Do You Like The Current KH Characters?

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by N, Sep 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ultima-Sora Kingdom Keeper

It's not ramble, I think you bring up some very good points. It all seems pretty cut and dry when you think about it.

2. Xendane Banned

Jammin' out in my office on my GEE-TAR!!!
    Are you KIDDING? This isn't NEARLY as long as my No-breath post above yours, dude! And yeah, that's what I said, they do need more new characters, y'know?

3. Jordier0xs0x King's Apprentice

I think the characters now are fine. If there was no Sora, Kairi or Riku there would be no Kingdom Hearts because Kingdom Hearts basically revolves around Sora, Kairi and Riku.
    It seems as though In every new series there Is at least one or two new characters. So you wouldn't have to worry about new characters.

I think Kingdom Hearts Is good the way It Is.

4. hikari93 Merlin's Housekeeper

well I`ll stay with the old characters but I would like to alsp play as other characters like riku , kairi ,donald ,goofy, and even the king.:rockdover:

5. Xendane Banned

Well, in CoM there's an entire half of the game where you play as Riku, and Donald and Goofy are your PARTNERS, there's no changing that, and when Sora dies, you can sometimes play as the king and revive him, so, That's definatelly something.

6. Thebazilly King's Apprentice

Sorry to spam... but I'd like to point out that I'm a girl. ^^;

7. Xendane Banned

Oh man, yeah. Seriously, when you look at the games to date, then you walk on over and look at another game series like that(FF, Halo, something of that sort), you realize: MAN! The KH series is SO BLAND compared to these games! Why not put someone else in there, huh?!

8. Ultima-Sora Kingdom Keeper

EXACTLY! That is EXACTLY the way it is!

9. Xendane Banned

Yeah, I should know, I did that exact thing I said. It's true, I went to a game store, bought KH and KH 2 because I had just gotten another game console(My other one broke), then I looked at Halo 2 and 1 and though, WOW the KH series is kinda' bland! New characters PLEASE!!!

Oh, sorry, didn't catch that, I just call everybody Dude, regardless of what gender they are, it's a bad habit.

10. koolashley King's Apprentice

So do I, and I'm a girl, but that's what I get for hanging out with boys 24/7 lol.

I play a little bit of POTC on the Wii sometimes, and then I recently got to POTC on KHII (I wanted to try Proud Mode), and I realized how colorful and bright they are compared to other games (as listed before, like Halo, FF, Gun, etc.).

Anyway, I like the characters, but I have a feeing SE is going to change them, but I'd rather play newer than old. I do enjoy playing as Sora, Riku, and Roxas, but for some reason I want to play as a girl within the game. I'd rather hear more of Riku, Roxas, Kairi, and Namine's story, but still new characters.

Got it memorized?

11. Gamefreak103 A Freak of Games

If they changed, I would only get confused.

12. Xendane Banned

Yeah, me too.

In other news, I am laughing like an idiot over something really funny I heard the other day...

13. koolashley King's Apprentice

Me, too. Just realized I'd probably say, "That's _____(<insert name of video game person here)! He's cute!"
    And she'd say, "I thought Sora and Roxas were the cutest, though."
    But then I'd get confused (like how you said, gamefreak103) and say, "Isn't he Sora, though?"

My life would be wrecked, and my heart would be broken.

14. Xendane Banned

It would probably confuse a lot of players, like when Roxas came in. I was confused as to how he fit in with KH... Until I saw the keyblade.

I would only be confused for, let's say, half an hour, maybe. At best.

15. Prince of Twilight Gummi Ship Junkie

Yeah.When I first saw Roxas I said:''Who the heck is that guy,where's Sora?''But the truth is that even if we like the current characters we also need to see some new ones

16. Ruxgaurewe Merlin's Housekeeper

...I agree, Sometimes i wish you could also:

Customize your cloths.

Can go beyond the Lv.99-100 Lv Limit.

Customizable Keyblades.

No limits to Gummi ship building.

Next to glide, you could fly.

and Maybe more...

*looks into sky* But that might add buttloads of more data. All i wish for is if they had KH2:FM come out for America by now.

17. Repliku Chaser

I think that the 3 central characters are fine and should be continued on in the storyline. They have been through a lot through the first 2 adventures and CoM and you can see their growth and change. I disagree they are cookie-cutter personalities and such, and even Kairi, who was pretty stereotypical, showed she too was willing to adjust and become more. I would want to see how things pan out for the three of them and also how they advance in coping with their pasts and dilemmas, as well as what they do in the future.

I am pretty sure though that the Organization is done and so new foes or the -real- Xehanort and some of his cronies will be showing up in the actual KH 3 game which is following this middle game that comes next. If they do some intros of new villains, and some new Disney foes and worlds, I think it would be pretty cool and not be boring to me at all. I'd rather they didn't add too many others, but obviously Terra, Ven and Aqua are going to be in the 3rd one which is alright, but I would hope it won't add on much more than that so the plot stays smooth. The story really is supposed to be about Sora, Riku and Kairi and their lives and it would seem wrong if that was taken away; especially since mostly Riku and Kairi were in the background and didn't get so much screen time. I -really- have hopes that they will actually make Riku or/and Kairi able to be used as characters. I felt jipped somewhat in KH2 that Riku was there for so short of a time, couldn't leave the world and you actually got to use him for all of a crummy minute on his own.

18. Zandyne King's Apprentice

Personally, it would be the best course of action for them to stick with the central trinity if you get what I mean...sure I would be overjoyed if Kairi for once wasn't always the maiden in distress, but hey, she's 'token' in that sense I suppose. (e_e)

Only suggestions I can really brew together or at least what I would like to see are more "KH Original Worlds" such as Hollow Bastion (old one mind you, the KH2 one seemed rather SMALL), The World That Never Was and The End of the World (whatever happened to places like that that really set the mood for the story???)

They could technically lighten up on the focus of graphics and put it into...I dunno, world exploration and plot integration (maybe even some PUZZLES to break up the x bash fest but not those...."mini-games" I shudder to call them.)

I would also suppose that they would leave the "true villians" history as ambiguous as always...but believe it or not, I'd like more canon extras like the Ansem/Secret Ansem Reports.....but eh, we are but the consumers in this regard.

Disney can stay put, just hopefully more relevant plot integration this time around, and less pointless minigames. (Sorry but I really thought all of the "job" ones after Twilight Town served an almost VOID of a purpose -cough taking up precious disc space cough- in the game.)

PS: The "Which Ansem is he ANYWAY" name game should continue, because I find it amusing. XD

19. Xendane Banned

For red: Well, they HAD to do SOMETHING, otherwise the game would be as short as the first!

for green: I don't know, they OUGHTA' maybe put a true villain in there, I mean, otherwise you don't know where the keyblade came from, or the heartless were made, or how Orginization was first created or anything like that. A little enlightenment would be nice.

For Blue: Original worlds, they have plenty of those, we just need a lot MORE of them is the problem. Otherwise, they're fine the way they are.

20. O R A N G E C is the heavenly option

between an erupting earth and an exploding sky
    Urgghhh!! I think they could do with less Disney. Wouldn't it be amazing if Midgar was a world? I'd probably piss myself with happines.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.