh, yeah.... Little bit of a short skirt there.... >_> I've seen people try to write about her, myself included. To put it bluntly, it's rather awkward to make a fight scenic when you have to use her kh2 outfit probably the same for her kh1 outfit. Thank heavens for Xion's cloak and Aqua's outfit. Can you say, Wardrobe Change? I can.

19. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

I recall a still unfinished fanfic
    That plays Kairi quite well in the fight scenes.

And as I think I mentioned earlier,
    If Kairi becomes playable, they'll most
    Likely go with the magic skirt as a
    Solution to the problem of her skirt
    Flapping around and revealing too much.

20. What? 『 music is freedom 』

She certainly holds a plot backing to fight at this point, along with the factor of the small skirmish in The Castle That Never Was near the end of Kingdom Hearts II, however in an attempt to be at least slightly realistic and not suddenly unlock excellent combat skills she would have to undergo at least some general combat training (offscreen but still implied mid-game, perhaps) to continue her fighting on par with the other major party members. If she shall indeed be a playable character, which would not be minded, there should at least be a general factor of reasoning behind her ability. It shall also be hoped that this fighting relevance shall not compromise her plot relevance as well.