Anime/Manga: Divine❃Rose

Discussion in 'Role-Playing Arena' started by Maka Albarn, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Swordsman_John Merlin's Housekeeper

Shawn Galewind 3.png

The old lady said "This family has a long line of powerful mages, yet neither the father or mother has been blessed with these gifts. But I sense something is special with this child. Call it a grandmother's intuition." He knew it, if this child was indeed magic then there would be trouble, from what he learned from his past is that someone will not understand it. He drew a carbon copy of the map on a piece of paper folded it and put it in his pocket. Still looking at the map on the table he had to ask some questions. " Garriot Forest, and Wyseful Bridge near the Renifel River, is there things there, dangers perhaps that we should know of, also do you have some rope and a compass, and is this the only way to this Manor?" He had a thought that if this bridge was in disrepair they would need the rope, as for the compass, that was more or less to make sure they didn't get lost.

2. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

Gavin 4 banner.png

Maliel came up to them and said, 'That's the town hall. It's been converted into a school of sorts, yes. But mostly to keep the children safe from the flute player.' Something did not make sence, at most it was round a month or so, that the flute player has been taking children. This was not nearly long enough to build a high stone wall about thirty feet high that blocked the view of the courtyard. That said it was possible. "So typically stone walls are not built around a town hall courtyard, so how was this done so quickly?" He was more curious more then anything else. Maliel continued, 'he chooses his targets randomly, and so we placed them all in a well guarded area to keep track of everyone. It seems like the enchantment he uses only hypnotizes children twelve years old and under. So far we haven't had any losses the last two weeks, but we still hear the flute at night.' "Well it seems he uses the enchanted flute with the power of music and or sound to take control of the children and move them somewhere else." He just had not figured out why yet. That was when a idea came into his head. "Do any of the children have magic?"

That was when Thea and Zephyr had the idea of the children coming out in the day. When the age range came into play, he knew bringing Thea was not a good idea. Having all the children in one place made some sense but it just made this place a target. "Out in the day or at night it does not matter both ways they are a target for the flute player. What is important is that the children are safe."

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  3. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]

Everette knelt beside him to get on the same level as the little girl who introduced herself as Renza, she mentioned it smelled inside the large hall, no surprise to be honest. As the older man appeared from the large building Conrad stood back up. When the little girl left, Conrad smiled back and like Everette told her it was nice to meet her and waved before turning to the Chieftain. When Samuel introduced him, Conrad bowed although he didn't believe it was necessary at all. The plague had been going on for while and then a storm swooping in that was really unfortunate. Samuel hadn't heard him earlier it seemed and it was fine as now the Chief was here and with Everette asking the most pressing questions Conrad was thinkin, they had a most unusual case at their hands here as it seemed the girl and the Chief were perfectly fine even when helping the victims. "Did anything out of the ordinary happen prior to the disease breaking out? As Everette pointed out it seems unusual you and Renza aren't sick so we got to keep all options open as to what this might be." Even out here a plague ought to follow the general principles of an outbreak.

4. Maka Albarn It's called love

Delivery of Cakes- Shawn, Yukyo, Lakoda

[​IMG]

The old lady chortled at Shawn's request for a compass and a rope. "Deary, the only dangerous things on this journey will be the little rocks that will bump the horse and cart, and the occasional small mosquitoes." She patted Shawn on the head with a giggle. "But I will give you a compass if you so desire and a road. The roads are well kept, and the signs will lead the way if you happen to stray off the road for some odd happenstance." She smiled and then thought for a moment. "There has been some rumors of some ruffians about on the roads, causing some merchants trouble here and there... Though I am not sure what happened to them or if they are still there. But hopefully they shouldn't cause you problems." She then looked to Yukyo and grinned. "The only thing I ask of all of you is to make sure the cakes and goodies arrive safely. Not one morsel missing, or frosting licked, or cakes ruined. Lady Erin will have very important guests at this baby shower celebration, and they will judge her harshly if the desserts are ruined... Which is the last thing I want for her since she has already been through so much." She sighed out and then pulled out a basket with drinks in them, loafs of bread, fruits, biscuits, butter, and jam. "Should you become famish on your journey, I have made you a basket of goodies to eat from. I will provide your actual rewards once I receive word the goodies have arrived safely to their destinations."

[​IMG]
    Lakoda thought that was fair and nodded her head. It sounded like an easy enough job. The ruffians that Madam Madeleine mentioned were concerning, but she was sure her and the others would be able to handle them well. She finished off her cookie while the others talked since she didn't have much to say and then brushed off her hands. "Thank you so much, this is very generous of you," her charm sounded out while she was smiling and tilting her head. "Well, should we be on our way then? Or do you have more questions?" she asked the boys. Although Madam Madeleine's requests and explanations were straightforward, she wanted to make sure everyone else was on the same page.

Village in Peril- Conrad, Everette, Samuel

[​IMG]

"
    Actually..." Cheif Yolvun pulled down the collar of his robe, showing the group a splotchy, red rash all around his neck and disappeared down his shirt. "I developed the rash just yesterday... But I have been working with the sick since this illness has broken out."

[​IMG]
    Samuel pulled his glasses down from his eyes a bit to look over the rims as he examined the rash more closely. It seemed to almost be acne like, like small ants had bit him and some of the rash bumps looked white and irritated. It was almost like the chicken pox, but he knew that wasn't it. Whatever this was, it looked painful.

Chief Yolvun let his collar fall back in place. "As for other sources than it being airborne or on contact, we collect rain water for drinking, and use our well water for large tasks such as laundry, cooking, and bathing. There hadn't been large reactions when people bathe or cook with the water... At least as far as I know. The animals we eat seem to be fine, they are kept outside of town though, save for the horses, some goats, and chickens. We also grow crops, and we have a sort of plant that we drink water from as well, but we've been using that for years..."

Samuel scratched his chin as he considered what was said. He looked to the well, wondering that if it was the water, why wouldn't the whole town be dead by now? Or infected for that matter. He creased his eyebrows while thinking, and then looked to the rest of his group and the chief. "
    I'll have to have a place to study in between healing others. Everette is right. I can heal as much as I want, but no one will be completely cured until we find the source to this. I don't know if it's a bacteria, a virus, or some kind of contamination, or maybe something else entirely we haven't thought of. The most I can heal is five at a time in three hours, then I'll need a break in between to save my strength to heal some more." He then gestured to the building. "Being in there up close to the worst cases is my best bet in this situation to find out what's going on."

Chief Yolvun raised an eyebrow. "I can certainly arrange a place for you to study if you wish, but you would stay in there? It's rather... bleak."

"I'm sure of it," he said as he pushed his glasses up his nose. "It's probably going to be one of the only ways I can figure out what's happening exactly and where I'll be the most useful. I need some help though. I need to know what everyone uses everyday; what plants they eat, how much and what kind of water they use whether it's the rain, the plant, or the well, and we need to check on the animals and how they're doing as well... What do you think, Everette...?"

A Price Unpaid- Gavin, Zephyr, Thea

[​IMG]
    The group wasn't following like Maliel suggested and was instead asking more questions. She figured that outsiders would be naturally curious, but she wasn't comfortable sticking around here with the mayor waiting on them. "We don't want to risk it," she said softly to answer Thea and Zephyr's question. "We already lost at least ten children and have maybe around forty to forty-five... The flute player already had seen what our village looked like while getting rid of the rats and mice that infested us. This is the safest place." She then looked confused at Gavin and fiddled with her hands nervously behind her back. "We always had this wall around the town hall... We're out far away from any help close by, so this was built in the beginning of our establishment to keep everyone safe... None of the children in there have magic." She then cleared her throat and gestured for the group to follow. "Come along then, we don't want to keep the mayor waiting. He's expecting you.

[​IMG]
    Maliel led the group along through the village, up a few hills and passed a few houses. The town was eerily quiet without the children running around. Many shutters of windows were closed when the group passed by, or adults were outside doing chores silently without looking at the group once. Finally, they arrived to a manion surrounded by an iron gate with ravens sitting around and cawing. "We're here," Maliel said softly as she approached the large doors of the mansion. She knocked on the large knocker loudly, and soon the door was opened by a butler. "Ah, Maliel, the mayor was wondering what was taking so long."

"
    My apologies," Maliel said sheepishly as she led the group inside. "We took the long way through town..." She then led the group to two oak doors, and knocked softly this time.

"Come in," a male voice replied from within.

Maliel swallowed hard and then opened the oak doors for the group to go in. In there was a room for them to step in with a bear rug on the floor, a roaring firing, and someone sitting in a chair with their hands interlaced.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    "Ah, it's good to see you here," the Mayor said with a slight grin as the group finally arrived. "I have been patiently waiting for you. I'm sure Maliel has updated you on what's happening with our children and what has plagued us of late?"

5. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]

Conrad listened and watched as the Chieftain explained he too had been infected. It looked rather unpleasant eventhough it was just a rash. It all started to point in the direction of the fact that it wasn't contagious and if it was transmitted from person to person it had a very low chance of happening which relieved Conrad a little bit. When the Chieftain explained there hadn't been any large reactions to when people used the water to cook or bathe, Conrad got thinking "Well, if you use the water in cooking you generally use boiling water right? As you might know honourable Chieftain, boiling is a fairly easy and effective way to make sure most of the harmful contents are removed, it makes sense that even if it were waterborne it would have great difficulty spreading when the water is boiled." The bathing he wasn't too sure about, perhaps it had difficulty penetrating the skin? He couldn't be sure and even then it was all speculation.

With animals being separated from people for the most part it seemed to almost entirely eliminate that vector too. He listened to the fairly quick plan of action that Samuel formulated, they had quite the task to try and figure this out, rain water seemed unlikely unless there was foul play at work where ever they collected or stored it, which wasn't impossible but they would need to have a motive for that and the Chieftain hadn't mentioned anything unusual happening so that at the very least seemed unlikely. "
    Well, Samuel, I don't mind giving you a hand collecting the information, although I would also be fine with having a look at the animals and perhaps where the rain water is stored. Just tell me where I am needed most." Conrad offered, he wanted to help and felt a little on the sidelines of the team, but he would do what was required of him, be it inquiring, investigating or setting up their camp. With Everette holding overall responsibility and Samuel being the expert he wasn't surprised he was a little more on the sidelines, but that didn't make him feel that much better.

6. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    The Chieftain showed them the rash that he was developing, and Everette shifted uncomfortably, looking at his companions. He couldn't believe that Samuel actually wanted to be in there to study and rest between healings. It made Everette a little uncomfortable and worried. It just meant that they had to get things done fast. Samuel could handle himself, but consistently being that close to the sick, Everette worried about something happening to his best friend. "I think you are on to a good idea Conrad, perhaps we should go look at some of the common things and grab samples. I honestly don't know how much we can help with studying patience and knowing what is going on, but I think I can manage collecting stuff." Everette suggested giving Conrad a bit of an encouraging smile.

"Just point us in the right direction and we will get to work. I would like to see both the well, and the place you hold rain water, as well crops and store houses. Take small samples from there and then we can meet back and take a closer look at them perhaps. See if we can figure out what is causing this before it gets worse." Everette suggested. Perhaps he and Conrad should split up and look. Conrad after all was a reliable member of the guild and if he did run into trouble, Everette didn't think he would be too reckless about it.

[​IMG]
    They were quickly ushered to keep moving and Thea followed, still sticking pretty close to Zephyr not liking it when people gave her weird looks. She knew she was young for being in a guild, but a lot of people hid their surprise better than this. Thea could deal with it however, even if it was annoying, and was a bit relieved when Maliel announced they had arrived. The house they arrived at however didn't feel the most welcoming, and Thea was not a fan of the crows that were on the gate. Shifting a bit uncomfortably, she walked passed and waited for Maliel to gain the entrance to see the mayor.

Once inside, Thea calmed down a little bit. When the door to the office opened however she was a bit taken aback by the bear skin carpet. Thea wrinkled her nose a it as she made a point to step far around it's head, taking a place close to the fire instead. She folded her hands behind her back, calling small flames to come from the fire, just touching her fingers, but not burning them, not when she was in control of the fire.
    "Nice to meet you Mister Mayor Sir. Yes she has. It is horrible. But don't worry, us, from the Divine Rose guild will handle it no problem." As The started to get a bit excited, the flame she was playing with behind her back flared a little bit.

7. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

Gavin 4 banner.png

Maliel seemed to notice that they were not following her. She then said, 'We don't want to risk it.' He was not sure what it was but something did not seem right. Maliel then went on about already loosing at least ten children. He got the feeling that Maliel was not telling them everything. The girl was acting odd. She then said, 'We always had this wall around the town hall... We're out far away from any help close by, so this was built in the beginning of our establishment to keep everyone safe... None of the children in there have magic.' It seemed odd to always have a wall to protest them, from what? He wondered. He decided not to go into it more. Soon they had to follow Maliel once more.

Maliel led the group along through the village. Finally, they arrived to a manion surrounded by an iron gate with ravens sitting around and cawing. It was a bit ominous. Once inside it seemed warmer but he was not going to let his guard down. In there was a room for was a roaring firing, and someone sitting in a chair with their hands interlaced. The Mayor then said, 'I have been patiently waiting for you. I'm sure Maliel has updated you on what's happening with our children and what has plagued us of late?' Yes and no he somewhat figured out what was going on before he left the guild hall. He decided to be real with the mayor. "We will do what we can but I am not sure how helpful we will be. We do not know why this flute player is taking children. He must have a motive." If the children had magic it would make a bit more sense but according to Makiel they did not. "We do not even know where to start." That was when a idea came to his head it was possible but it was a chance. "How would you feel about us talking to the children? They might have clues as to what is happening and where the children might be." As far as he could think of it was the best place to start.

8. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

Zephyr nodded at the answer he was given as they resumed following behind Maliel. It was a reasonable answer given the circumstances in which they were told. Making their way through the village, the lack of children running around became more evident with how seemingly void of life everything appeared to be. Had it not been for the ravens sitting atop the mansion gates, Zephyr would've thought that it was a refreshing change in scenery.

Entering the room, they found the mayor had been waiting for them this whole time. Zephyr found himself standing by the door as he spoke to them, not out of rudeness, just what he was used to doing."What time do can the flute be heard. I know we were told at night, but do you have anything more detailed than that?" Zephyr had himself an idea, one that wasn't without its fair share of risks. Risks that would be worth it if everything went accordingly.

9. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]
    Cheif Yolvun nodded his head as he saw the group quickly formulating an idea of what to do. He was surprised how quickly and efficiently they seemed to plan things on the spot to be the most effective. "I can offer to show you around. However, if you are planning to split up to cover more ground, Renza will be able to help as well. She is young, but she is quite mature for her age. As for you, Samuel," he looked to the young man, "Uza will be able to point you to who is in the most need of healing. She is our herb specialist and has been doing her best to keep up with all of this. She will be grateful for your help."

[​IMG]
    Samuel nodded his head and looked to his friends. "You two decide how best to collect data. I'm going to go set up shop inside and start doing some of my own tests after I take care of the sickest people." He offered a smile to Everette and patted him on the shoulder. "I'll be fine. I have my healing aura to take care of me just in case. And Conrad, thank you. You have valuable information that's a great help to all of us." With that, Samuel headed to the building and took in a deep breath before heading in to the dimly lit, grim atmosphere.
    [​IMG]
    Just as soon as Samuel walked in the doors, Renza rushed out and approached the group in a hurry. She was relieved to be out of there and took in deep, heavy breaths of fresh air before she spoke. "Pardon me... Do you need anything else, Chief Yolvun, sir?" the little girl asked as she stood there expectantly while glancing at Conrad and Everette as well.

[​IMG]
    As the children explained what was it they were familiar with or not, the Mayor stroked his beard as he sat there and contemplated their words. "Some of you seem conflicted with what the job is about..." He glanced at Maliel who avoided eye contact and seemed to find interest in the floor. "The job was self-explanatory, or so I presumed," he said to Gavin as he stood and began to pace the room, staying at a distance from them. He went to his desk and pulled out a pipe and filled it with dried tobacco leaves. "However, I will humor you and repeat the job quote myself. We hired this mage by the name Necos, a mysterious fellow who kept their face hidden under their cloak, when we had a rat and mice infestation. Mind you, it has taken generations to cultivate a good crop and an excellent food storage system. When those rodents invaded, we were at a panic. Necos was not part of a guild, however, which was perhaps my first mistake in hiring him... He rid of the rats and mice with an enchanted flute as promised, but we did not have adequate pay for him... He ended up demanding more than what was agreed to. So he went away unhappily. I'm positive this is an act of revenge for not giving him the full payment he had expected for doing his job..."

[​IMG]
    It seemed only Maliel noticed the flames behind Thea's back. Not wanting to give the Mayor the wrong impression on the mages he hired, Maliel edged herself to the group stand behind Thea. Carefully, she reached her hand out and gently placed her hand on Thea's shoulder to grab her attention. She could feel how hot the flames were and was cautious as she waited for Thea to look at her. If she was to look at her, Maliel would nod her head to the flames and then shake her head quickly to silently warn her to keep it in control.
    [​IMG]
    Mayor Nudgav sighed as he walked to the fireplace and lit a match, placing it in his pipe. He was lost in thought at the moment, and didn't see what was happening in the background. He puffed it a few times until smoke came out of it, and then threw the match in the flames. "It was foolish of me to trust a rogue mage like him... And now our town is paying the ultimate price." He leaned against the fireplace and stared into the roaring light for a moment before inhaling his pipe, and then exhaling smoke gradually through his nose. "I suppose there would be no harm in speaking to the children, but I do not see the point in it... As for what time, it varies. Sometimes early in the evening, sometimes right at midnight, and sometimes during the witching hour.... There is a few things in common with each time we hear the flute... There is a strange fog that rolls into town, the flute sounds to be in one area and then suddenly in another, and the adults who seem to get too close end up becoming drowsy or fainting on the spot... The guards have to wear cotton in their ears at night. It's proven to be helpful, but not much." Mayor Nudgav set down his pipe on the mantel of the fireplace and fiddled with a golden ring with a strange green emerald on it as he went back to sit in his chair heavily. "Somehow, someway... Necos is able to lure one child or two at a time from the Town Hall each time he strikes... Perhaps you will be more clever than we have been and set a better trap for him to capture him once and for all... All we ask is for Necos to be captured, and our missing children to be returned to us safe and sound."

10. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]

Conrad took Everette's encouragement well, perhaps the darkness at the very back of his mind had been stirring. Either that or he just saw the saw the situation wrong. He smiled back to Everette. With Everette broadening the search it would seem like a good idea to split up to cover more ground more quickly. "If I take a look at the crops and their animals, which are both outside the walls and you take the storehouses, well and rain water supply, we can look into it all a bit quicker, saving precious time." Conrad said as the Chief gave the option. As Renza returned to them he smiled to the little girl who was so eager to help out in this whole mess of a situation. The water boiling thing didn't seem like such uncommon knowledge to him, but when he had come to the guild he had noticed a difference in knowledge as they didn't get as good an education as he had received, but that didn't mean that there still were many lessons for him to be learned when he had joined. "Be careful in there, Samuel." He told his comrade and then turned to Everette. "So what do you say we split or not? I'm good either way." Conrad said, he didn't particularly care who showed him the way around either, although he still felt a little wary of the Chieftain with his rash, but since it didn't seem contagious he kept all that to himself.

11. Swordsman_John Merlin's Housekeeper

Shawn Galewind 3.png

The old lady had said "Deary, the only dangerous things on this journey will be the little rocks that will bump the horse and cart, and the occasional small mosquitoes." She patted Shawn on the head with a giggle. This lady reminded him a bit of his weapon master trainer even though his master is male.
    For a moment he flashed back to a bit younger version of himself in his mind his sword he got was sitting along the wall. His master walked in to see Shawn holding a wooden sword. Right then the test dummy fell into parts on the floor bits of wood and rocks from magic and weapons training all over it. ""What am I going to tell the dummy maker this time Shawn? This is the third one this week."" his mater finished ""Tell him you accidentally dropped and dragged it or something, as long as he doesn't know about my magic we will be fine, he knows you are the top trainer of weapons around, perhaps in the world, even though I'm your only student. Or you could find out what happen to my parents even though you told me before you don't know, and not go to the dummy maker for a few days"". His master then walked over and patted and ruffled Shawn's hair with a laugh ""we will see"" his mater said. He then found himself back in the shop a bit sad for a moment missing his master. Even though his master was alive and well.
    Then the lady had said "But I will give you a compass if you so desire and a rope. The roads are well kept, and the signs will lead the way if you happen to stray off the road for some odd happenstance. There has been some rumors of some ruffians about on the roads, causing some merchants trouble here and there... Though I am not sure what happened to them or if they are still there. But hopefully they shouldn't cause you problems." That wasn't good. If these ruffians as she put it knew of the family then they were no better then the bandits that attacked his village back then. He only ask because who knew what would or could happen in this forest. Then latter she said "Which is the last thing I want for her since she has already been through so much." what did that mean? This old lady didn't even answer if there was another way to get to this place o-well. "No more questions from me".

12. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    The other guide would be Renza, that had Everette a little worried. He didn't know if he should be taking this little girl around with them, but at the same time, the fresh air might be good compared to being inside helping the sick people. Everette rubbed the back of his neck and looked at Conrad asking if they should split up. It wasn't Conrad that he worried about but he still had to take a moment to consider. Conrad made a good point on how they should split up and how it would be quicker, and that could work to their advantage, however experience had told him to never split the party.

"We will split up for now, but we meet back here in an hour, no longer. If there is still stuff to collect after that then we will talk about it then." Everette instructed before turning towards Sam.
    "That goes for you too, I want to see you out here taking a break in an hour, we will regroup and reassess then." He told the other boy before turning back to the chieftain. "Up to you who takes who." Everette shrugged letting the chief decide if Renza should stick with him or go outside the city walls with Conrad to see the cattle.

[​IMG]
    Thea listened to the man when she felt a hand on her shoulder. Looking up a little surprised she saw Maliel shake her head as a warning against her playing with the flame. Thea pouted a little bit as she let the ribbon of flame drift back into the fire place. Thea rocked on her feet getting kind of bored of the conversation but there wasn't that much she could do as she knew that part of missions were just sitting there finding out information. "So basically we need to wait until night and then I can go see if I can find where the guy is. I mean I am not an adult so I won't fall asleep right? When I find him I can send up a small flame so Zephyr and Gavin would know where to find me." Thea stated thinking her plan was genus. Never mind it was super dangerous to do but she thought it was a good idea.

13. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

Zephyr had made a mental note of the three times the mayor had mentioned and even more so the fog that was said to appear following the sounds of the flute. Perhaps his own magic would be better suited to combating the affects that the fog appeared to have on adults. He wouldn't know for certain unless he tried and he planned to do just that. It was a habit that he wouldn't he shaking anytime soon.

"Uh." That was all Zephyr said at first, surprised by what Thea's plan entailed and less that she had come up with it. "One of us should go with you then. The guards are likely older than all of us so Gavin or I might not be affected by it." As it could've looked like Zephyr wasn't all that concerned with Thea's intent on going out on her own, he just wasn't going to let her take such a risk by herself if he could help it. Worse case was by the time they got to where she had sent her flame, she had already vanished.

14. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

Gavin 4 banner.png

Gavin just looked at the mayor. The mayor then said, 'The job was self-explanatory, or so I presumed.' Well no kidding. There was more to it then simple act of revenge. Necos wanted more, people always wanted more then just revenge. He just was not sure what else this Necos wanted. That was when the mayor said, 'It was foolish of me to trust a rogue mage like him... And now our town is paying the ultimate price.' "You did what you thought was the best option at the time. No one can tell the future and if they can it is not always right." 'I suppose there would be no harm in speaking to the children, but I do not see the point in it.' He already explained why talking to the children would be helpful. They knew what was going on more so then the adults so they might be able to get information. Then something about the time it happens came up. It did not seem like they could know when Necos was coming for sure. 'There is a strange fog that rolls into town, the flute sounds to be in one area and then suddenly in another.' "sounds like some sort of weather magic is being used." He could not be sure tho.

One of the first things they had to find out was where the missing children were at. That was when Thea said, 'So basically we need to wait until night and then I can go see if I can find where the guy is. I mean I am not an adult so I won't fall asleep right? When I find him I can send up a small flame so Zephyr and Gavin would know where to find me.' It was not a good idea but it was also not a bad one. It was better then using a random child but that did not mean he had to like it. "What happens when you fall under the spell of the enchanted flute and cant control your self?" That was when Zephyr said, 'One of us should go with you then. The guards are likely older than all of us so Gavin or I might not be affected by it.' He was not all that worried about the flute. "The flute uses sound and travels through the air to take control of a children or makes people fall asleep. So in theory I might be able to use my magic and stop the flute magic reaching us." He had no clue if it would at all Then there was the fact that he did not like using his magic unless he had to. There was another option but he rather not do it.

15. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]
    The boy named Samuel waved to his superior as if to acknowledge the allotted time. Chief Yolvun watched as the first mage disappeared and then looked to the others who were left. "I would like Renza to go with you, Conrad. It'll be good for her to get away from all of this gloom and doom for a while, and she loves animals. She knows all about them and the farmers know her well..." The man ruffled the girl's hair, who giggled and try to playfully duck away from it. "If it's alright with you that is. If not, I can arrange for something else. As for myself, I would personally like to inspect our water sources with you, Everette. Maybe there's something we haven't seen or that we missed the first time we checked it out."

[​IMG]
    "The curse of the sound of the flute seems to affect all above the age of twelve years old," the Mayor corrected. "At least a drowsiness of sorts comes over them. As for the children ages twelve and under, they are hypnotized by the flute's magic and have no choice but to follow it. At least that's what has been observed. The fog seems to not have magical properties, save that it disorients everyone to know exactly where Necos is located, and the children brought under the spell seem to disappear from our grasp..." He puffed out his pipe and then had a seat in his fancy chair, crossing one leg over the other. "It seems as if you will come up with a plan." He picked up a small bell that was sitting on an end table and rung it.

[​IMG]
    Not long afterwards, a young man walked in through the door and stood to the side of the group. He bowed while placing his hand over his chest. "Yes, Mayor Nudgav."

"This is one of my butlers, Kyo. He will escort you to where you will be staying. He can also take you to the children within the city hall if you are still set on to interview and speak to them before nightfall. After the sun sets, the city hall will be locked up tight for the night until sunrise..."

Kyo looked a few years older than Maliel, but not by much. He nodded his head. "Yes sir." He then looked up at the group and offered a kind smile. "Are you ready to depart then?"

16. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]

With Samuel heading inside and them agreeing that they would reconvene in an hour to see what they discovered and where to allocate their resources next. Everette seemingly didn't care too much about who went with him either and so they left it to Chief Yolvun to decide. The chief wanted Renza to go with him to get away from all this. It hadn't been this bad since the start of the outbreak, but certainly the last few days if not week must have been this gloomy and that wasn't a good place to be for anyone, child or adult. The look of the town was miserable and the small spark of fear hadn't left him yet so he too was glad to get away from this place, he knew though that he would steel himself to do what they could if it had to be done even if it meant staying here for a long time. He was kind of glad Lakoda hadn't come along with him on this mission to spare her from this miserable place although at the same time her company would have been greatly appreciated.

He mentally distanced himself from that line of thought to focus on the task at hand, which was going around the farms with Renza. "
    I have no problem with it at all, Chief Yolvun." Conrad said offering a smile to the little girl that was to accompany him. "Alright, Renza, lead the way." Conrad said taking note of the time as they were to return in an hour, although he wouldn't be extremely strict with the time table as Everette most likely would want him to be. This girl was getting a sort of break of this and Conrad wasn't going to be cutting it short. They left through the same gate they had entered through earlier. He followed the little girl down the dirt road. "So Renza what farm are we going to first?" Conrad asked the little girl leading the way.

17. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    It was probably best that Renza got out of the town for a bit, and get to enjoy the farms and animals. While what they were dong was rather grim work, it didn't mean that the child had to view it that way, for her it could just be fun, it was allowed to just be fun for her. Meanwhile the Chieftain himself would go with Everette to look into the water sources. Seemed like a fair enough divide. Giving Conrad one more look he nodded to the other boy. "Good luck." He hoped at least one of them would find something, if not Everette wasn't sure what to do next, unless of course Samuel found something, which was a possibility as well, this mission was right up Sam's alley after all.

"After you, Chief Yolvun." Everette stepped aside letting the chief take the lead towards the water supplies, following pretty close behind him, looking around the town a bit as he did so. "Is there many others who have managed to avoid being sick so far? It seems that there are not many left around to help out." Trying to get a feel for just how many people were effected might prove beneficial, since they had only met Renza and Yolvun so far, and the rest of the town seemed like a ghost town, Everette assumed that most of the town was infected, but perhaps there were just as many in the town hall caring for the sick, as were actually sick. If that was the case it might not have been quite as horrible as he originally thought, still bad, but not quite as bad.

[​IMG]
    Gavin and Zephyr didn't seem sold on Thea's idea of the plan, but the Mayor confirmed that anyone that was not her age or younger would be put to sleep. He then essentially dismissed them soon after that, calling in a butler to escort them out. Thea crossed her arms as the teen boy came in to show them out and to where they would be sleeping, but that didn't stop Thea from talking as they walked. "See the flute puts you guys to sleep. But even if I am under the trance for a bit, surely they won't expect a great and powerful wizard that has come to save the town to be so young. They will be caught completely off guard. Maybe I can even get the flute from them before I signal for help. I am not some helpless child like the other kids. I have been training really hard for this. Unless you have a better idea on what to do, but I doubt you do. So lets just try." Thea tried to tell the other two boys. She wasn't a fan of how protective they were being, Thea herself didn't see a problem with it. She didn't care if Kyo, or even the mayor overheard while she was talking, there was no issue in them hearing the plans, unless they were going to try and stop her, but if they did she would prove to them why she is a wizard in Divine Rose like everyone else.

18. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]

Yukyo listened as Madam Madeleine warned the trio about the bandits they may come across on the road. She then gave them a basket of goodies for the trip ahead. "Thank you so much miss. That's very kind of you." He smiled as Madeleine gave them the basket. Yukyo then began to place the basket in the cart. "I'll start to prepare the cart. We should prepare for our journey ahead." Placing the basket in the cart with extreme care, he then turned back and spoke once more. "Is there a message you would like us to pass on to the recipient of these beautiful pastries?" Yukyo smiled as he asked Madam Madeleine.

19. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

So many technicalities and potential hindrances to his idea and yet Zephyr didn't intend to let that stop him from trying. Thea on the other hand, while her plan did make sense and had the risk been any less severe he might've let her go through with it. by no means did he doubt her abilities or what she was capable of as she was a part of their guild. "Alright we'll try it your way." Zephyr said, seemingly giving up on trying to convince Thea otherwise. "Only if you leave some sort of trail for us to follow. This Necos guy could have another trick up his sleeve other than a magic flute and if he does, three great and powerful wizards beats one." Not that he thought as himself as 'great and powerful' at all. It was merely something that he had learned from his sister as she'd made the same kind of deals with him when it came to getting him to train when he really didn't want to. She was always good at finding something that he really wanted to use against him.

20. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

Gavin 4 banner.png

The mayor started with, 'The curse of the sound of the flute seems to affect all above the age of twelve years old. At least a drowsiness of sorts comes over them.' That did not mean that magic could not help in there efforts. He already knew about the children being hypnotized which is why expressed concern for Thea. If she was hypnotized then she could not tell them where she was. There was one thing that he was not sure of and if it worked well that was good and if not then that was bad. "Does the flute effect more then one thing at once?" Soon a young man came into the room who's name was Kyo. The mayor saying that he would show them were they were staying. That was when Thea said, 'But even if I am under the trance for a bit, surely they won't expect a great and powerful wizard that has come to save the town to be so young. They will be caught completely off guard. Maybe I can even get the flute from them before I signal for help.' "You have to remember that Necos likely has some kind of magic or at least the flute does." He did not see trying to convince Thea other wise was going to work so he said nothing. "I do not see the harm in taking to the children within the city hall." Even if that only got a little information it was better then nothing.

Zephyr more or less agreed with Thea in saying that they should go with her plan. Zephyr then said, 'This Necos guy could have another trick up his sleeve other than a magic flute and if he does, three great and powerful wizards beats one.' "I don't know about being powerful." He never really thought of himself as all that powerful but, he had to have some power for people to be afraid of him when he was younger. He never used so much of his magic to know how powerful he was to begin with. Magic was a powerful weapon and it had to be used carefully. "Well if we are going with this plan at least let me use some of my magic on you before hand." Even if his magic minimized the effects by 1% it was better then nothing.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018