Do you guys have any good animes to recommend?

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Vagineer, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

The anime only covered about six volumes -- there were 18. The voices in the dub were atrocious. The ending was dumb.

2. Laurence_Fox Chaser

Sengoku BASARA
    Sengoku BASARA: Judge End ( It pretty much tells the story of the 3rd video game )
    Ronin Warriors ( It's an older '80s anime but it kind of has a cheesy Power Rangers feeling to it.)
    Sailor Moon
    Ranma 1/2
    Saiyuki ( I have yet to watch Gensomaden but Reload and Gunlock were pretty good. )
    Outlaw Star
    Cowboy Bebop
    Vision of Escaflowne

3. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

The manga is better in most ways, but I could never get used to the art style. It's not ugly, but I just can't seem to get myself to like it.

4. Darkandroid Gets it Together

Psycho Pass
    Aldnoah Zero

5. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

6. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

I have the volumes and they cover until 10. There's at least 21. I don't have past that yet.

7. 61 No. B

I can understand not liking the art in earlier chapters, it is kinda weird, but it get's so beautiful pretty quickly.

8. Antidote Façade

Akame ga Kill because this

[​IMG]

queen

9. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

There's only 18 volumes. Though I will admit to being wrong about how much the anime covers, google says it ends in volume 9.

10. Spike H E R O

If you don't mind episodic storytelling, then Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo are a good place to start to start. Cowboy Bebop has something of a cult following for it's unique emphasis on style and character development, while being very carefully in how it distributes it's story. While you're watching this, keep in mind that this isn't so much a show with a story to tell as it is a show that tries to get you thinking about a specific idea with each episode ( up to you to figure out what that is). Just so we're clear, this isn't a Western, but a Sci-Fi made up to have a Western feel to it (kind of like an anime version of Firefly, but a lot more bluesy than country).

If that works out for you, Samurai Champloo is considered a 'spiritual successor' to Cowboy Bebop, meaning that while the setting, story, and visual styles of it are completely different, it comes from the same mold as Bebop in how the story is told and how the characters are fleshed out. Kinda hard not to like one without liking the other, imo.

If you're looking for something that really takes you outside the box, you might benefit from Tengen Toppa Gurren Laggan. It also has a cult following, but the story progression is superb and unexpectedly well thought out considering how ridiculous and zany the show's style is, but that's also part of it's charm.

However, if you're looking for something a little more......traditional in design, then Fullmetal Alchemist could be the perfect fit for you. But just a heads up, you'll come across two titles: Full Metal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, with the latter being a reboot that follows the original manga. If you want to get into FMA, then I suggest you watch Brotherhood later, otherwise you might not appreciate the differences between the two.

NOTE: With the exception of Gurren Lagann, I'd recommend the Dub over the Sub, because Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, and Fullmetal Alchemist (both titles) are dubbed superbly, and that's something most people would agree on (which is really rare in the anime community).

11. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

I think you need to do some reading. Apologies, I don't have volume 19.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

EDIT

Wikipedia says that Soul Eater will have 25 volumes.

12. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

Erm I believe Killian (love the name btw need to get back into OUAT) was talking about Host Club not Soul Eater, although the Manga for Soul Eater is much better than the anime as well. (Honestly most mangas are better than the animes)

13. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

Ooooh. Hm. Wonder how I mixed that up. Sorry Hyuge!

Ouran anime wasn't bad, but the manga was much better. Personally, the Fruits Basket anime was worse. Neither the dub nor the sub had voice actors which fit the characters.

14. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

No what are you talking about Fruits basket never got an anime. If it had gotten an anime it would have been really good and finished the whole story- just like D Gray Man. It never got an anime either

If you can't tell I'm in denial about these animes being things.

15. Gamefreak103 A Freak of Games

The moment that made me look down on the series...
    [​IMG]

16. Plums Wakanda Forever

Steins;Gate
    Puella Magi Madoka Magica (and the film Rebellion)
    Kill la Kill
    Gurren Lagann

MICHIKO TO HATCHIN (swear to god i will make someone here (looking at you MISTY) watch this)

PING PONG THE ANIMATION (only 12 episodes~)

17. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

I didnt know we were talking about two different things.

So i stand by what I said. Hurka.[DOUBLEPOST=1413339932][/DOUBLEPOST]I didnt know we were talking about two different things.

So i stand by what I said. Hurka.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
  18. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

I know this is a horror anime, but there's a new anime called Parasyte. Is it good? It sounds interesting to me. The parasite that inhabites the human host slowly has human traits while the host slowly loses his human traits, becoming like a parasite.

19. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

Inferno Cop.

20. Yukari Merlin's Housekeeper

Attack on Titan, Ouran Highschool Host Club, Sword art Online, Baka to Test, Death Note.