Anime/Manga: Divine❃Rose

Discussion in 'Role-Playing Arena' started by Maka Albarn, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]
    "Yukyo, mm? I never worked with him before. He seems alright." Lakoda smiled and hugged her sketchbook close to her. "When I can't play piano or guitar, I like to draw. But that'll have to come later... Oh look, Yukyo is here now. I'll go speak to him and see if he wants to come with us." She nodded to Shawn and then headed over to the cat-like man and made and cleared her throat, although it sounded like a weird cough without the the voice behind it. "Good morning, Yukyo," she greeted with a friendly smile. "Shawn and I were looking at the job board and we were planning to take the cake job. Shawn said you might be interested. Do you wish to come with us?"

[​IMG]
    Midarah looked up to see Everette coming over to her with the most recent job from the board. She smiled a little and took it in her hand. "Alright... I know you know the risks. Honestly, this is almost on the borderline of S-Class. I am relieved you are going on this job." She pulled out of her guild stamp, a rose with a steam and leaves, from her sleeve and pressed a glyph on the side, activating a rainbow ink to appear on the rose. She then took the paper and stamped it on there, officially giving the job the seal stamp of approval for the group to embark. "Good luck, and if you need anything, anything, please send me a message as quick as possible and I will be on my way."

[​IMG]

Village in Peril- Conrad, Everette, Samuel

[​IMG]
    Soon Samuel, Conrad, and Everette would embark on their quest. The supplies they needed were in hand, and the journey only took a day and a half. First they went by train, then by magical car, and then by horse and cart when it seemed they were getting further and further away from civilization.

It took some convincing to get a horse and cart to the Froulk Woods Village, but once they convinced the driver they weren't going to make them go near the village, he offered them a ride there. They were about a mile away from the village gates when the horse and cart stopped, and the driver looked over at the three boys. "
    This is where I stop. You boys be careful now, you hear? Everyone that goes into that village gets sick, and never come back out..."

Samuel paid the driver, and after the group gathered their items off the cart, the driver high-tailed on out of there, leaving the three boys in the dust. There was no choice but to go forward at this point...

Once the group approached the gates, there were about four guards on the ground, and two up on the high wooden gate. One saw the group approach and held up his hand to make them stop.

[​IMG]
    "Halt! This village is under quarantine due to a strange illness. No one is allowed inside!"

[​IMG]
    Samuel frowned and pushed his glasses up his nose. "We're from the Divine Rose guild. We took the job that was posted this morning." Samuel took the Job Posting from Everette's bag and held it out for the guard to see.

The guard carefully edged their way over to Sam and snatched the parchment from him, looking it over with wide eyes. "So soon? M-my apologies," the guard said as he placed his hand over his chest and bowed. "We weren't expecting anyone to take the job this quickly. Show me your guild marks, and we will let you in."

Samuel pulled up his shirt to where his Guild Mark was resting on his left hip. Once the others showed their marks, they would be let inside the gates.

"
    Thank you... Chief Yolvun is in the main hall of the village, the largest building in the village. That's where we keep our most critically ill at. H-He is not ill, but simply checking on them."

Samuel nodded his head and looked back to the other two when the gates were raised. Taking in a deep breath, Samuel pushed on with his pack on his back and walked on through. The buildings were in shambles, some missing parts of roofs or walls were crumbling. There was hardly anyone walking around save for a few here and there, but they seemed slow and disheartened. The life was literally sucked out of this place. There could be sounds of a baby crying somewhere, and a small group of people were gathered at a hut with the door wide opened, where Sam looked in time to see a blanket being put over someone's body. The boy felt his throat go dry and knew that they came at a very critical time... would they be able to help them?

He looked up to see that there was in fact one large building out of all of them, sitting close to the middle of the village where a well was at. The roof was partially falling in, and the paint was peeling off the walls, but the building mostly held together. "That's probably what the guard was talking about," Sam said in a quiet voice as if he was walking on hallowed grounds .

2. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

Gavin 4 banner.png

Once he had come over to Thea, Thea said, 'Bringing me along? You would be tagging along.' He said nothing and let Thea have her innocents. That was when Thea said, 'I can take care of myself. I am not a child. Besides I have been practicing, watch!' Thea summoned a ribbon of fire to her hand and started weaving the red flames between her finger tips, before sending it up into a small firework like explosion. He did not doubt that Thea could take care of herself but he was sure a magic flute was not something to be messed with. "I don't doubt you can take care of your self Thea", he said with a smile. It was the magic of the flute and what powers it might have that he was more worried about. It was not like anyone noticed his concerns anyways so he would just have to deal with whatever happened when it happened.

As He watched Thea something came into his mind. Magic had the power to create and destroy it was how you used it that mattered, leaving his thoughts unsaid. That was when Zephyr said, 'Besides that, why we're going with her, is to make sure nothing happens.' It did not seem like he had a choice in the mater so he said nothing. He rather not use his magic but he would to help others. He just stood by watching Thea eat waiting for the moment until they left.

3. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]

Yukyo walked back in carrying the oranges he was gifted with. Upon his arrival, Lakoda had walked up to him began conversing with him. "Good morning Yukyo!" The mute girl had smiled at Yukyo as she greeted the young man. He took off his hat and placed it over his heart. "Why good morning little miss?" He put his hat back on his head and smiled a bit as he placed his oranges on the table. Lakoda spoke up, "Shawn and I were looking at the job board and we were planning to take the cake job. Shawn said you might be interested. Do you wish to come with us?" He placed one hand on his hip and the other on under his chin. After several moments, the young man spoke up. "Hmmm....Well....How can I say no to you little lady? I'll let you in on a little secret." Yukyo leaned in and looked back and forth to make sure nobody was near the two. He cupped his hand and whispered. "Just between you and me, I have a bit of a sweet tooth." He pulled back and went to grab his oranges. He looked over to Lakoda and saw her sketchbook. "What new masterpiece have you come up with this little miss?" He smiled as he patted her head.

4. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]
    Lakoda covered her mouth and shook as if she was laughing, yet no sound came out. Yukyo was quite the character. "We wouldn't be eating any. Well, maybe we might if we buy some baked goods... But we have to deliver some cakes unharmed to a baby shower." Lakoda raised an eyebrow when Yukyo patted her head and then shrugged her shoulders. "Nothing today. I was going to sketch, but then this quest came up. I'll go tell Shawn that we're ready, and we'll head out in a few moments? Is that alright?" She then turned to the direction of Shawn and waved at the boy to come over to talk to her and the cat-man. "Yukyo is going to go with us as well. Should we head out soon? If we get started, we can be done in no time."

[​IMG]
    It wasn't long after she had released three of her guild mates to go on the mission that three more came over. "Ah, good morning to you," she greeted to the group as she took the job. She frowned a little as she saw the nature of the quest and saw who was going on this job. "Mmm... I'll allow it. But be very careful, all of you," she warned as she pulled out her guild stamp and pressed her rainbow seal of approval of a rose on the parchment. "If it seems to be too challenging, you can always pull out. Or if that is not an option, send word for me immediately. But I am pretty sure you all can handle it if you work together as a team."

[​IMG]

A Price Unpaid- Gavin, Zephyr, Thea

[​IMG]
    The journey to Murgate was tedious to say the least. The group would have had to cross a large lake by ferry, and then stop by a town who offered to give the group a ride in a carriage. As they ventured farther and farther away, the scenery was becoming dreary, humid, and creepy even. A thin fog settled over the drooping trees and made the path somewhat obscure before them. Soon, the smell of food being cooked and a smithy working in a metal shop could be heard through the carriage along with flocks of sheep, chickens, and even ducks. The carriage stopped, and the group was let out to see Murgate Village. They were dropped off in what it seemed like the market place where there were many wares and foods being sold. Everyone was bustling about, but there was something off about this place....

There were no children running about.

If the group observed carefully, there were only adults and just a few teenagers hanging about. There were no children playing in the streets, or helping their parents with various chores, or tending to the animals. It almost left a dull, lifeless touch to the busy village.
    As soon as the carriage master collected his fare, he was off, leaving Gavin, Thea, and Zephyr to their own devices. They were being stared at by the locals, many of them looking to Thea in odd curiosity. Some began talking behind their hands to each other while others gestured with their hand to the group, or just passed on by while taking a second glance at the team.

[​IMG]
    A young teen approached the group, curtsying to them in respect. "Hello, my name is Maliel," she said with a small smile. "You must be the guild coming to help us, thank you. I've been asked to bring you to our mayor when you arrived... Oh..." Maliel's eyes landed on Thea with surprise as she realized how young she seemed. She cleared her throat and then crouched down to Thea's height, smiling pleasantly. "Hi there, what's your name? How old are you?"

5. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]

They quickly agreed to a plan of action and Conrad excused himself and left for his room, quickly grabbing a few changes of simple clothes, his cobalt blue knee-length double breasted coat and the belt with his rapier. He cast one glance at the photos of his family that were on his desk before rejoining Samuel downstairs to get the supplies, all of what they needed was easily acquired and with Everette having secured permission from Master Midarah they set out. The journey itself wasn't too bad at first it was fairly comfortable between the train and magical car they made good time towards the village of Froulk Wood, however it didn't all go as smoothely as they had some difficulty trying to find a horse-drawn cart for the final trek, it took the three of them to convince the driver they didn't have to get near the village themselves to get it going. Conrad had been prepared to just walk the final part before they tried convincing this man but was fairly glad that wasn't necessary until the final mile. As Samuel paid the driver, Conrad thanked the man for his help and they went on.

When they arrived at the village gates they were stopped by the guards, saying the village was in quarantine. Samuel cleared up the situation by saying they had taken the job that was posted the day before in their Guild Hall, the guard seemed relieved that they arrived so soon and requested they showed their Guild Marks, to prevent having to lift his shirt like Samuel, Conrad had chosen a more practical place for his mark and simply showed the back of his right hand, pulling the sleeve of his coat back a little to show the entire mark and followed Samuel through the gate. Judging from the condition of the village it seemed like they waited quite a while before they asked for help. It was understandable but looking at the village he couldn't surpress the thought that they were here too late already. He looked as a few people were crowded around a hut and Conrad could only guess as to what had happened there. As Samuel mentioned the building the guard had refered to Conrad spoke up. "
    You think it's a good idea to go in there with all the sick people gathered in one place? I mean we don't know anything about this illness yet and if it's contagious walking in there is going to cut this mission short... then again we're already in the middle of it all but as you said before we left the Guild, we ought to be cautious until we know more. I'd say we talk to the Chieftain out here if possible." Conrad looked around him, listening to the baby cry one of few sounds in a village that should be a lot more lively and he shuddered, the sullen atmosphere that hung oppresively over the village scaring him a little. He really hoped they could solve this thing before it was too late, if it wasn't already.

6. Swordsman_John Merlin's Housekeeper

Shawn Galewind 3.png

Lakoda looked at him and said, "When I can't play piano or guitar, I like to draw. But that'll have to come later." Hm interesting he wondered what she drew. He then saw her talking to Yukyo saying "Nothing today. I was going to sketch, but then this quest came up. I'll go tell Shawn that we're ready, and we'll head out in a few moments? Is that alright?" So Yukyo wondered what she drew also, then some time passed and Lakoda said "Yukyo is going to go with us as well. Should we head out soon? If we get started, we can be done in no time." He figured it could be quick. "Sure we should head out, but I'm wondering why have us a guild deliver a simple cake? I mean it can't be that simple if we are really needed for it right? It must be some special cake if it was up on the request board. Perhaps I'm just over thinking this." He had written down the details of the job, before Yukyo had returned from were ever he had disappeared to, more curious now what this job would turn out to be.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  7. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Setting off on the mission, it was a long journey to their destination, but nothing Everette wasn't used to. Lengthy journey's were normal when taking on high paying missions, and the high paying missions were usually the ones that needed his attention most. S-class ranking or not, it was rare that Midarah needed him to help with one of the simpler missions, like baby sitting a pet, those were saved for the new members. Now arriving at the village at last, something didn't sit well with Everette, he didn't like the feeling of this area, how quiet it was. Just how far spread was this illness?

Approaching the gate, a guard stopped them. Samuel, surprisingly handled the talking, after just helping himself to reaching into the his bag to get the job slip.
    "You know you could have asked... or let me do it." Everette scowled over at Samuel. It wasn't that he was totally mad at the boy, he just would rather someone didn't reach into his bag. Sam did however manage to get them entrance, so it wasn't such a bad thing. Pulling down the collar of his shirt slightly more, Everette showed off his own guild mark, gaining entrance himself, following behind Conrad and Samuel into the village.

The chief was apparently taking care of the sick people, however he wasn't sick himself. He understood Conrad's concern and agreed completely, but that got Everette thinking.
    "You are probably right, we should talk to him out here. That being said, if he has been in there with all the sick people, caring for them and keeping an eye over them, but is healthy still, perhaps it isn't contagious. Do you think it is possible they are getting sick from somewhere else? We should look into that when we have time, but first lets go see if we can get the chief out here." Everette responded, looking at the building, lingering outside however trying to see who was around or if there was any way of grabbing the attention of the chief without having to enter the building.
    [​IMG]
    Thea was getting tired of the talking and the questioning whether or not she should be going on the mission, she just wanted to go. Soon enough however they were able to agree to some extent about them leaving and the mission was approved by Midarah. While their guild master didn't look the most pleased with the idea, at least she still had agreed, and that was good enough for Thea as they set off. Thea was talking for most of their journey to the town, telling stories about home. She spoke of the dress she wanted to buy with the money from the mission. Thea spoke about anything and everything that she could think to talk about until they finally arrived at their destination, only then did she quiet down.

Getting down from the carriage, Thea was already enthralled by the various smells and sounds around the market. Fresh baked bread, there was a sweet smell in the air, and she could see a vendor that seemed to be selling clothing. Thea was ready to run off and check it all out, when she suddenly noticed something. A lot of people were looking at her with rather odd expressions. Thea took a step back, hiding behind Zephyr ever so slightly.
    "Why are they all looking at me?" She asked, knowing the boy probably didn't have the answer, but this was making her uncomfortable.

A teenager approached them, ready to take them to the person they needed to meet about the mission, but even they got distracted by her. At least this girl wasn't giving her odd looks.
    "I am Thea... And... I am twelve." Thea wasn't sure she wanted to reveal her age, but she didn't think she could lie well enough to get away with being much older. "But don't think just because I am young I can't do the mission. I am just as strong as anyone else in the guild.... well except the S-class and Master Midarah. But no one is as strong as them." Thea pointed out thinking the girl was only asking because she doubted her ability.

8. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

For most of the carriage ride Zephyr had been looking out of the carriage window watching everything go pass them. Which is why when the scenery started to take turn for the more creepy, he both noticed it and didn't like the ominous feeling that it gave. Arriving at the market place, Zephyr got out of the carriage and looked around. The looks they got and the people talking in their hands was something he was used to personally, but another looked showed that they were more focused on Thea. "Could be that they weren't expecting someone so young to come and help them." That may have been what he said, but the lack of anyone her age cause a different reason to come to mind.

The courtesying girl surprised Zephyr slightly.
    "Yeah, that's us. I'm Zephyr. Where is your mayor by the way?"

9. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]
    Lakoda shrugged her shoulders at Shawn's question. "Perhaps it is special, perhaps not. We'll have to see when we get there. Sometimes these quests are very easy to handle and people just need an extra hand." She offered him a smile and then nodded her head. "I think we're ready to head off. Let's speak to Master Midarah and be on our way."

[​IMG]
    "Mmm, it seems as if everyone found jobs today." She smiled warmly at the three that were left and took the job request from Lakoda's hand. "Do a very good job, and try not to eat the sweets," she said all-knowingly to Yukyo with a slight wink and a smile. "Behave. This should be a fun job for all of you." With that, Master Midarah stamped the job request with her special guild stamp and handed it back to the group.

[​IMG]

Delivery of Cakes- Shawn, Yukyo, Lakoda

[​IMG]
    The cake shop wasn't far from the Guild Hall. It was in the marketplace in town, sitting in between a flower shop and a small miscellaneous magic shop that sold odds and ends such as trinkets to change one's clothing color, animal themed key chains that made random cute animal sounds, and so forth.

It was a sunny, clear day; a perfect start to an adventure. The cake shoppe was opened, and the group would be able to go inside. They would be met with the wonderful aroma of sugary, fruity, and some spice smells once they ventured inside. Right at the counter was an elderly woman, and she smiles pleasantly at the group as they come in.

[​IMG]

"Ah, if it isn't the Divine Rose's finest. Welcome to my humble shop, children." Her voice was kind, yet frail. "Would you like a cookie, my dears? They're fresh, and its on the house," Madam Madeleine offered the group a plate of chocolate chip, snickerdoodles, and peanut butter cookies which they may take one or two if they wish.

[​IMG]
    Lakoda smiled and politely bowed her head in respect. "Thank you, Madam Madeleine..." She took a chocolate chip cookie and quietly held it in her hands. "We are happy to take the job."

"I am so glad," Madam Madeleine said with a soft chuckle. "I'm afraid I'm not as young as I used to be and I cannot travel far like I have been able to in the past." She rubbed the top of her hand as if to be rid of an old ache and then continued on. "My dear friend Lady Erin is expecting a little girl. After all these years, she finally is able to have a child. Ah, but I am rambling. Excuse me, sweethearts, I tend to carry on sometimes. You are probably wanting to be on your way. There are five boxes that need to be delivered to the Raven Star manor. It is about a fifty mile journey there from here, and I will give you a map." Madam Madeleine moved to five boxes already on the counter and showed the group, still opened so they could have a peak inside.

[​IMG]
    "Two cakes, two dozen cake pops, three dozen cookies, and a baker's dozen of cupcakes. I put my whole heart and soul into these. It is very important that all of these items arrive to their destination in one piece. This unborn child is already very dear to me and my friend who will be receiving the goodies." Madam Madeleine carefully closed the lids on the boxes and began to tie them in pink ribbons. "I know I am not paying much for the job, and I wish I could offer you more jewels... However, if everything arrives in one piece, I'll throw in something special," she said with a wink. "I have a cart and horse you can borrow. I figured using a magic car will exhaust you of your strength. Will that be alright?"

Just then there was a little, timid tug on Everette's jacket.

[​IMG]
    Standing there was a little girl standing there, barely older than six or seven years old looking up at Everette with wide, curious eyes. "Excuse me," she spoke quietly, "are you the mages coming to help us out?" There was a bucket of water sitting by her feet, indicating she was probably sent to go get water from the well and was on her way back.

[​IMG]
    Samuel glanced over to see that a little girl was trying to get the attention of Everette. It seemed like his friend was always attracting the younger ones to him, which was fine by him. He looked at the girl closely, not seeing any marks, rashes, or abnormalities on her from the symptoms of the plague. She hasn't been infected yet... She looks really young though.

[​IMG]
    Maliel blinked at Thea's response and giggled. "I wouldn't doubt it for a second. I have a sister that's the same age as you. You remind me of her. It's nice to meet you." She stood up and brushed out her skirt. "I work for the mayor, yes. Well, I kind of do. I'm more like his secretary and messenger. He's at his manor. I'll take you to him. Follow me."

The group had the option to follow Maliel, which would be the ideal choice given the people seemed to be off-putting towards them. She would check over her shoulder once in a while to make sure they were following, but gave them enough room to talk to one another.

They walked by a large building that had iron bars on the outside windows, and a high stone wall about thirty feet blocking the view of the courtyard with decorative iron spikes on top to discourage anyone from sitting on or going over. There were muffled sounds of laughter and play of children, but none could be seen. It was assumed they were on the other side of the wall playing outside in the courtyard.

A red ball was suddenly thrown over the wall and rolled in front of the group. "
    Ah man! You kicked it too high!" a little voice could be heard shouting on the other side.

"
    I'm sorry!" came a reply.

"
    Now we can't play with it anymore..."

Maliel was far enough ahead to not really pay attention, yet the group was still in her sight. She seemed to be looking at the building, lost in thought.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  10. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

Gavin 4 banner.png

Before he left he gathered some things, not knowing who long they would be gone. To say the trip was long was a understatement. He relaxed most of the ride and looked out the window. The group would have had to cross a large lake by ferry. As they ventured farther and farther away, the scenery was becoming dreary, humid, and creepy even. A thin fog settled over the drooping trees and made the path somewhat obscure before them. He knew he might be able to move the fog away but it did not seem worth it to use his magic so soon. The closer they go to town the more of a smell of food being cooked there was. Soon the carriage stopped, and the group was let out to see Murgate Village. They were in some sort of market place. It did not strike him as odd that there was no children going around he figured that out before they left the guild.

The group was clearly being observed carefully. He gave Zephyr a look that said be careful and don't give out to much information. They after all did not know who to trust and not to trust at this point. A young teen then came up to them and said her name. Then she said 'I've been asked to bring you to our mayor when you arrived.' He found it quite odd someone so young would be working for the Mayor if she did. "Do you work for the Mayor?" He glanced back at Zephyr to see if he could pick up on what zephyr was thinking.

11. Swordsman_John Merlin's Housekeeper

Shawn Galewind 3.png

He had rested in his room for a while, and then they were on there way. They found the cake shop with a older women in there. "No thanks", he replied to offer of cookies. Then the older lady said she throw in something special. He wondered what that could be. He also wondered why this lady and the job board both stated to deliver these cakes in one peace, why did she have reason to believe they would be damaged. "Out of curiosity is she magic, her or her daughter?" He was still trying to put this together. This lady could have asked anyone to deliver these cakes why was the guild asked, he very much doubt that everyone in town was old, so there had to be a reason. "Can we see this map?" Perhaps this map could give them clues on wear bumps in the road would be.

12. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

Gavin 4 banner.png

after sometime the followed Maliel. Thankfully she was out of ear shot. He turned to Zephyr and said, "don't you find it odd someone so young is working for the mayor?" They soon walked by a large building that had iron bars on the outside windows and a high stone wall about thirty feet blocking the view of the courtyard with decorative iron spikes. "Looks like they are trying to keep something in or someone out" he said offhandedly. That was when muffled sounds of laughter and the play of children he could hear. He then turned to Zephyr once again. "Is this where all the children are kept?"

That was when a red ball was suddenly thrown over the wall and rolled in front of the group. Not seeing the harm of sending it back over he did so. He picked up the ball and gave it a good toss the ball landing on the other side. "Try not to lose it this time." His voice was full of happiness. "So what is up with this building and why are there children here?" he asked Maliel.

13. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]

Everette agreed with him on the sickness part but raised a good point, if he had been looking after all the people in the place where it would be most likely to be infected and he was still healthy then either this Chieftain had a very good immume system, was protected in some way or the disease wasn't contagious. "It might be a possibility, if that man has been in there and not gotten sick it's odd to say in the least... It would suggest that the plague isn't contagious but it's just an assumption at this point. What do you think, Samuel?" He didn't say anything else and simply watched as the girl tugged at Everette's jacket, she had snuck up without him noticing it was careless of him, especially in a place like this, it seemed like the illness wasn't contagious but it was still careless. The little girl seemed perfectly fine to him, but his eye wasn't nearly as trained as Samuel's were when it came to sicknesses. The girl had been carrying a bucket with water, helping out in this crisis in her own way it seemed. Conrad knelt to get on eye level with her. "Yes, we are the mages that came to help." He couldn't tell the girl that everything would be alright, he wasn't sure about that they could solve this.

14. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    As they stood outside Everette felt a small tug on his jacket. Looking down he saw a young girl standing their asking about them. Everette smiled at her but it was Conrad who answered for them. Meanwhile Everette ducked down to the girls level. "Yes we came to talk to the chief but heard there was lots of sick people in there. We were just trying to decide if we should go in or talk to him out here. What do you think. Will it disturb the sick people if we go in? We don't want to bother them while figuring out how to help." Perhaps the girl would have some insight on how they should go forward. She was young but she did live here and he had learned not to underestimate what the young picked up on, he had seen it enough in younger members of the guild that he never wrote them off as being possibly helpful. If she didn't have anything useful, then he didn't mind wasting the whole three minutes it took him to talk to her.

[​IMG]
    Thea didn't like being compared to some commoners little sister. She was a proud Strive and a Divine Rose wizard, not some local village kid. That being said she still just smiled at the girl and acted as though it didn't bother her at all. "Alright lets go!" She let Gavin do all the questioning as she marched forward slightly behind the young woman who was guiding them. Thea's eyes drifted around to some of the stalls but as soon as she noticed the peoples stares, she turned her attention straight ahead once more and kept walking with the group. She didn't like the looks she was getting.

As they approached a large building she started to hear children's laughter. Perhaps this was a school? Was everyone confused that she was out instead of at school perhaps? A ball came flying over the wall, and Gavin was nice enough to return it. Thea had considered grabbing the ball herself and tossing it over, but didn't know if she was strong enough that it would have actually made it over.
    "Maybe they are in school. Peasants do that don't they?" Thea suggested as a possible explanation.

15. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

"Not completely." Zephyr had said to Gavin. They continued to follow behind Maliel as she guided them towards the Mayor's manor. The building that they had passed very quickly caught his attention and the children's voices only extended for how long his attention was focused on it. "Seems that way." Despite being able to understand why they were kept behind it, Zephyr didn't quite fully agree to these means. From his stand point, it looked more like they were in a prison of sorts. At the very least they were having fun in there, which sorta made it all better. "Quite the well guarded school if that's the case. That said, didn't you go to a school too Thea?" He actually didn't know if she did or not, but knew that school wasn't just a 'peasant' thing.

16. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

Gavin 4 banner.png

As they walked Thea said as they got to the building that, 'Maybe they are in school. Peasants do that don't they?' He was not so sure but would wait for what Maliel would say. "Does not look like any school I have been to." Well that was not completely true. " There was one simular but for the most part they want them to look as normal as possible. I have herd of schools, where children with magic go to that are like this. I just thought that they did not use them anymore seeing as magic is more accepted." The thought of people putting children with magic here made him upset. It brought him to a time when he was younger. He closed his eyes for a moment.

Gavin opened his eyes. It was shortly after his 3rd birthday. he was being dragged by two people he had no control over what was happening. "Stop, let me go." There was a slight fear in the eyes of the people practically carrying him away. He had just used his magic and had thrown a large book at a wall because an other child had been hitting him with it. "stop I did not mean it." He was practically crying at this point. The men just looked at him. 'You know what you did and we know what to do with you.' In the distance a large building could be seen it looked like a prison. A few days later he managed to escape the place. Then he stared new schooling somewhere new. He had to keep moving from place to place school to school. Then shortly after his escape He was put away again in a school at the age of three because he had the natural ability to control (magic) some feared him and made fun of him. He closed his eyes.

He opened his eyes again and found himself back where he was. If anyone looked at his they might be able to tell he was upset. Zephyr had said something about it not being strange. He had so happened to open his eyes as Zephyr said, 'Seems that way and Quite the well guarded school if that's the case.' He did not like the idea of it at all. Looks can be a lie.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  17. Maka Albarn It's called love

Delivery of Cakes- Shawn, Yukyo, Lakoda

[​IMG]

"Ah, you have curiosity, and rightfully so," she said with a chuckle as she finished up tying the boxes with feeble, shaky hands. "This family has a long line of powerful mages, yet neither the father or mother has been blessed with these gifts. But I sense something is special with this child. Call it a grandmother's intuition." She chortled happily and then reached for the map behind her on the counter, laying it carefully over the boxes of cakes. "Here we are here in our town of Elinpyre. You will go on the main road through the Garriot Forest, over the Wyseful Bridge near the Renifel River, and then down to Merry Glen and then you will arrive at the Raven Star Manor. I will give you some provisions for the journey for your trouble. It will take most of the day to get there, and most of the day back. Is there anything else you need before you set off, my dears?"

[​IMG]
    Lakoda didn't think they needed anything, but she looked to the two boys to see if they had any more questions or things to ask for.

[​IMG]

The little girl stepped back shyly when Conrad and Everette knelt down to her level, tucking her hands behind her back and digging her toe in the dirt while looking down bashfully. "I can go get Chief Yolvun for you, if you'd like," she offered as she resorted to twiddling her fingers together. "I was on my way back with more water. It smells kind of gross in there, and it's kind of sad, but I'm okay with helping out."

"Renza!"

The girl turned to the door, seeing an older man with blond hair and teal eyes standing at the door. "Chief Yolvun! The mages are here!"

[​IMG]
    The man raised an eyebrow and then looked to the young men standing there. His eyes seemed to suddenly brighten with relief and he stepped out of the building. "Thank you, Renza. Could you take the water to Uka, please?"
    "Yes, Chief Yolvun!" the little girl replied. She then picked up the bucket with both hands and looked back at the mages. "I gotta go, but it was nice meeting you!" She smiled and then hurried off awkwardly, moving passed Chief Yolvun.

He patted her on the head before she vanished inside and approached the young men. "
    It's good to see you here, thank you for coming out."

[​IMG]
    Samuel nodded his head. "Thank you for letting us come out... I'm Samuel, this is Everette and Conrad... How bad is the sickness, chief?"

Chief Yolvun sighed out and rubbed the back of his neck. "It's... bad. It's been about four weeks. At first we thought it was a common flu or cold... Or some kind of virus that would pass by. But people became more and more sick. On top of that, we were hit with severe weather with rain and wind, but we hadn't had the time or the manpower to repair our village," he said, gesturing to the shambled buildings. "We only begun to have deaths recently. That's when we knew we needed help..." He looked at the young men with solemn eyes. "What can you do to help us?"

[​IMG]
    Maliel realized the group wasn't following her anymore and stopped to look back at them. She approached the group as Gavin asked questioned and placed her hands behind her back as she looked at the building. "That's the town hall. It's been converted into a school of sorts, yes. But mostly to keep the children safe from the flute player... He chooses his targets randomly, and so we placed them all in a well guarded area to keep track of everyone. It seems like the enchantment he uses only hypnotizes children twelve years old and under. So far we haven't had any losses the last two weeks, but we still hear the flute at night." She breathed out through her nose and then turned her attention on the others. "Come along then, let's be on our way." She gestured them to follow, not wanting to linger in this area much longer.

18. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    "That would be nice." Everette responded to the girl offering to go get them the Chief. In the end it turned out there was no need for such things, as he had come out to check on the girl himself, asking her to go deliver the water while they spoke. "It was nice meeting you too Renza." Everette echoed the name that he had heard the Chief call the small child. Smiling he watched her run inside before turning back to the man.

The man explained the situation, but Everette was still left wondering about how him and the child were in with the sick people but weren't getting sick themselves. Perhaps the Chief had a good immune system, but the child?
    "We need to figure out the source of the illness before we can actually do too much to help. Samuel here specializes in healing magic, but unless we find the source we can't guarantee that it will stay away if he manages to heal it." Everette explained. "Though I have noticed that you and Renza don't seem to be sick but you are around those who are, caring for them. Is there any reason you can think of why you don't get sick? If it is so far spread you would think it would be passed on through a simple means, airborne, even just contact with others. But you two are doing that already. Is there anything you do differently?" There was no use just pondering this to himself, it was much more efficient to ask up front than to make vague promises to look in to it without having a starting place.

[​IMG]
    Zephyr questioned Thea on her own attendance of school and Thea shrugged. "I had private tutors. Though they never did stick around long. Sometimes their face turned funny shades of red when I told them I accidentally burnt my homework. They never believed me and would yell, so daddy would fire them.... or... well I might have accidentally burnt one. She wasn't happy. But she was being so loud and I didn't like it. I was just trying to get her to calm down." Thea explained. With her powers the way they were her parents couldn't afford the risk of sending her to an actual school.

The teen stopped and explained to them about why they kept the kids there. At least the children seemed happy from what she could tell, so Thea wasn't too worried about it.
    "If you on'y hear the flute at night, couldn't they go out during the day? Would that be dangerous too?" Thea didn't even think about the fact that she was just in the age range that the flute effected. They would take care of the situation before it was an issue she was sure of it.

19. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

Zephyr had honestly expected to hear something along the lines of Thea going to a private school, but private tutors did also make sense. As did the rest of her story with her burning her homework, a teacher and the rest of them being fired. With all that in mind, it was a good thing that she wasn't sent to a private school after all.

"She has a point, unless something happened during the day." Zephyr asked, making note of the age range. It was wishful thinking to hope that maybe Thea wouldn't be affected by it thus giving them one less thing to worry about. Depending on what information that they could get, maybe they could come up with a countermeasure of sorts.

20. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]
    Yukyo walked over with Lakoda and Shawn as they reached the bakery. They walked in and an elderly woman had welcomed them. She had then offered the group a cookie. Lakoda then took a chocolate chip. Shawn had politely declined the offer. "Well then....More for me and the little lady. Thank you so much Miss." Yukyo smiled as he took a peanut butter cookie. Madam Madeleine began to discuss the job she has for them. A delivery of several pastries to a baby shower of an acquaintance of hers. She began to tell them how to get to the manor from her shop as well the time frame to and from the manor. "I should ask the same thing. Is there anything else you require from us? We'll be more than happy to do it."