Do you ever cry when you read?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Arcantress, Oct 24, 2007.

?

Do you every cry when you read?

1. All the time! ;__;

29 vote(s)
    12.4%
  2. Sometimes...

151 vote(s)
    64.8%
  3. Don't read

16 vote(s)
    6.9%
  4. Pfft, crying is for wimps!

37 vote(s)
    15.9%
  1. Misty gimme kiss

I can't really remember the last time I cried when reading, but I expect I've cried at least once. :B

2. Chevalier Crystal Princess

well, i got a book, its called "son of shadows"(a book that i think is past my age,( i picked the first one in the triology because i thought it was fine)the second book ,the protagonist of the first book, dies and they sent her through the river in a little boat with flowers around it, and then the mucisians played a song, in the book(i coulnt hear it,duh)but just imagining the entire scene, i heard the music in my head( a music that i had never heard before,XD) and i started crying.........

3. Sexy Sheva Banned

I have cried in the Twilight series, Notes from the Midnight Driver, and A Taste of Smoke

they were all really good books, and i enjoyed them <3

4. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

I seriously can't remember a time when I cried while reading a book. :/

5. catspee Merlin's Housekeeper

Same here.

The only time I could remember when I got slighty teary-eyed was when I was reading this book from the David Peltzer trilogy of his life and it was something about his father and that he gave Davey his old medal he worked so hard to get. I forgot what exactly I was sad about around that part but it was like in the last book and had something to do with fathers. Sad stuff.

6. Anixe Hollow Bastion Committee

I think I cried sometimes during many books. For instance, the book we are reading in English "Night" by Elie Wiesel. The part where Juliek was playing his violin in the middle of the night was really touching (cuz I'm a musician) and how Elie explains that he is playing the last bit of his life for the audience of the dead. Really inspiring. ;-;

7. SuperStardustHD Banned

Nope I've never cried by reading a book neither have I by playing games or watching movies.

8. Fallen King Kingdom Keeper

NoMethod Error `stupid_location' for nil:NilClass
    i cried reading firestar and the titans curse those are two very good books

9. Bubble Master Califa Hollow Bastion Committee

I couldn't help but cry when I read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, it was so sad when a certain character died that I went like "Oh noes but he's too little to die!" I think the people who read it know who I mean.

10. animejerk124 Merlin's Housekeeper

omg.. that book makes me sad T.T haha I loved it though

11. stripy4 Traverse Town Homebody

Only once. SPOILER AHEAD!!! HI-LIGHT BETWEEN THE 2 ASTRICKS IF YOU HAVE ALREADY READ THE 7th HP BOOK OR DON'T CARE IF IT GETS SPOILED!!!

I cried when reading the 7th Harry Potter book when * Dobby died * Apart from that I don't think so.

12. Hissora ahurhurhur.

OF COURSE! I really get into books.

I remember reading Eldest on the last day of school in 6th grade and I cried at that damned twist. Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix both pissed me off and made me cry, as well.

13. kh_namine_kh Traverse Town Homebody

i cried when reading the 6th book of the saga ofdarren shan *spoiler ahead if you havent read the vampire prince* when kurda died , it made me sad because he was my favorte charecter. ( in 3 of the books anyway)

14. Styx That's me inside your head.

Not that I can remember.

15. MadDoctorMaddie I'm a doctor, not a custom title!

Spoiler Warning...

Never actually been in tears, but the closest was while I was reading Eragon, when Brom died. I was in a crowded bus though, so I had to bight back the tears. Tonk's and Lupin's death was really sad too in HP7

I've cried out of happiness and laugher numerously. My ribs where aching all of the time when I read Starfighters of Adumar, the was dialogue was brilliant.​

16. Ultimecia sorceress

I've never cried before while reading any book. I don't think I ever will, but that's just me :D

17. Jasper Cullen Hollow Bastion Committee

Yeah I cried during the 7th and 8th volume of pita ten. Because of course my favorite characters were leaving.

18. Nova We left a scar size extra-large.

I sometimes do. It depends on the book, but I can't remember what books ive cried at xD

19. Snow Princess King's Apprentice

omg anything i read will make me cry... im such a wimp but i LOVE IT!!

20. Rainbow~Monkey Gummi Ship Junkie

i cried while reading the bridge to terabithia, and and cant remember the others