Kingdom Hearts III Do We Really Need Drive Forms?

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by ReverofEnola, Nov 16, 2016.

1. ReverofEnola King's Apprentice

What are your thoughts about this?

2. gersomvs Guest

I think he may be right. Drive forms were, cool but they were a simple way for cruising through the game. For a long time as I played Kingdom Hearts, my strategy consisted of mashing the x-button, rarely even using magic. I used magic only when necessary. That's what makes me so glad about some of the challenges throughout most of the series where magic is a requisite. I think drive forms can be implemented again, but they need to be more balanced than they were in KH II. There need to be clear advantages and/or disadvantages between the two forms which force the player to somewhat plan out a strategy and not run into combat like a maniac. Through the various trailers we've seen magic can influence the environment and that may be essential to beat certain enemies. This should not mean that each specific type of enemy can only be defeated through one specific strategy. That is in fact the only issue I had with the secret bosses in Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep. The same can be said for the offensive form and the guard form. I think that they shouldn't create a game where you cruise through the story using only one type of attack. The most ideal execution is being given the freedom to formulate your own strategy. Maybe some techniques work better than others.

3. Dravoo Traverse Town Homebody

I dont mind so long as they aren't overpowered and optional. Granted balance in KH games since KH2 has been...iffy. Between command deck+shotlocks and drives I'd pick drives though.

I do think drives should be more limited this time around. Like two or three at most. Preferable two which you can level up a small degree so that they change as you go. Like new abilities or color changes, etc.