Do you ever cry when you read?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Arcantress, Oct 24, 2007.

?

Do you every cry when you read?

1. All the time! ;__;

29 vote(s)
    12.4%
  2. Sometimes...

151 vote(s)
    64.8%
  3. Don't read

16 vote(s)
    6.9%
  4. Pfft, crying is for wimps!

37 vote(s)
    15.9%
  1. Adeli Merlin's Housekeeper

Oh boy have I cried while reading... not always books either.

I cried while reading the ending of particularly touching SoRiku fanfic called I Would Know You.

I cried while reading the ending of Crisis Core... Zack poor Zack...

I almost cried while reading of Dumbledore's death [good thing I didn't cause I was in the school library at the time... -.-; My sniffs attracted a few glances].

HP7 though I was too shocked to cry. XD Didn't think they'll die... it was unexpected. I don't think the reality of it has hit me yet...

2. Fork These violent delights have violent ends

Nope, never do cry when it's a book. Then again, I don't even cry in movies.
    I'm just not that sort of person.

By the way, I didn't vote, since "Crying is for wimps" is not a real vote <_<

3. Antidote Façade

Err.. no. I never cry when reading books, cos I never actually willingly read books 8D The only time would be in English class when we get made to read 'em. Haven't really read anything that soppy or sad :\ We always seem to get to read sadistic killer books. My favourite :DDD

Outside school, I only read Nuts. Maybe I'd cry tears of joy at all the naked girls with their big breastedness. :33

4. AlexleHoshi Dude called Alex

I only cried once while reading and that's when I was reading Half Blood Prices

5. Fork These violent delights have violent ends

I think you mean "Half Blood prince"

6. the muffin man Banned

Nah,i've never cried with a book.I've cried with a movie,but DEFINITELY not a book

7. Sasuke240 Kingdom Keeper

that must be funny when some1 is screamin :D i don't read only if it is for school

8. Quiet Elegy This is the death of beauty.

Only once I did, acctualy, it was just yesterday (tecnically today cuz I was up till 3am reading it -__-) The girl in the story was so much like me and the way it was written was...not really sad acctually now that I think of it, but it made my eyes go blurry quite a few times. Strange huh? first time a book ever brought me to tears. Being specific, it's called 'Angels Turn Their Backs'

Sorta not related but I've only every cryed watching a movie once to....again, it wasn't really sad just...I dunno. I think it was called 'Fluke'

Then their was this one time while watching an anime and I started crying, and when my sister found out what I was crying about she laughed her head off. >_>

Their must be something wrong with me, I don't cry when it's sad, yet I do at these other odd times. :sweatdrop:

9. Unmei Traverse Town Homebody

it's funny how you think i'll actually tell you

i cry when i read something that touches my heart, sad or happy. It's really mostly mangas, like i cried when sora turned into a heartless in the first kh mangas (even though i knew he'd come back), and also in DBZ. my friend lent it to me, and when i read the part where vegeta died, i was literally in a puddle of my own tears.

10. Shuhbooty moon child

Sometimes.. not all the time. I cryed in New Moon, and that really it. My eyes get all watery but not much to shed a tear really. =/

I'm so lame..

11. naminestwinsister Destiny Islands Resident

i am sorry but no more HP books but i have heard J.K Rowling is planning on writing a book on the life of voldemort i think it said it was going to be called tom riddle so maybe we'll have the epic fights with hary

i cry in books i cried in pretty much every harry potter book especially when someone is hurt or they die books are like freinds to me since i dont actually have any freinds i'm just onsidered a weirdo all because (1.) i'm a book worm (2.) i'm not an emo or chav or skater or anything i'm either nothing or me both are equivalant

12. Asterisk NO WONT LET YOU

You forgot never.....

LMAO half blood prices XD XD XD

13. Mr. Van Whippy ♥ Biscuits and cookies

Same here. I was shocked when he died.

14. reptar REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I never cried during that book, its probably cause i read the whole boook in one day and then my eyes burned THEN I cried : D

15. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

I'll admit; sometimes I do cry from books.

But then again, it's manga. I don't know how many people consider that books. I do, but that's besides the point. >_>

Anyway. InuYasha, Rurouni Kenshin, and Chrono Crusade have made me cry.
    They're great series...but really sad at parts.

16. sora32477 Merlin's Housekeeper

At dumbledore's funeral in Harry Potter I cried.

17. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

I actually didn't cry during that. O_o;;
    I cried when Hedwig died though...That was the only time I cried during HP7.

18. keyblade card master Merlin's Housekeeper

ok......?

so u are talking about the books of harry potter 6 and eragon?right?

19. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

It's any book series.

In my case I put manga series (because I'm a dork. >_>), but yeah. I never actually read Eragon. ^^'

20. Arcantress King's Apprentice

I have to say, that is the single saddest part in any book i've ever read- and i've read alot of books. Maybe because i know what its like to go to a funeral now. Maybe because Dumbledore was my favorite teacher in the book. Maybe, maybe, maybe- but i just cracked when the Phoenix started singing and didn't stop crying till the end of the book ;__;

BTW, something i have to say about harry potter real quick, i just reached this part of Book 7;
    Spoilers spoilers spoilers!

HOLY MOLY! SNAPE IS HEADMASTER? MOODY IS DEAD? WHAT HAS THE WORLD COME TO?!!!