Do most Disney sequels stink?

Discussion in 'Disney Galaxy' started by Gamefreak103, Apr 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spitfire I'm a little high, and a little drunk.

I can safely say, That I feel that every single sequel blows hard, I really hate them all, I can't think of one good one.

2. Viroxor Traverse Town Homebody

The Restaraunt at the End of the Universe.
    The Pocahontas sequel had only one redeeming quality, and that was the fact that it had Billy Zane.

3. orgXIIIfan King's Apprentice

The only Disney triologies that work for me are Aladdin,The Lion King and Pirates of the Carribean.They ruined Beauty and the BEast with the 2nd sequel which was boring(Belle's Magical World).Cinderella 3 was very good. The Little Mermaid trilogy is not really good eversince the sequel bumped in.Atlantis had the WORST SEQUEL EVER! nuff' said.

4. VI schemer Destiny Islands Resident

DIsney destroys my favorite movies. Mulan 2 was awful!:mad:

5. Sanda Kingdom Keeper

I think sequels are just bad in general ;__;
    (with the exception of PotC of course!)
    But yea Disney does kill its classics by comming out with their sequels:(
    I havent seen too many of them, only because the ones that I HAVE seen have proven to be such a dissapointment :{

6. rikurep Gummi Ship Junkie

only good sequel, lion king........potc sequels rule too

7. no-reality_allowed ¢ℓαιяνσуαηт ℓσνєкιℓℓ

All disney sequels that are direct to dvd suck.

The few that made it to theatures aren't that bad.

8. orgXIIIfan King's Apprentice

9. Anderson (☞゚∀゚)☞ You've lost the game.

Generally yes. I mean, two of my favorite Disney movies were Mulan and the Lion King.

The sequels can not beat the originals. It's just not possible seeing how well made most of the movies were.

10. libregkd -

11. Twilight_Wish Destiny Islands Resident

The only Disney sequels I've ever really liked are the Aladdin sequels and the Lion King sequels.

12. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I do prefer all the classics (apart from The lion King) because they are original but the sequels might just take the story too far.

13. GameFreak12389 Traverse Town Homebody

Not many are that good but, The Lion King II is my favorite disney movie. I love the plot and the characters. They did a great job on it. And like another person said, The Lion King movies are based off of Shakespeare plays. The Lion King is based off of Hamlet and The Lion King II is based off of Romeo and Juliet.

14. Xadllas Traverse Town Homebody

Oh in case anyone was wondering, The Little Mermaid III will be about Ariel's mother Athena.

15. DisneyPsyco Moogle Assistant

Disney Sequals

Not all Disney sequals are bad, but some like the Little Mermaid II or Cinderella II & III are kind bad. But some like Pocahontas II & Balto II are good. Bambi II is pretty good. I think it just depends on what reason they make the movie for.

16. reptar REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Balto not a disney :3

thats the sequel for Beauty and the Beast i thoght it was a Christmas one i have

Your kidding me right? i thoght Disney stole the idea of Lion King stolen from Osamu Tezuka's (astro boy creator) Kimba the white lion Simba Kimba here is even an identical picture of the two movies: [​IMG]

and disney was going to make Simba white

17. Sorax SPAAAAAAACCCCCEEEEEEEEEE is a triumph.

To answer that simple questions, yes, most sequels stink

Some reasons, the graphics detail, way different, like the hunchback of notre dame 2
    The first movie had a lot better quality
    The second looked like a cartoon tv show in the 60's

18. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Sorry, may I just say the picture from the Lion King is actually Mufasa XD I watched the film too much. I would laugh if Simba would of been white.

19. ZakuraRabbit Gummi Ship Junkie

My Lion King DVD includes so many documentaries it's weird and I've never heard anything about Simba being white:p
    From what they said in those documentaries, LK was the first Disney Movie which wasn't directly based on any book or anything (like Fox and the Hound and 101 Dalmations were) yet it is greatly influenced by Hamlet:p (there's a story behind that, Scar was originally a rogue lion but then decided to make things more "intresting" and made him Mufasa's brother, then they started seeing the Hamlet-resemblance:P that is all mentioned on the DVD)

Some Disney-sequels are good, others not as good, and some suck. I liked LK2 and the PoTC-trilogy.
    Stitch the Movie was a little nah but Lilo and Stitch 2 was actally decent:)
    I got Brother Bear 2 for christmas and I think it was a little too easy solved:p It wasn't nearly as good as the original (nothing ever isXD not even LK but still...) but it didn't straight out suck.
    Cinderella 2 was just a mix of short stories. I hated it. Haven't seen the 3. and probably never will (unless it appears on Disney Channel, then I might see it while being on the computer or playing Game Boy at the same time....I tend to do that on semi-intresting shows)

20. Xejicka Twilight Town Denizen

Yeah, most Disney sequels suck and it's part of the reason why I don't watc hDisney channel anymore. Only exceptions (there might be more later): PotC movies, Aladin movies and Kingdom Hearts games. You have to admit that KH2 was an improovement. A first for Disney to have a sequel that might actually be better than the original

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.