Chain of Memories Do you think it is possible that Marluxia knew of Xemnas plans?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 ReMIX' started by CloakedThunder, Aug 3, 2015.

1. CloakedThunder Destiny Islands Resident

Do you think it possible that the reason that Marluxia did what he did in chain of memories, wasn't just to gain power, but because he somehow found out what Xemnas actual plan for the Organization was and tried to stop it. I think it could actually be possible as it seems as if he was suspicious of the Organization plans from the beginning and never really trusted them. Although if this was the case I think the only reason he would of tried to prevent their plans is because he didn't want to be under anyone control and was willing to do whatever was necessary to prevent that from happening. I think this could be the reason for Marluxia's actions at Castle Oblivion , as in the game it seemed he was after more than just power. What are your thoughts on this? Do you think it was just for power or do you think he knew what the Organization had planned?

2. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

Well, if Marluxia wasn't at least a little suspicious, there's always that question of "Power over what?". If Marluxia didn't think that there was something worth it to be overthrowing the Organization for, I don't think he would have done it. Marluxia doesn't seem so bothered by the fact he doesn't have a heart. It doesn't seem like he really cares (Tee hee). I don't think he was trying to get out of anyone's control per say, and getting his "Freedom" back seems a bit unnecessary, especially because he can do whatever he wants in C.O (Castle Oblivion)

Marluxia was set to be in C.O, and in a cut scene in KH 2 Final Mix

Xemnas sent Xigbar and Xaldin to recruit more members, and they needed a large group to run the castle. The Castle is used for the Replica Project etc. The flashback in FInal Mix takes place in between BBS and KH, and Xigbar and Zexion talk about the castle and the Chamber of Repose, which has Aqua's armor and Keyblade in it, and that Xemnas constructed in Radiant Garden while he was Xehanort (Apparently he visits there all the time). Xigbar believed that Xemnas was looking for the complementary Chamber of Waking, and that this place might be somewhere in C.O

So the reason I'm bringing that up is because, Xigbar really has no filter. Basically through 358/2, 2, and what we see of him in BBS, he doesn't filter out information at all, and if he so casually talked to Zexion about all that, who knows who else he would have told. Especially the people who he knew were going to the castle. We see that Xigbar likes to start drama and problems, he gets a rise out of it, so what I imagine happening with that was that after Xigbar told that to Zexion, there was at least a rumor about what Xemnas was really after at C.O and really, in general. It goes far beyond just Kingdom Hearts. Then after Marluxia found out, Marluxia made this plan, and somehow, probably through because Xigbar told him, Xemnas found out. What I mean to say is that Xigbar is playing for both sides to get some entertainment. He likes to stir the pot. And what better way to do that then to make both sides think the other side is traitorous and scheming.

We know basically nothing about Marluxia, but we do know that it was Xigbar that found him. Xigbar who can't keep his mouth shut to save his life, and also Marluxia who was going to be sent to the castle anyway, so I feel like Xigbar would have mentioned that to him. If not to Marluxia, then Zexion already knows, and it could travel to Marluxia that way.

According to a cut scene in Days

Saïx asks Axel if he has found the Chamber of Waking, to which Axel replied that it was difficult to find since Castle Oblivion is huge and it is currently unknown if that room was ever found. It is also revealed that Axel would be sent various times by Xemnas to find the room, showing Xemnas's extreme determination to find the Chamber of Waking, yet he never could.

Not only does Xigbar know about Xemnas' plan, but so do Axel and Saïx. I mean, at this point, that's two of the, arguably most chatty members of Organization 13 (And Saïx) that all seem to know about this. That doesn't only beg the question of "Who else" but also just makes me think even more that Marluxia had to have known. Someone must have let it slip.

I feel like at least Marluxia, if anything, would have known that much. If he wanted power over ANYTHING it would be 2 'Keyblade Wielders', that doesn't even include Xion, the Riku, Replica and Sora. I don't think Marluxia would have gone after any old 'power', but to have all these Keyblade Wielders, that's a whole different kind of power. Way different then just collecting hearts for Kingdom Hearts. He also tells Roxas that he would have made a "Great addition" whether that's to the C.O team, or to Marluxia's Keyblade Master collection, whooo knows.

I don't think that "What the Organization would have had planned" goes up to Xehanort's plan which was revealed in 3D. If anything, it's what I mentioned above that Marluxia knew of.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  3. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

It's always really hard to reply after @Calxiyn but here goes.

I always assumed that everyone was in on the Organization's plans. It's not like Xemnas was exactly sneaky about what he wanted to do with the Organization's abilities. I'm assuming if even Axel knew what was up, and he's one of the lower ones on the totem pole of Nobodies, then everyone knows and is going along with it. Marluxia's rebellion was just him doing his own thing. I always took it as a way of showing that even Nobodies had personalities and differences in opinion. Marluxia might have even eventually returned to the Organization after he was done playing around.

The way he behaved, it never seemed like Castle Oblivion was much more then a game to him, something he was playing around with. I honestly think that he underestimated Sora's strength, and Namine's own power of will.

Other then that, yeah, pretty much refer to that up there.

4. CloakedThunder Destiny Islands Resident

I agree that Xigbar was trying to cause problems for both sides as he did always seem like he had his own agenda ( wouldn't surprise me if he becomes traitorous at some point) . I think that because there still so much unknown about Marluxia that his role in the plot isn't exactly finished yet and there might still be some more things about his plans at castle oblivion that are still to be revealed. I do agree that it is possible that he could of found out the information from zexion, as in the games he did seem to be loyal to the organization and didn't seem to happy when some of them started to turn on each other, plus he probably did trust xigbar enough to tell him because of knowing each other before the organization. I agree that underestimating Sora, and namine is something he shouldn't have done and was a big mistake on his part, I think it would be interesting if it did turn out that castle oblivion was all a game to him as it would explain a few things such as how he got larxene to help him.

5. Chevalier Crystal Princess

I think Marluxia wasn't informed of the grand scheme of things.

But he knew the power that having Sora on his side would bring him. Enough power to take over the organization.

I mean, thinking he knew about everything might be a nice conclusion to reach, but I really don't think he did.