Do Americans wear shoes indoors

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by C, Nov 21, 2013.

1. C This silence is mine

2. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

It depends on the situation. Obviously if you're out in public you wear shoes indoors. You probably wouldn't wear them walking around your own home. As for other people's houses, it heavily varies. Typically you take your shoes off unless told you don't need to. I always take my shoes off out of respect to the other person's home unless I'm A) at my grandpa's house [ he always tells me to keep my shoes on and 1/2 the time I ignore him and take them off anyway ] or B) I'm at the home of the man I clean house for. His place is pretty dirty and I feel more sanitary keeping my shoes on while I clean. I think the only other real time shoes would be kept on is if you were going in and out real quick, rather than spending the time necessary to take the shoes off.

3. C This silence is mine

Do people consider it polite for guests to take their shoes off or is keeping them on more polite?

4. burnitup Still the Best 1973

I don't because I'm not some filthy barbarian.

5. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

I avoid wearing anything on my feet whenever possible. Socks and shoes just feel... icky to wear.

Oddly enough, many Barbarians didn't even have shoes to wear outside, let alone indoors.

6. Fearless A good and beautiful child

Most people don't care tbh.

7. jafar custom title

It's considered polite to ask if you should take off your shoes, and the host will then say you should either keep your shoes on or take them off or that it's your choice.

8. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

This pretty much sums it up. You basically just leave it up to the owner of the house to decide whether or not you should take off your shoes.

9. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

I plan on getting a shoe rack and some slippers so I can be a total weeaboo.

I don't know. It depends on the situation. I normally don't wear shoes in my home while I'm just lazing about. I wear shoes when I go to someone else's house. I've only had a few people who've had me take my shoes off at the door. I also take my shoes off if they're muddy when I'm going into someone else's house. Americans have stinky feet so we like to keep them covered, lol jk?

10. Misty gimme kiss

I remember at age 9 or 10 I went to a neighbor's house and he made fun of me for taking off my shoes. It was the first time I'd ever seen a household like that. So, in my experience, most of us do take them off.

11. Amaury Legendary Hero

My mom likes us to take our shoes off, but she's not a bigot on it, either.

Most of the time, I just don't remember to take them off. I'll even have to remind my friend when he comes over, and he's been hanging out with me since we met in elementary school.

12. Hayabusa Venomous

It depends on the person's house I'm at. Asian? Shoes off. Not Asian? Probably shoes on, though one friend's house is a shoes-off place. I prefer shoes-off in a house myself, but I must have my socks on...I don't like manfeet.

13. 61 No. B

Define "wear shoes indoors."

I don't take them off outside of the house. I wear them inside to the place that I take them off and then I don't wear them. I don't lounge around the house in them but if I do wear them for whatever reason its not a big deal. Shoes are something I sometimes wear on my feet, that's the extent of my thoughts on them. its whatever

14. cstar stay away from my waifu

wait, by indoors do you mean at homes? Because in that case if differs, but at places like school and work it is generally frowned upon to take off your shoes... by frowned upon I mean someone I know got a detention once for not wearing shoes.