Do you ever cry when you read?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Arcantress, Oct 24, 2007.

?

Do you every cry when you read?

1. All the time! ;__;

29 vote(s)
    12.4%
  2. Sometimes...

151 vote(s)
    64.8%
  3. Don't read

16 vote(s)
    6.9%
  4. Pfft, crying is for wimps!

37 vote(s)
    15.9%
  1. Jayn

If the book is well-written and I care about the character and something tragic happens,
    I will cry.

Some books suck to much for me to care about them.
    Actually, some books I read actually make me laugh when something bad happens .___.​

2. Shizzy Gummi Ship Junkie

I was balling when
    HP7 SPOILERS

Fred Weasley died...
    He was so awesome!!

3. Finale Wannabe Nobody

i dont cry when i read, but if it is something highly emotional then i do get depressed...

4. Invader Jack Twilight Town Denizen

I almost cried when I read Artemis Fowl: The Arctic Incident when he himself cried in that book (hey, he was supposed to be this cold-hearted guy with no emotions!;)), and then I did cry sometime during New Moon... That's it. It takes a lot to get me to cry during a book or a movie. :p

5. childofturin Why?

I have never cried during either a book or a movie. If a movie is sad (and I mean, really, REALLY sad), it will sometimes make me feel sad or depressed, or make a lump form in my throat, but never cry. If a book is sad (really REALLY sad), I typically will put it down and think for a while, until the sadness passes. I don't like to cry. It makes me feel too vulnerable. I only do it when I have been genuinely hurt by something - like when my parents get all negative and tell me unless I buckle down some more (I already have about a 3.2 GPA - pretty good for me), I will never amount to anything. Then (and this is when I was at home), we would get into a shouting match, I would storm off, sometimes put a hole into my door or wall, and then, when I was alone, cry for a few minutes. Then I would get online until I forgot all about it.

6. Senbonzakura Kageoshi Kingdom Keeper

i just cried after read Volume four of fruits basket.

7. Johnny Bravo Chaser

nope, I dont get emotial when I read...

8. Daydreamer

Nope, never cried yet. But I do get sad if something bad happens to a character I like. But I never cry when reading.

9. Tootsie coquí

I sobbed when I read The Giver.

10. Fracture Sαlαmαndєr ™

I cried a lot when I read where the red fern grows and meh best friend bailey cried with me.

11. Ryan Finesse Destiny Islands Resident

Strange, whenever I read a sad book, I dont cry. I read it again, I cry.

12. Fracture Sαlαmαndєr ™

Same here! I loved Artemis Fowl: 1-4 made me really emotional, happy, and hungry, I know that this is probably in the wrong place, but, I really cry when I watch law and order and other police drama shows that are really good.

13. Riku-Sama's Shadow Hollow Bastion Committee

NEVER!!!! I don't cry when i read and I never have

14. fadedphantom King's Apprentice

Yes, I cry very easily when reading books, actually. I get really emotionally connected to the characters and put myself in their shoes. Also I think it's because I don't generally cry that often about things that happen to me in real life, so it's like a relief to get lost in a book and just let it out...

15. Cutsman Gummi Ship Junkie

nope. but i tend to have nightmares after reading a scary story.

Maybe if i tried real hard to cry i might be able to force myself.

16. Absol Hollow Bastion Committee

I cried when I read The Green Mile. D:

I was pretty ****ed up at the time, so that might've had something to do with it, but... still. It was just so damn sad.

17. Cherry Pie Pwns Gummi Ship Junkie

Depends on the book. The most recent time that I've cried over a book was when I read "Night" for English. I won't tell you when, because I don't wanna spoil anyone.

18. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

Recently I sorta cried when I finished Busou Renkin. But it was more like happy than sad, because the ending was just like an overload of fluff.
    Manga endings are usually the only time I cry over books...especially the endings of InuYasha and Chrono Crusade. InuYasha was good, but Chrono Crusade was just depressing as hell. xD

Cherry Pie - That was a really amazing book; sad yes, but still very well written. I probably wouldn't be able to recall all of those things if they happened to me and write it down.

19. Bond of Flame I'm an alien

I don't get how one can get so emotional while reading books. I do cry watching films though, but that's rare.

20. Kenni-Chan King's Apprentice

I think the closest I've come to crying when reading a book (And don't hate me for this, because you may hate the film and the fad, but the books are actually brilliant) is in the book New Moon, from the Twilight series, when... In case you're actually reading this book, I will put this as a spoiler, because I don't want to ruin a good book.
    When Edward says that he has to leave and breaks up with Bella, and she is so confused and upset and hurt so badly.
    I only cried a little, because I was so into her character at the time.