Do you use white noise to help you sleep?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Trigger, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Trigger hewwo uwu

if so what do you listen to? for years i've kept a fan by my bed that i usually have on medium or low. i have trouble sleeping in silence so this helps a lot.

2. 61 No. B

i always have a fan on but thats because i like to stay cool when i sleep. never really noticed how sleeping without some noise is

3. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

I don’t know if it counts but I do a discord call before I go to bed and keep it on all night, and that produces it’s own white noise / static

4. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Sometimes I put on a quiet playlist on my MP3 player, but I've been doing that less recently since all my earbuds are conking out.

5. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

#GoFundMeForTale’sEarbuds2018

6. Mish smiley day!

I listen to ASMR to help me relax before going to sleep. My favourite sounds are layered, breathing, tapping, scratching, whispering and some mouth sounds.

7. Trigger hewwo uwu

why are you like this

8. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

i found this black lady who ate church's chicken once and it was so bizarre and honestly made me question my life with the sounds she made.
    the video was boring because she spent half of it talking and sipping her drink though...

i sleep with the tv on or a fan on. before my computer conked out, i left it on various twitch streamers.

9. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I sleep with my fan on, but that's just because I can't stand still air so I always need my fan on. But most of the time I'll sleep no matter what after a while, since I hear nothing while asleep. I've been told I sleep even through people yelling their lungs out at me.

10. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

I sleep with a fan pointed on me, have ever since I was in middle school. At first, it wasn't because I couldn't handle the silence, it was more to make sure I kept breathing while I was asleep. At certain points through the night, prior to the introduction of the fan to my sleeping regimen, I'd wake up gasping for air. Never could figure out why, even by going to have it studied. Probably because I couldn't actually sleep in the room I was being studied in. I will say that it's a mixture of both now. I've gotten used to the white noise of the fan in the background, even while I'm sitting at my desk. The silence has become too unnerving and I find myself unable to concentrate without it.

11. rheds Banned

Sometimes I do. I like the sound of rain tapping on the roofs. Or i listen to subliminal frequencies on youtube.

12. Yozora Archer

BRO I ALSO DO THIS.

Sleeping with a fan on keeps me calm.

Speaking of ASMR....

13. SushiKey Destiny Islands Resident

I usually use my tower fan for white noise. It has settings I can put it on and I usually have it on the "white noise" setting, which is midway for all the settings on the fan. Not loud, but still good.

ASMR is kinda nice too. Jojo's ASMR is a good channel for that.

14. Maka Albarn It's called love

How I found white noise was an accident. When I was around 9, I turned on a fan one summer when it was super hot, and I've been hooked since. Before that, I used to have really bad nightmares, and I constantly hear ringing in my ears when it was super quiet which made noises in the sleep realm 10x louder than what they should have been. When it was too quiet at night, that's when the bad dreams started and I couldn't sleep very well. Cue the fan, and the white noise canceled out the silence and the dreams almost completely. I can't sleep without white noise/my fan anymore. I just don't get good enough sleep otherwise.

15. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

I stopped using fans now. I just have things play on my laptop or just the rining of my ears. I'm pretty boring, haha.

16. SonGoku Destiny Islands Resident

I honestly don't mind the silence, let alone the need for white noise. My sister likes using a fan or using things like ocean sounds.

17. reddy Moogle Assistant

Not white noise for me but I like listening to podcasts with calming voices. There's a local radio show about love advice that I used to listen to before but I forgot what it was called. Nowadays I listen to some podcasts on Spotify.