Anime/Manga: Divine❃Rose

Discussion in 'Role-Playing Arena' started by Maka Albarn, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Maka Albarn It's called love

A Price Unpaid- Gavin, Zephyr, Thea
    As the guards shouted, Thea looked around and noticed a guy leading a child out. Gavin said they should go, but Thea looked around as Zephyr and Gavin headed straight for the man and child. "I'm going to cut him off." Thea mumbled to herself before rushing off to the side, pushing her way through the guards and trying to circle in the direction she assumed he might flee of he saw Zephyr and Gavin.

[​IMG]

In an instant, the child and the flutist vanished in a thick column of fog that swirled. The sound of the flute stopped, only to appear right by Thea.

A melody like a lullaby began to play, luring Thea over to the hooded figure to come to them. The child that was with them earlier was no longer visible, and the guards were panicking in the thick fog.

As Thea ran she couldn't hear the flute anymore, she didn't know where he would be going. Her own vision of him was obscured by the fog and Thea wasn't quite sure what to do. Bringing a flame to her hand she tried to burn away some of the fog near her, while making signal to her friends where she was. However before that could go too far, the flute started to play again, and suddenly she wasn't thinking too clearly. It was like the fog around her seeped into her mind as all she thought was "I found him." Thea made no moves to be combat ready, didn't seem to try to stop him as she couldn't help but follow the fog in her mind slowing her movements and making the reactions she wanted to do, impossible.

The flute player had begun leading Thea away from the initial chaos that was happening, further from the Town Hall and farther to the edge of town. The fog finally lessened around the two boys once the flute player and Thea were far enough away, showing them where their comrade was heading off to. The other adults were lost in the fog, trying to find their way out and figure out what was going on. The flute player seemed to be floating on the fog, moving backwards to the thick tree line while drifting to and fro in front of Thea, making sure she followed along.

Village in Peril- Conrad, Everette, Samuel

[​IMG]

Renza popped her head out of her cottage door when Everette called out to her. She had a wooden plate with three pieces of bread on it, recently warmed up and with honey slathered on each piece. "Oh! I can go with you. Sorry it took me so long. Here, one moment." She disappeared back into her house, only to reappear again with each piece of bread wrapped loosely in three separate cloths. "Here you go! And I'll tag along if you don't mind. The chief doesn't like me to spend the night all by myself here. Not until I get older anyways."

[​IMG]

Samuel was finished packing up the last of his equipment, placing a couple of lids over the water samples with poison and magic found in the well. He slipped his bag over his shoulders and accepted the bread from Renza with a smile. "Thanks... It smells really good, Renza. You're free to tag along with us if you want." With that, Samuel led the way back to the Town Hall.

[​IMG]
    Chief Yolvun was sitting on the steps of the Town Hall, catching his breath and dabbing at his forehead. He looked more worn than earlier, and the splotchy rash was creeping up from under his shirt collar to just under his jawline. He looked up when he saw the young mages coming back and stood to his feet. "Welcome back," he greeted with a forced smile, a little out of breath. "Tell me you found something..."

Samuel looked back to his friends and then to the Chief Yolvun. "We tested the water supply for the rain water and the well... We found that there's a trace of poison and magic within the main source of water."

The chief's eyes widened. "
    Poison?!"

"
    That's right... Which means something or someone is affecting the river water... Chief Yolvun, have you had any quarrels or contentions with anyone lately?"

"
    N-no!" The man was genuinely shocked as he rubbed his forehead, pacing back and forth. "We've lived in peace for many years! We always helped out weary travelers and supplied the less fortunate with provisions and gave them a place to stay." He stopped pacing, his face full of perplexity. "I don't understand. Who would want to harm my people?!"

Samuel was taken aback by the man's sudden panic and moved closer to him. "I don't know... But that's why we're here." He hesitantly placed a hand on the other man's shoulder, patting it in comfort. "We're going to find out what's going on, and we're going to do our best to make sure everyone is safe again."

The chief looked at the young man for a moment and then sighed out. "
    Alright... Alright..." He shook his head and then looked up to the sky. "It is getting late. And you need a place to stay I imagine..." He pointed over to a building with a shaky hand. "That's our inn over there. No one is really running it right now I'm afraid..."

"
    I'll take care of them!" Renza volunteered while raising her hand in the air. "If that's okay..."

Chief Yolvun chuckled and patted Renza on the head while kneeling down to her level. "
    My dear child, you've already done so much for today."

"
    I'm okay," Renza declared. "Really! I don't have much to do."

Chief Yolvun smiled and ruffled Renza's hair and stood up slowly, groaning as his muscles ached him. "I
    f you are okay with Renza sticking around with you longer, I don't mind. Do you have any more questions for me...?"

Delivery of Cakes- Shawn, Yukyo, Lakoda

"Right here."

[​IMG]
    A wave of shadows suddenly appeared on the other side of the wagon, smirking as he grabbed the brim of his hat and tilted it to the group. "Mmm... not the type of mages I pictured that would be entrusted to delivering the artifact, You're all just children." The parrot-humanoid-bird thing landed on the other side of the wagon to make sure that nobody would try anything funny. The small group was completely surrounded, save for the very back of the wagon.

[​IMG]

The young man pressed the knife closer to Lakoda's throat, which made her wince and glare ahead. She wasn't liking being held hostage too much. "My bad, I forgot to introduce ourselves," the young man mocked. He then chuckled and adjusted his fingers on the handle of the knife. "I'm Reuben, the one with the weird top hat is Lytton, and the big bird over there is Jy."

[​IMG]
    "We're all from Hydra's Claw, CAW-CAW!"

[​IMG]

"
    A powerful dark guild... And you have something we want." Lytton pointed to the wagon. "When we saw it was mages delivering the goods today, we knew the old lady was finally sending out the relic. So hand it over," he nodded over his head to where Lakoda and Reuben were. "And we'll let the girl go."

[​IMG]

Lakoda waited patiently for the three to get done boasting. For members of the dark guild, they were sure overconfident. Lakoda looked to Shawn and winked to him before her headphones suddenly glowed green. She lipped something and then pushed her hand under the guy's arm, making a Sound Pulse
    erupt from the palm of her hand. The knife was thrown out of the guy's hand and embedded itself in the wood of the wagon.

"
    What the-?!" Before Reuben had time to react, Lakoda turned around and shoved the young man back hard with another Sound Pulse, sending him flying towards the river. "MOVE!" she commanded to the boys, quickly making a purplish magic circle in front of her as it let out another Sonic Scream towards Jy. The bird squawked loudly, suddenly overcome by the loud
    screeching as it confused him and made some feathers fly off of him. Lakoda dropped her hands and started to make a run back to the wagons. "We need to get out of here, now!"

Shadows suddenly lunged out towards to the wagon, Lytton becoming desperate. "
    You're not going to get away from us!"

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  2. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

Gavin 4 banner.png

At one point he did not know where Zephyr was and the next moment Zephyr had ran past him. Zephyr then said 'I'm going on ahead after them.' He was still standing by the for the moment and she had not moved. He was about to say something when Thea said, 'I'm going to cut him off.' "Wait what?" It was to late tho as Thea had run off. So much for a plan. He sighed and went after her having not much of a choice. He moved off to the side, running after Thea and past the guards. A melody like a lullaby began to play from the flute. Luckily he had not been that far behind Thea when she ran off so it would not be that hard to keep up with her. Soon he saw a flame in the not that far off and he was just able to make out Thea. He made his way towards her. He did not have a clue as to where Zephyr was but once he knew where they were headed he could make a plan to find Zephyr after. The flute started to play again which met the flute player was not to far off. This was one of the reasons he did not want to bring Thea. At some point he reached the edge of town. The fog finally lessened somewhat and he was able to see more. One of his first thoughts was that this might be some sort of trap. The other thing that came to mind was if this fog was magic then this flute player used a lot of it. He could just make out Thea and the flute player. He could also just make out a thick tree line. He still did not know where Zephyr was hopefully he saw the flames or somehow found his way here. He walked towards the two with and in his one hand he had something small and silver in color ready to use if he had to.

3. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    As determined as Thea was not to fall to the power of the flute, she couldn't seem to shake off the effect that it was having on her mind. Her flame dimmed quickly after the sound took over and she found herself simply following rather closely to the person who was floating in front of her. "Where are we going?" She managed to ask quietly as she moved along, not quite sure where they were going or why, but feeling compelled to follow anyways, even as they started into the tree line and away from town.
    [​IMG]
    Renza had come out with snack, and then returned to the house wrapping them in cloth and bringing them back out again, offering it to them before commenting that she would tag along with them heading back. "Thank you very much Renza, that is very kind of you. Of course we don't mind you coming along." He told her, even going as far as to offer his hand if she wanted to walk back with him. When they returned they were greeted by the chief who, of course was asking about answers, which Samuel provided. "We are planning to go up stream tomorrow morning, investigate where the starting point of the poison might be. From there we will work on a solution." Everette assured the man with a half hearted smile, just trying to be at least slightly reassuring.

The Chief offered them a place to stay and Renza offered to take care of them. While the Chief seemed hesitant, she wanted to go and Everette saw no problem with that.
    "It is fine if she wants to come with us. I don't mind. It might be good for her too. Tho Renza," Everette knelt down to look at her. "I think we can take care of ourselves tonight, we brought some of our own supplies, so why don't you just come and hang out with us for fun, don't feel like you have to go out of your way for us." Everette suggested. It hurt him to see a child having to go through so much and he was just trying to help make things easier for her where he could.

4. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]
    For someone who has been running non stop this whole time, Zephyr was seemingly doing a good job in keeping pace with the flutist. It was difficult to tell for certain with the mass amount of fog that was obstructing his vision. The flute still reached his ears which was Zephyr's indication that he was going the right way, but during his run, he spotted a faint light in the distance. It looked like it was a flame. When the realization had hit him, the fog opened enough for Zephyr to once again see the flutist walking off, this time with Thea in tow. There was no hiding the shocked expression on his face as he called out to her. "Thea wait!" Zephyr felt himself running at a faster pace upon seeing Thea walking away with the flutist. He aim was still the flutist, but if he could at least get Thea away from them, then something would have come out of this.

5. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]
    The flute player could hear the fear on Thea’s voice and for a moment, it seems like the flutist’s features softened. They motioned with their head that they were going farther into the tree line behind them, and led Thea more into the wooded area. As soon as the town noises seemed to be muffled by the thickets, the flutist’s feet touched solid ground. The flute was lowered and they raised their hands up in the air. “I mean you no harm,” they said to Thea in a calm, gentle voice. The spell was broken on her, and she was free to move according to her own will. They then looked over the girl’s shoulder, seeing her friends were not far behind. “Your companions are here,” they said, pointing to the boys heading their way.

They stood there calmly with their hands up still, their features obscured by the hood. “
    I’m the one known as Necos... That’s not my real name though.” They took in a deep breath, looking to Thea. “You were in terrible danger back there. I was here to save someone else, but you needed to be saved first. There’s something evil going on in this town, something I uncovered while I was here on another errand... and it involves the children and young ones like you.”

They looked up to the boys approaching, yet the flutist stood their ground and kept their hands up. “
    When I heard that mages from an official guild were here, I had to find a way to talk to you in private, away from the ears and eyes of the townsfolk. I wasn’t expecting it to turn out this way... I’m sorry I had to do that.” They paused a moment and then continued to speak. “I don’t know how to make you believe me. But the children I took are all safe. I can take you to them, only if you promise not to turn me in or show the mayor or anyone else in town where the children are. I want to keep them safe. I don’t want anything I’ve done so far to be in vain. I want to trust you, and I want to show you what’s been going on in the shadows of this place. It’s not good... I tried to get the attention of the Magic Council on the manner, but they turned a blind eye. Please, we need your help. I don’t know how much longer I can do this alone...

6. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]

As they decided to go talk to the chief, Renza popped out of the house with some bread for them. She apologised for taking so long, before heading back inside and wrapping the bread in small pieces of cloth. Conrad took his piece and smiled. "Thank you Renza. And of course you can come along." Conrad said, not in the least because she added that the chief didn't want her to be alone at night. He took a bite of his warm honeyed bread. "This is very nice Renza." Conrad said as he followed the others to the chief, nibling on the bread as he did.

Conrad listened to the exchange between the Chief, Samuel, Everette and Renza. "
    Renza is welcome to stay around, but as Everette said we brought our own supplies, she doesn't have to look after us but she can stay around." Conrad said before thinking if they had any more questions. "Has anyone been to the river since all this started?" Conrad asked Everette and Samuel already assured the chief more than enough. The chief did seem to be in a bad shape right now, was his condition getting worse? He looked the chieftain over to see if it was getting worse. "And how large is the stock of rain water? Is there enough to use solely rain water for atleast a day maybe more than that until we figure out what is causing all this?" Conrad asked as well, to prevent the situation from getting worse the well should be avoided, but if they had no choice then there was a problem, perhaps they could get water from the surrounding farms, which would strain the already limited manpower available in the village.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  7. Maka Albarn It's called love

We went out after the storm that struck us a few weeks ago,” the chief explained, “but none of us had really the strength or energy to go check with the condition of the river since this outbreak happened. The water was only polluted with extra run off from the mountains, branches, trees, and the likes. But after we cleared that out, it was just fine...” He rubbed the back of his neck. “The rain water should last us at least a week if we use it sparingly... plus the rainy season is not yet over. We might have more rainstorms soon...

To be on the safe-side, no one should touch the well water,” Samuel said.

Yes, you’re right.” The Chief looked back to the Town Hall. “I’ll go let our healers know and spread the word. You should all get your rest.” Yolvun took each of their hands and shook it, he felt somewhat clammy. “Thank you all so much for your help.”

Samuel observed the condition of the chief with a trained eye. Sadly, Samuel wasn’t going to interviene unless it was dire. With the possibility of the illness being related to poison, there was no way Samuel was going to completely heal everyone until he had the antidote from the source of the poison. So he was going to save his energy until then. “
    It’s our pleasure to help out.

I will be on my way then. If you need anything, let me know. I should be hanging around here or my hut, which is right there,” he said, pointing to a humble looking cottage not too far away. “Have a good night.” He bowed to the boys and then ducked back inside the Town Hall to began to spread the news about not using the well water.

Renza quietly waited for the conversations to be somewhat over before she spoke up. “
    Okay, but it’s fun to help. Really! I’ve been kinda lonely and I love to give a hand. Can I help make the dinner, pleaaaaase???” She looked up at Everette and Conrad with big, round eyes, puckering her lips out playfully.

8. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]

The Chief was going to warn the people in the village to not use the well water and they had enough of a supply to last them a week if it was necessary. Conrad hoped that the chief was right in the fact that there could still be more rain coming in. Conrad shook the clammy hand of the chief looking him in the eyes. He definitely seemed to be doing worse right now. The river was only polluted with branches and more run off from the mountains. But they hadn't checked since then, but they didn't have anyone left for it since this outbreak, the situation was bad but there were a few hopeful lights in all this. They atleast had rain water for a while and they still had leads to investigate. "Not a problem, Chief Yolvun, we're glad we can help." Conrad added. He had been worried that they couldn't help at all but it slowly but surely seemed like they could.

"
    Have a good night Chief. We'll inform you if we find anything." Conrad told the chief as he left only to hear Renza speak up telling both him and Everette she wanted to help anyways because it was fun even if it was just helping with dinner right now. He looked at her big pleading eyes and he couldn't surpress a broad smile. "Of course you can help. Come on let's get to the inn so we can work on dinner." Conrad said as he held out his hand to Renza to walk with him to the inn. The others would follow sooner or later, that they got started on dinner already would only mean less waiting for them.

9. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Thea was rather confused but at least the man didn't seem to want to harm her, even allowing Zephyr and Gavin to slowly catch up even if he took the time to talk with her first before he got there. "What sort of danger? What sort of evil? They said you were taking their children and they were just trying to keep them safe. I don't understand. I do want to see the other kids, I need to know that they are alright. And if you are telling the truth we need to help the others." Thea tried to ask and figure out a bunch of things at once. Necos wasn't making much sense in her mind, and that was perhaps because Thea was tired and her mind tended to jump from place to place. "I am not in danger anyways. I can handle myself. I am a powerful mage, see!" Thea summoned a little bit of fire to her hand before looking back to Gavin and Zephyr arriving. "Guys... I think you should hear this. I don't quite get it, but maybe you can make more sense of it."

[​IMG]
    "Alright good night Chief Yolvun. We will continue our search tomorrow. Thank you for your help." With that Everette turned to follow the other two towards the Inn. While Everette felt tired and ready for bed himself, there was a lot on his mind about everything that was going on, and the state of the town. Sure being S-class he had been through a lot of towns and seen a lot of different situations, but the longer he spent with Renza the more he wanted to get this sorted out and quickly. The girl reminded him a little bit of Thea, all the energy and positive attitude despite their circumstances. For Thea, there wasn't much he could do to chance things, but for Renza, they could get this dealt with. Looking at the writing on his hand, Everette cursed quietly to himself, he hated his memory problem and he just studied the note he had written to himself which was already starting to smudge. "This is important. There is no way I will forget about it." He tried to tell himself quietly, as they reached the inn.

Heading to the kitchen he unpacked some of the food and grabbed a knife to cut some vegetables.
    "Renza do you want to peel the potatoes, and Conrad start on the meat?" Everette asked. Everette decided that he couldn't be trusted with anything that could burn, he had learned that rather quickly when learning how to cook. Way too often did he forget to check the stuff on the stove and it burned, at least with chopping things it was repetitive enough that he could handle it.

10. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]

Yukyo put up his guard as another person had arrived. He tried to assess the situation and try to figure out a plan in his plan. However, it had seemed Lakoda had a plan of her own. Yukyo immediately cover his ears as she sent out a Sound Pulse. "Well that was something." Yukyo uncovered his ears as Lakoda told the two to start running. Yukyo looked over at the two others that were still reovering from Lakoda's attack. An idea had immediately sprang to his mind. "Get the carriage going without me!! I have a plan!" Yukyo ran over to the two other boys. "Now I don't what exactly it is you're looking for but I can assure it's not with us. Though that doesn't excuse you two for hurting a lady." His form had started to change. The young man had now turned into a gorilla. He knocked back Lytton and Reuben away even more further than where they were with his arm. As they hit the ground, Yukyo jumped up and turned back into his previous form. He picked up the sword scabbard and went up to Jy. "Naughty birds like you should learn some manners!" He swung it at Jy and immediately headed toward the ground. As he reached the ground, he had turned into a cheetah and ran to the carriage.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  11. Swordsman_John Merlin's Housekeeper

Shawn Galewind 3.png
    With these people distracted he disappeared into the wagon, so that the people would not see what he was doing. He grabbed an empty box fill it with some rocks in the wagon and tied it with a ribbon like madam madeleine had done, then he came out with the box. "Now I don't what exactly it is you're looking for but I can assure it's not with us."Yukyo had said. "Its this box see how its highly decorated, now if you guys want it i suggest you let us go or I'll destroy it", pointing the edge of his sword towards the box, as soon as both Yukyo and Lakoda were on the wagon he throw the box into the river and send a sandstorm behind them. ( assume this is done (if we need to)as soon as you guys are on the wagon and wagon is moving) He wasn't surprised a powerful dark guild, wanted some sort of artifact, he also wouldn't be surprised if an artifact was in one of the boxes but there had to be a reason for all of this. The mission was to weird from the beginning just to be about delivering cakes. He watched as both Yukyo and Lakoda were running towards the wagon.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  12. Maka Albarn It's called love

Renza grinned from ear to ear as she took Conrad’s hand. In the short period of time she was with the mages, she had grown quite attached to them. They were like the siblings she never had. And though they were busy, they addressed her respectfully and treated her with kindness. She went along with him, going into the inn. The place was kind of dark, so Renza let go of Conrad’s hand and ran along to get the flame and candle stones going; a safer way to make light inside of homes and shelters than actual fire. Though sadly, they didn’t make much heat.

Soon the inn was lit up in the kitchen as well as in the hallways and towards the rooms. She looked over her shoulder when Everette asked her to help with the potatoes and smiled. “
    Okay! I’ll go get some water from the rain supply to scrub the potatoes!

Soon she bounded off again with a bucket, making Samuel laugh as he watched her run by. “
    I wish I had that much energy again,” he said with a smile. Samuel put himself in charge of the fire with his magic and all and grabbed some kindle and tinder to start up in the stove. “They really do live a simple life out here...” Samuel muttered to himself. “I kind of like it.” He got the fire started in the stove and then looked over to Everette. “How are you holding up?” He asked in a low, gentle voice. He knew about Everette’s memory problem, perhaps a little too well. Midarah assigned Everette to him when Everette had first arrived in the guild. Ever since then, he kept an eye on him and his well-being.

Renza came back in with a bucket of clean water, humming happily to herself as she plopped down at a table. She took out a large bowl and a laddle, scooping up some of the water in her bucket and into the dish. She went right to work washing them, sticking out her tongue slightly as she concentrated to scrub them as hard and as fast as she could to get to scrubbing them.

Delivery of Cakes- Shawn, Yukyo, Lakoda

The dark guild members were thrown back by the sudden attacks. Rueben fell in the river when Lakoda and Yukyo attacked him, Lytton ended up in a crumbled heap, and Jy being stunned barely had enough time to dodge Yukyo’s attack and got some of his feathers sliced and squawked in surprise.

Lakoda hopped in the wagon, grabbing the reins once more. When she knew Yukyo was well on his way and would catch up, and Shawn was in the carriage, she whistled shrilly and snapped the reins, getting the horses to speed off.

The dark guild members were in too much of a daze to really do much about their eacaping targets. Lakoda made the wagon race to the bridge and over the river, making a break for the road ahead to lose sight of them before they regained focus again.

13. Swordsman_John Merlin's Housekeeper

Shawn Galewind 3.png
    He was about ready to throw the box when he noticed there were not following them. Yukyo somewhere behind them running, he wasn't going to chance casting sandstorm as he planned as it would hit Yukyo. He put his sword away feeling the rush of battle starting to go away. Holding on the box for safety. "Bluff, rocks in there" he whispered. Just in case for whatever reason they could here him. "Any clue what that was about? I mean I wouldn't be surprised if there was a secret in these boxes besides not wanting to trust a dark guild. You handled your self well, I was worried about you. I didn't want a repeat of the past". More now talking to himself then her. "Why do you think madam Madeleine didn't say anything about this if it is true." He continued to keep an eye out for any more unexpected people or things to attack them. As soon as Yukyo was on the wagon he planned on somehow blocking there path so it was less likey they would be followed. Grabbing the knife from the side of the wagon. "Traceable? Probably." He then threw it far off the road hopefully it would be lost forever.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  14. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]
    The closer that Zephyr got to them, the clearer the scene before him became. The flutist had their hands up and wasn't doing anything to harm them, in fact they seemed to allowing them to catch up. Just like back at the clock tower it struck him as odd. If they really wanted to, they could have easily just left with Thea before they even got to this point. Small parts of what he was saying had reached Zephyr, namely how the children supposedly safe. Zephyr finally came to a stop upon reaching hem, fatigue catching up with him as his breathing became heavy. "I'd prefer to confirm the safety of the kids before hearing whatever he has to say."

15. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

Gavin 4 banner.png

He spotted Zephyr shortly after he got there. Once he had reached the flute player something became clear one the flute player was playing them and if he wanted to do something by now he would have done it. That said maybe this flute player was trying to get there trust. 'I’m the one known as Necos... That’s not my real name though.' He figured that much out already. 'You were in terrible danger back there. I was here to save someone else, but you needed to be saved first. There’s something evil going on in this town, something I uncovered while I was here on another errand... and it involves the children and young ones like you.' said as he spoke to Thea. This man was clearly a not job or crazy. That was when the flute player said, 'When I heard that mages from an official guild were here, I had to find a way to talk to you in private, away from the ears and eyes of the townsfolk. I wasn’t expecting it to turn out this way... I’m sorry I had to do that.' "There was a better way then what you did." If this person could not figure that out then this person was not all that bright. 'I don’t know how to make you believe me. But the children I took are all safe.' Again he was not all that surprised. 'I tried to get the attention of the Magic Council on the manner, but they turned a blind eye.' "How do we know you did any of this?" He was not about to put all of his trust into this man. Thea then said, 'What sort of danger? What sort of evil? They said you were taking their children and they were just trying to keep them safe. I don't understand. I do want to see the other kids, I need to know that they are alright. And if you are telling the truth we need to help the others.' They did come for the children that much was certain but who was the bad guy here? Zephyr then said, 'I'd prefer to confirm the safety of the kids before hearing whatever he has to say.' "This could very well be a trap", he said to Zephyr. Things did not added up just yet. There were other things he wanted to say but he did not want the flute player to here. He tried to give Zephyr a look saying he wanted to talk without the flute player hearing.

16. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]
    Seeing they were not getting anywhere with this small group, Necos sighed out. Without another word, they reached up to their hood and pulled it away from their head, revealing their face from the shadows.

[​IMG]
    It was a girl with short hair and haunting reddish, purple eyes. She looked to be around Gavin's and Zephyr's age, maybe slightly younger. "My real name is Izra. I'm an independent mage, looking for odd jobs while trying to figure out what guild I want to join. And then I ended up in this mess. If I would have come out in the opening like a normal person in Murgate, you would have been killed," she said bluntly. "Or others would have been killed. Probably children I hadn't saved too. We're wasting time here. I'll give her my flute if you need some sense of control," she said, gesturing to Thea and then held out her flute to her while looking at the young men.
    "
    I'm putting my life and others on the line putting my trust in you. I hope I didn't make a mistake... We really need your help... Please. As soon as I show you that the kids I took are alright, I'll explain everything more. We're running out of time."

17. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]
    "Trap or not, if he's telling the truth and the kids are safe then we should confirm it with our own eyes. If its a trap then," He paused, cutting a glance towards Necos. "We'll cross that bridge when we get to it." Zephyr noticed the looked that Gavin had sent him and merely shrugged. He had no problems in talking in private, but didn't really see a need for it.

While Zephyr was saying this, Neco had taken off his, or rather her hood. Standing before them now was a girl, a cute one at that, which made Zephyr feel weird about the fact that he was fully ready to tackle her at one point. He was certainly relieved that he didn't go through with it. The brief run down she'd given them had but some things in perspective and nodded. "Alright, I'll trust you to lead us to the children." Trust, he wasn't truly fond of that word. Not because what it meant, but the burden it could bring and the price that burden could have.

18. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

Gavin 4 banner.png

While he stood there and waited for Zephyr to say something Necos took off there hood. It was a girl with short hair and haunting reddish, purple eyes. She looked to be youngish. to say he was surprised was a understatement. Everything pointed to Necos being a guy. 'My real name is Izra. I'm an independent mage, looking for odd jobs while trying to figure out what guild I want to join.' This was all interesting. That was when izra said, 'If I would have come out in the opening like a normal person in Murgate, you would have been killed.' "I am not so sure about that." That said at some point he was sure that they would find out what she was talking about. 'Or others would have been killed. Probably children I hadn't saved too.' He was somewhat interested in finding out more. That said, it was better to find the children right now. 'We're wasting time here. I'll give her my flute if you need some sense of control.' At this he gave Thea nod saying to do what she wished, weather that be taking the flute or not was up to her. Soon Zephyr said, 'Trap or not, if they telling the truth and the kids are safe then we should confirm it with our own eyes.' He was more so stating the possibility of it, not that they should not go. "Once we find out about the children we can talk more." With that he was ready to move on.

19. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]

"Perhaps you would have more energy if you stopped sleeping at your desk." Everette retorted as he turned to look at Samuel, flexing his hand and clenching it, so the writing on his hand was covered."I am fine, I am just scared that if I wait for anything too long I am going to forget. I already can't really remember how we are supposed to get to the river, I know we have to go there and was told where to go but I don't know how. We can't afford to be wasting time this mission, not with so many people sick." He sighed before going back to what he was doing. "How about you, are you okay, you have been working a lot. Are you holding up okay?"

[​IMG]
    Taking the flute from the girl, Thea looked up to the girl and thought for a moment. "I think that we should trust her. Of course see the kids, but the mayor was giving me creepy vibes. And isn't it strange how protective the girl was? She kept looking over my shoulder and not letting me do stuff." Thea went off about her thoughts though she knew her reasoning wasn't really solid it was just a thought that she had. Either way both Zephyr and Gavin wanted to see the kids first so that seemed like the direction that they were going to go.

20. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]

Conrad smiled as Renza took his hand and walked with him to the Inn, Everette and Samuel in tow behind him. When they got inside Renza got some light into the place and Everette gave both him and Renza a task and Renza happily went to work on her given task, going to get water. "Will do." Conrad said as he too headed for the kitchen, they could make a simple stew tonight, with Everette cutting the vegetables and Renza working on the potatoes Conrad started working on the meat as assigned first tenderized the meat before starting the careful process of browning it. When he was done he put the meat on a plate he was borrowing from the inn and set it aside.

Everette seemed a little stingy when Samuel said he wished he had more energy, Conrad listened along as he took the cut vegetables and went to go get some rain water for the stew. He filled up a kettle with the water and tossed in the vegetables to slowly start the stew. Then started cutting up the browned meat. As he did he thought about what Everette said he could understand there would be a frustration from something he couldn't help especially when the issue Samuel was having could be combatted to some extend but even then Samuel lead quite the busy life. Conrad himself had spent quite a few nights having fallen asleep at his desk, less often now but when he was begining to learn sign language he had fallen asleep in the midst of it, in combination with not wanting to sleep because of the nightmares he stayed awake a lot more, ending up falling asleep at his desk a few times he was woken up in the middle of the night by Lakoda knocking on his door, but most times he would wake up in the morning all stiff.

As he put the vegetables in the kettle he started to cut up the meat into small chunks. "
    Everette you're not alone here, I understand it's frustrating to forget things, but we're a team here. It's okay if you forget things we got you covered. And yes we are under time pressure but now that we have a solid lead and an actual source we do have a little bit of breathing room. Don't get me wrong I'd like to see this sorted as fast as possible too, but we too have our limits. We'll get going early in the morning." Conrad said from the kitchen keeping an eye on the vegetables in the kettle, ready to add in the potatoes when Renza was done with them, he looked at her as she was hard at work peeling the potatoes and smiled at the sight of the girl with her tongue stuck out slightly.