Do you drive?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Meilin Lee, Aug 16, 2012.

?

Do you drive?

1. Yes

62.7%
  2. No

37.3%
  1. nasirrich King's Apprentice

I'll end you on the spot so watch your six
    You drive a Ford bro?
    What type of cold air we talking here?
    Fords are always in shops so much for easy to work on
    Hang on is your truck lifted or anything of that nature?

2. kevz2kool Twilight Town Denizen

I do, with great pleasure. 185 thousand problem-free miles thus far.
    I took it off recently, I was running the AFE Stage 2 Cold Air on mine. I loved it, not a dramatic difference in performance (the 19 hp they say you'll gain is BS, as I knew when i bought it), but the sound with the exhaust and everything flowed very nicely, but I had a friend in the need of one so I sold it and switched back to my stock setup; planning on doing the Gotts mod soon.
    No lift, torsion bars are cranked a little but not maxed so I don't have it as high as could be, but it's about level. I currently go to college in Kansas City so I need it low enough to work with the parking garages, and I'm really close as it is.[DOUBLEPOST=1366657493][/DOUBLEPOST]
    What engine in the F150? I've driven the Eco, 302, and the 6.2 and loved them all. My dad has a '12 Ecoboost Crew cab Lariat, and it's a great truck so far. The torque range is insane on it, even with just 3.55 gears; an outstanding tow vehicle.

3. nasirrich King's Apprentice

So you have no problems doing alignments when you need to get the stock heights, and your lower control arm, or tie rod ends aren't effected by the torsion bar lifted a bit?

4. kevz2kool Twilight Town Denizen

Nope, I haven't had any issue so far. Like I said it's not a dramatic difference, but I just did a re-alignment after the job and its been trouble-free ever since.

Btw, props for jumping on the FR-S. Haven't gotten to drive one yet, but they sound stellar, a legit driver's car. Sucks you don't have it with you everyday

This is kinda nice having someone else that doesn't run when I say the words 'torsion keys', 'torque range', and 'tie rods'

FINALLY! ANOTHER HUMAN BEING

5. nasirrich King's Apprentice

I am in a major for automobiles too. The FRS isn't there anymore something happened and no one said anything to me so I'm stuck with nothing again DX The only bad thing about that car is how hard the braking is when you try to do a sharp turn with the assisted control braking.

I gotta say the fact you drive a Ford with no problems is a first for me. We get so many Fords that have problems by "Car Pros" because of a bad tie rod end, misalignment, braking, SAI problems, toe problems, caster, and camber issues which is why am not fond on working on American cars. I'm a import man, but they too are a pain in the ass in to work on.

6. kevz2kool Twilight Town Denizen

It's always been good to me. The only things I've had to do in the past 3-3 1/2 years is basic maintenance, a heater hose, and spark plugs (which kinda count as basic maintenance). The factory plugs came out at 165,000 and even then they got switched as a result of the heater hose spraying coolant on by one of the plugs, causing a slight misfire from the coolant interfering with the spark. I'm more of the school of everyone has something to offer, except Mopar, but Ford is what seems to suit me best thus far. When you say 'we get so many', where do you mean? work?

7. nasirrich King's Apprentice

Work at the shop I'm in at Chassis and Autobody... I'm an Autobody Major to start this off the right way. I have been working on cars in a shop at 15ish I'd like to say and Fords were always the cars that would come in with problems. Now my college has a Ford Asset program where if you excel for Ford Labs I and II you'll get a job at any Ford Dealership just like that. I maybe an Autobody Major, but I take Auto Tech classes such as Chassis, Suspension, I haven't taken engines lab yet, and I'm missing one and its pissing me off DX

The reason why Imports piss me off when working on them is how exact you have to be for every little thing because one slip up will ruin the job. And the customers car(We do get live work on other peoples cars not just the school cars.) will be in the shop longer, but I love imports a lot so I don't mind.

8. kevz2kool Twilight Town Denizen

I hear you. I'm not certified or anything, I just work on my stuff and friend's stuff on downtime. I work at Interstate Batteries, so doing battery installs a few times a day is about as close as I get to doing any legit mechanical work on customer's cars

9. nasirrich King's Apprentice

I took electronic for Batteries and stuff like that. To prove it that white sticker that has a letter and number like K9 I think K is September or August and nine could be in the 1990's or 09 depending on the make and model of the car. They have relay testing, bench testing, alternator testing, things like that for Electronics just so you understand I know what I'm talking about. I'm not lying to you about this stuff that I take.

10. Daenerys Targaryen ok

YEA so I passed my road test. My parents I are looking for a car for me currently

11. gintasthebest Traverse Town Homebody

Yes but I'm starting out. Right now I drive my mom's van for practice but hopefully soon I'll get my full license and then get my own car.

12. kevz2kool Twilight Town Denizen

Yep, the K9 (date stamp) is also imprinted on the side of the case as well as typically on the top of the case for when the battery was filled with acid and initially charged. Basically the majority of the stuff you studied is what I do. Not just changing batteries but pretty regularly tracking down key-off drains, alternator issues, relay systems, etc. We really have hijacked this thread lol

13. nasirrich King's Apprentice

Ahhh Key off draw tests good times good times

14. kevz2kool Twilight Town Denizen

Until you can't find the damn fuse that's causing the draw

15. nasirrich King's Apprentice

Tch tell me about that sh** is really annoying god the amount of time that took when trying to find the fuse =.=

16. kevz2kool Twilight Town Denizen

Or dealing with people that think you can charge your dead battery by driving around the block. Or old guys who still are afraid to set a battery on concrete

17. nasirrich King's Apprentice

Well they do have saying and myths about doing things like that so I wouldn't blame them. My favorite is asking to charge a battery that's basically as old as the shop and want it charged because it died on them.

18. kevz2kool Twilight Town Denizen

The battery on concrete thing was true...50 years ago. Then they switched to plastic cases rather than wood, so they don't self-discharge into the concrete anymore. Yeah I get that a lot too. Just had a guy ask me if I could charge his battery manufactured in October of 1994 so he could use it.

19. nasirrich King's Apprentice

XD I hope you went easy on him and gave in because I honestly wouldn't have that really annoys because a lot. Sometimes it doesn't charge the way its supposed and they go oh just charge it again it'll work fine. Doesn't work +.+

20. Sara Tea Drinker

I do drive, but I don't have a car. I do know how to drive though and can competently drive anywhere I feel comfortable with.