Do you think it's worth it?

Discussion in 'Help with Life' started by Rissy, Jul 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rissy Queen of the Clouds

My boyfriend and I have been together for 6 months, and I'm loving the relationship. But on August 3rd, His family and himself are moving, to a different state. I'm devastated by everyday that I'm not with him, because I'm going to regret not to the day he leaves. I don't want to be in the way, and I still want to see him. What should I do? I mean I love him, and I don't want to be left in the dust when he leaves. He wants to stay with me, but he loves his family, that is in the state he's moving to. What should I do?

2. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

If you want to know what i think even though the chances are that you won't agree and i probably wouldn't take this advice if i was in love, you should end it.You will meet other people while you are away from each other and if one of you like someone where you are, you'll regret the day when you finally have to say you were dating behind his or her back.In the future you are going to love this advice after you take it but it's a horror in the short term because of the break up.I'm looking at this from a person look your point of view.Take my advice if you want and i hope it can help but if yuo feel it's too much then keep asking for advice.

3. Catch the Rain As the world falls down ♥

Long distance relationships can actually work, if you both do genuinely love each other then you can make it work, I personally think maybe giving it a go wont be such a bad idea. You can see how it goes. Then if later on it goes wrong at least you can say you tried.

If you just end it now then you will carry that regret with you for a long time.

At the end of the day sweetheart, you need to do what you want to do. What us guys on this forum say shouldnt make your mind up for you.

4. Nova We left a scar size extra-large.

Yes, just do what you think is best in the end, but maybe you should try the long- distance relationship idea, it might work out, and I'm sorry about your situation, it must be hard.

5. Rissy Queen of the Clouds

He originally said no to me when I asked him out, because he didn't want to break my heart. Then he decided that when he left, that he would break-up with me, just so that we wouldn't have to go through the pain. But it makes it worse. I think I'm caught in something that isn't ment to be. But I want to be ment for us.

6. Inasuma "pumpkin"

...Maxine?

And um, he won't be gone for a week and a half or so. So spend up until maybe 2 days till he is going to go doing casual every day things and spending more time doing fun stuff together.

<3 I hope you guys stay together. Though if you decide to make sure what you decide is what you want.

7. Rissy Queen of the Clouds

Maxine? Whats that mean??? LOL

8. Ashwa <3 Hollow Bastion Committee

Ok, I was talking with you before but I want to try to help and go a bit more in detail (:

Long distance relationships can work. Maybe you can try that. If you both love each other a lot, it'll work. (I have a friend who has a long distance relationship. One year and still going :'D )

And he already said he was going to break up with you before he left? Thats kind of weird. But if you both love each other, then I believe you. And if he does break up with you, just have a night with your friends to cheer you up. That works for me a lot.

But I still hope everything works out for the better for you. Good Luck.

And do what you think is best.

9. Repliku Chaser

I would say to actually try talking to him and find out if you both honestly want the relationship to end. If he is more for that, it is understandable, but at the same time, if you both want to hang on, you could give it a whirl too. I wouldn't push him too much but just say that you feel mature enough to handle a long distance relationship that can turn back to a local one later on if he's willing to work with you.

Long distance relationships -can- work if two people are sincere enough on plans to be together again later on. Of course, if you are a young teen with years ahead of you of school that could make things go on for a long time but if you are both willing to try it, then maybe things will work out for you. So, all in all, talk to him if you have the time to, and listen to each other and if he is for it, go for it and keep in contact over computer, phone and such, but if not, you will have to accept the reality that it's time to let go, even though it hurts because some people are more capable of long distance relationships than others are. I wish you luck and hope for the best resolution to this dilemma.

10. Inasuma "pumpkin"

Okay nevermind then. lol

I just have a friend who's going through that EXACT problem (no joke), and her name is Maxine. It was worth a shot to say something. XD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.