Anime/Manga: Divine❃Rose

Discussion in 'Role-Playing Arena' started by Maka Albarn, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]

"No need," Master Midarah said as she entered the healing room. "I was on my way here anyways..." She placed her hands in her oversize sleeves and then sat on the edge on Thea's bed. Artimis was snuggled in Midarah's arms, keeping quiet since he usually didn't like to talk much. "I felt my ears grow hot, so I figured you two have mentioned my name. So, you wished to speak to me?"

[​IMG]
    Cera had stabilized Thea's magic as much as possible and so she bowed her head in respect, leaving the three (or four if you were counting the bird) to talk amongst themselves.

Village in Peril- Conrad, Everette, Samuel

[​IMG]

Samuel had filled up a few vials and then became worried about Conrad when he said he wasn't feeling good. "You did fall into the river..." Samuel peered closely at Conrad's neck, lowering his glasses to get a better look in the moonlight. "Yeah... you're showing signs the other villagers shown... Let's get you back to the village and get this fixed up. We'll do our investigations after we get everyone on the road to recovery..."

~Time Skippage~

Sunrise was just around the corner, and Samuel had put together and antidote. Conrad was the first one to try it. It was a good thing Samuel was an expert chemist and alchemist at this point. There were no ill effects with the batch of antidote. In fact, Conrad would start to clear up the rash and his energy would return to him. After waiting for a painful few hours to make sure it wouldn't backfire, Samuel finally gave the green light to go ahead and start administering the cure.

He handed one of the bottles of antidote to Conrad, and then looked to the chief's house where Renza was resting.
    "You wanna give this one to her?" he asked with a small smile. The other villagers were taking the cure to the Town Hall and to houses were loved ones laid sick and afflicted.

2. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]

"Yeah... I guess I was lucky I didn't swallow any water, it could have been a lot worse..." Conrad said as Samuel examined him in the moonlight. "I'll be okay, I am not feeling too terrible and the other people need it more than I do." Conrad said "Let's just get back, I feel exhausted, could use some rest. I like the sound of that." Conrad continued, he trudged along with Samuel and Everette back towards the village. When they arrived, Conrad just found a bed and lay down in it to rest up a little bit and wait for Samuel to get the antidote ready.

He slept a bit restlessly but when Samuel awoke him to notify him of the fact the first batch of antidote was ready and he was to test it. He didn't mind being the test subject, better to test it on one of their own just in case there were complications even if he thought other people needed it more than he did. His symptoms didn't worsen significantly as he had been asleep and he still wasn't feeling too terrible. He tested took the antidote and the rash started to disappear and he started to feel better and his energy was returning to him. He remained in that same room he had grabbed for his quick rest as Samuel came and went several times to observe the developments.

After a couple of hours Samuel declared the antidote safe for use and gave him a vial of the antidote, meant for Renza. "
    Yeah, I'll give it to her. Thanks Samuel." Conrad said as he took the vial and put it in one of his coat pockets, after realising that visiting Renza at the Chieftain's house would also result in a run in with the Chieftain he requested another dose for him too, just in the case it was needed for him too. "I'll go visit her right now." Conrad said as he left the inn where they had set up shop and headed for the Chieftain's house. Once there he knocked on the door and waited a few moments for an answer.

3. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]
    Zephyr hadn't been expecting Midarah to walk in like she had, but it made things easier. "Yeah, its about the incident with the magic council." He'd glanced back at Thea before continuing. "I don't know how much you were told about, but shortly after they had arrived they had made it a point to apprehend four of the people who had helped us. Three because they were 'helping' the mayor and the other because this could've been a 'ploy' of hers." He managed to have enough strength to make air quotes at least, probably meant he could at the very least walk as well.

"I don't agree with this so called 'investigation' of theirs. They only did what they had too at the time."

4. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]

Yukyo looked over to see the bird and the boys from earlier gain on them. "Oh you have got to be kidding me!" He was starting to get annoyed over this as the enemy continued to gain on them. Shawn had sent a sandstorm their way and yet they were still gaining on them. "Anymore bright ideas???" He turned back to the the two as Shawn had decided to grab the reins. Lakoda had joined Yukyo in the back. He was trying to think of another plan. Something that would get these guys off their trail. His train of thought had been interrupted when he felt the wagon stop. He looked out and saw shadows had been holding the wheels. "Oh come on!" Yukyo sighed a bit before lifting his hat a bit and scratching his head. With all the chaos that was going on, the sounds of wolf cries could be heard through his feline ears. He looked over from where the cries came from. "I wonder..." He looked over to Lakoda before speaking. "I got an idea. I just need you guys to trust me. Can you do that?" Yukyo immediately went onto the roof of the wagon. He took a deep breath before letting out a wolf cry. The cry echoed throughout the area. Yukyo looked to the trees and saw slight movement. A small smirk had graced his lips. "Well this is an unexpected development. Though I can't say I'm against it." He looked to the boy that was holding the wagon. "You should know something..." Yukyo cracked his knuckles before crossing his arms. "I got some new friends in different places. Very new friends. And they don't appreciate the fact that you're hindering us from finishing our jobs." Yukyo looked toward what had appeared the alphas of the wolf packs that started to emerge from the forest, letting out a low growl. Another smirk appeared on his lips before Yukyo snapped his fingers. The wolves immediately lauched an attack, pouncing on the boy. Some trying to get to the bird.

5. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    "Apprehend? You mean you arrested them? But you said they weren't mad." Thea called out Zephyr, annoyed at his lie. "That is unfair, they were helping us. Maybe if I just talked to them, I can convince them that they were helping us. I spent a fair amount of time with the magic council, they like me, I am sure that they will listen." Thea insisted, behaving and still laying down, but looking intently at Midarah. "We can't just leave them, we should help, they saved me, and nearly lost one of their sisters for my sake. I have to return the favour."

[​IMG]
    Everette helped Samuel long into the morning with making the antidotes. He was not a healer, not like Samuel, but he spent enough time with Samuel to pick up a thing or two, at the very least he could listen to instructions well enough. He took to doing whatever he could to help, if nothing else he would clean up and keep things orderly, keeping the conversation going so that neither of them would pass out. Finally, as morning neared, they managed to get an antidote together that seemed to be working, or at least it did for Conrad.

When Conrad was good to go, Samuel sent him to give the antidote to Renza and check up on her. It was cute really and Everette made a note to visit her before they left. In some way the girl reminded him of Thea when she first arrived at the guild and it made him smile.
    "I will help with whatever I can, hand me some antidotes and we can get them administered more quickly." Everette offered as he took a load and went to join Samuel in handing them out. "Good job by the way. We wouldn't have been able to do any of this without you." Everette put a hand on his shoulder and gave Samuel an encouraging but tired smile. At this moment Everette felt like Samuel should be an S-class far before him, but he couldn't force him to be so, so he didn't say anything about it, one day they might convince him, but for now, he was just glad to have had Samuel on this mission.

6. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]
    "Maybe they weren't mad," Master Midarah tried to assure Thea, "but cautious. The Magic Council didn't see what happened or experience it first hand like you all did. Their job is to make sure everyone follows the laws and rules of the land... And from what I've heard so far, it sounds like a serious crime had been committed in Murgate Village... With a malicious demon and sacrifices to the demon nonetheless... They needed to look at the situation from all angles and make sure everyone was indeed safe from serious harm. But you are right, Thea." Master Midarah smiled a little as she stroked Artemis' head in her arms. "The ones who were trying their best to stop those awful things from happening need an advocate. And what better than the mages who worked along side of them to put a stop to this evil. If you are keen to helping them and being their witness to their good deeds, then I will go with you to speak with the Magic Council. They do owe me a few favors after all..." Master Midarah smiled all-knowingly, looking to Thea and to Zephyr.

Delivery of Cakes- Shawn, Yukyo, Lakoda

[​IMG]
    "Wh-what?!" The dark mage was thrown off guard to say the least by the tremendous amount of wolves that suddenly came out of no where. He was forced to let go of the wagon with his magic, which caused it to lurch forward. The wolves snarled and snapped at him, taking the sleeve of his jacket and ripping it off.

[​IMG]
    On his shoulder was a peculiar mark on it which the young mages could catch a glimpse of before Lytton began to try to use his magic against the beasts that were starting to overwhelm him.

[​IMG]

Lakoda was grateful Shawn took over the reins for a moment. She joined Yukyo on top of the wagon, seeing that the shadow mage was being taken care of by a pack of wolves that came out of no where. She then noticed the mark and squinted at it a bit before a bird caw caught her attention. She looked up to see the humanoid bird was still trying to send egg attacks their way. "I had enough as well... Cover your ears!" she warned Yukyo. She then took in a deep breath while making a purple magic circle in front of her, and then dropped into a stance. She opened her mouth wide, and the loudest scream could be heard through the magic circle. Squiggled music notes could be seen erupting from it as the eggs coming towards them broke apart and the powerful soundwave was heading towards the bird.

[​IMG]
    The bird was caught off guard by the sudden, bold attack. The sound waves reached him, causing him to become disoriented and start crashing down. He landed in the bushes with a heavy thud, rendering him completely unconscious.

[​IMG]
    The speedy mage seemed to come out of no where and jumped up from the ground. He was trying to land a powerful punch on either Lakoda or Yukyo, but Lakoda wasn't having it. Instead, Lakoda turned around in a split second and snapped her fingers, sending another powerful wave at Reuben and causing him to crash into a tree.

"There goes the third," Lakoda said as she lowered her hand while watching the sound mage fall to the ground in an unconscious heap. "Go Shawn! Now's our chance to get away!"

[​IMG]
    The door opened, and the chief answered. Relief immediately fell on the man's countenance as he opened the door wider. "You've done it then. You made an antidote." The chief had received word when the mages returned back to the village, only to hear that the one named Conrad was affected by the poison. Their were dark circles under his eyes indicating he had stayed up most of the night, and the rash had spread to his cheeks and down to his hands. "Renza's resting... It was a little shaky through the night, but she is strong." The chief went over to a door frame blocked off by a simple curtain, and moved it aside.

[​IMG]
    There laid Renza, tucked in blankets and with a cloth on her head to keep any fevers at bay. The vibrant color of life she had when the boys first arrived to the village was now a pasty, sickly white. Her breathing was ragged, but she was alive. "Thanks to you and your friends, she wouldn't have made it without you," the chief said quietly while moving out of the way of the door frame to let Conrad in.

[​IMG]

Samuel looked over at Conrad when he placed a hand on his shoulder and gave a tired grin. "I couldn't have done it without you by my side." One by one, the villagers were flocking to them and taking the antidotes from them, giving the two young men a hug, a kiss on the cheek, or a firm pat on the back of thanks as they collected what they needed. It made their job easier they didn't have to go far to hand these out. After only a few villagers came in to get what they needed of the cure, Samuel let out a loud yawn and sat down heavily on a bench. "I... need a long nap...." He looked sleepily at Everette and fiddled with his glasses. "You look like you need one too..."

7. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]

It didn't take long for the door to be answered. It was the Chief, his condition had worsened and the lack of sleep that was clear in the dark circles beneath his eyes probably didn't help. "
    Yes, we did. The poison in the water originated from a big serpent. We slew the beast and Samuel managed to make an antidote for it, speaking of which this vial is for you." Conrad said holding out a vial with the antidote for the Chieftain, the man really could use a dose, at least the worries about the illness would be gone now. The Chief lead him to where Renza was, she didn't look good, a sick white skin, her breathing ragged, it pained him seeing the energetic girl that had met them. According to the Chief it had been shaky throughout the night. "We did what we could for her, we're here to help after all." Conrad told the Chieftain. He pulled a chair closer to the bedside and sat down by her side, gently stroking her hair. He had promised her he'd come back with an antidote, here he was. He figured that the sooner she'd have the antidote the better and shook her a little. "Renza, wake up, I have returned like I promised." He said, he didn't like having to wake her like this but it was for the best and she really needed the antidote having taken in a rather significant dose of the poison.

8. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]
    Renza groaned in her half-sleep, being awaken by Conrad's nudging. Her head turned to the sound of the voice before her eyelids began to flutter open. Her eyes seemed to be out of focus for a bit and she peered closely at Conrad, staying silent for a moment. She thought it was someone else for a moment, but her vision shifted and she saw who it really was. "Conrad..." Her voice cracked and sounded exhausted, but she still gave the biggest smile she could. "You did come back..." She tried to sit up but found she couldn't and relaxed back on the bed, taking in shallow, raspy long breaths to settle down. "I missed you," she finally was able to manage to say, wincing from the aches and pains in her body.

9. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]
    "A little too cautious if you ask me." Zephyr felt that enough of his strength had returned, least enough for him to be able to stand. He slowly pushed himself off of the table and onto his feet. His landing was a little rocky, rather wobbly, but having found his center soon Zephyr was standing straight up. Midarah may have given them the option, however Zephyr had already had his mind made up on what he wanted to do. "I do, we owe it to them to help."

10. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

Phoenix storm banner.png

When Midarah entered the room he gave a slight bow out of respect. He just sat there watching the events unfold. There seemed to be more talk about the magic council. So far he had not been overly thrilled with how the council had took care of things. 'The Magic Council didn't see what happened or experience it first hand like you all did.' That never really stopped them before. From what he could tell the magic council seemed more concerned with making it seem like nothing ever happened then what was right. Then again there was the inter workings of the council that he knew nothing about. There then seemed to talk of going to the magic Council to speak with them. Zephyr had said something along the lines of the magic council being too cautious. Midarah had seemed to think that they were just doing there jobs but from his experience that did not seem to be the case. That said Midarah had dealt with the council more then Gavin and him ever did. Considering that the only real experience had been mostly indirectly and then a few hours ago. He just sat there not saying a thing.

11. Swordsman_John Merlin's Housekeeper

He started moving the wagon forward with haste. Hopefully they be at this place they needed to be at soon.

12. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]

Once Yukyo had seen that the wolves had 'taken care' of their 'stalkers, Yukyo patted Lakoda's back before guiding her back into the wagon safely. Once he saw that Lakoda had entered the wagon safely, Yukyo went up to the front. "Get us out of here now!!" Shawn had taken the reins and immediately sped them out of there. Yukyo got into the wagon. He then looked through the cakes, inspecting if each as okay. He let out a sigh of relief before sitting down. "Glad that's over. Everybody alright?" He looked to both of them as they nodded their head. Yukyo took off his hat revealing his cat ears and then proceeded to scratch his head. "Next stop...Baby shower. When we get back, someone remind me to show Everette and Sammy something cool. Just don't ask why." A slight grin appeared on his face. He put his hat back on and relaxed in the wagon.

13. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]

Renza slowly seemed to wake up, as her eyes flutter open he smiled and waited for her to wake up enough to talk. She smiled as it hit her who had just woken her up. She seemed a little bit surprised to really see him. "
    I promised didn't I?" He said with a smile. "I wanted to come back earlier but we needed to be sure there were no problems with the antidote." Conrad said as she tried to get up, but laid back down. "Here let me help you." Conrad said as he helped her sit up and put the pillow behind her back. It would help her with drinking the antidote. "I missed you too, Renza, but Samuel has made an antidote for the poison." He took the vial from his pocket and held it out to her. "Here drink this, it's the antidote you'll be feeling all better in no time, Renza." Conrad said with a slight smile, he was glad that they had found the solution to this sickness, especially after Renza herself had gotten ill. He didn't really want to worry her by telling he had been getting sick as well.

14. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    "Well I can't say I know everything that had happened, I passed out part way through the battle. But I nearly was a sacrifice. I should know who was bad and who was good. Izra seemed to try and kidnap me when we first got there, but that was just to get me to safety before the mayor could do anything to me." Thea dropped her voice and sounded sad. "But someone got taken instead. It sounded like she was really hurting when we found her." Selena's scream still echoed in Thea's ear as she curled her knees up to her chest a bit in bed, a little scared still. "We should really help though, I want to help." Thea insisted.
    [​IMG]
    Everette's eyes were drooping after they finished handing out the antidotes and taken a seat on the bench, but Everette tried to keep himself functional. "I will be fine for a little longer. We should give Conrad a bit to finish up what we are doing, then maybe head back to the guildhall to rest. Leave this town to their own recovery." Everette suggested, but then he remembered that he wanted to see Renza. "Actually do you want to just head over to the mayors house? Say goodbye to him and Renza?" Everette suggested. He wanted to see the girl before he left, Everette found himself fond of her and blamed himself slightly for her getting sick. While Everette knew that Samuel's remedy would work, he couldn't help but worry.

15. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]
    Master Midarah frowned slightly when Thea was explaining her side of the story. From what was told to her, she pieced together that this mission could have gone more deadly if the ones who worked against the mayor didn't help her guild-mates out. She reached over to Thea and placed a hand on her shoulder, smiling a little. "Then I will help you help them... As soon as you both are well enough to travel, we'll give the Council a surprise visit. Gavin can come with us too if he wishes," Midarah said as she looked to Storm.

Delivery of Cakes- Shawn, Yukyo, Lakoda

[​IMG]

Lakoda slumped against the wall of the wagon, sighing out in relief. “I’m alright... that was a hassle...” She couldn’t believe how determined they were to get to a bunch of cakes and cookies... for a baby shower nonetheless! She glanced over at the box, wondering about the mark she saw and why they were so adamant about grabbing the goods. She opened one eye and looked at Yukyo. Don’t give them too much of a hard time,she said with a smile.

~Short Time Skippage-

It wasn’t long before they arrived at Raven Star manor. The small group got the dark mages off their trail for good, and the rest of the short journey was peaceful enough. Soon they arrived at the tall, Victorian era iron gates, which opened for them as soon as they showed their guild marks and announced their state of business.

[​IMG]

They pulled around to a majestic building and were then guided to the near back where the kitchens was, and then the servants began to unload the goods. Lakoda felt immense relief once the goods were taken off their hands.
    [​IMG]

A servant approached the three, tired mages with a polite smile and a curtsy. "Thank you so much for delivering these goods on time. Lady Erin would like to thank you personally if you have the time. Would you like to speak with her?"

[​IMG]
    "You found out what's been poisoning everyone?" Renza asked weakly. She then smiled a little and rested her head back on the pillow. "I knew you guys could do it..." She looked to the vial that was being held out to her and meekly made an effort to try to take it but her hands trembled. "Can you help...?" she asked sheepishly. Which in turn, Conrad didn't hesitate and brought the small container of glass to Renza's lips. She swallowed it down, making a face at the taste and curling her toes. "Ugh... that's almost as bad as beansprouts..." She gagged a bit and then relaxed against the fluffy bed. It almost seemed like magic when Renza's cheeks were already returning back to a healthy rosy color and the ragged breathing was becoming clear. The girl looked to Conrad, spying the duck feather necklace around his neck. "You still have it."

[​IMG]

Samuel nodded his head and grunted as he stood up, stretching out and rolling his shoulders before reaching a hand out to his friend to help him to his feet. "Let's go say good-bye... It was a fun adventure, but I'm done... I have some energy potions if you're struggling like I am. It might keep us awake and functional for the journey home anyways."

16. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    "I feel fine, I swear." Not a hundred percent true, but she was doing okay. She was managing to keep her magic in check, so her magic fever wasn't bad anymore, nothing more than the remnants of what was there threatening her before. Perhaps a little more rest would have been good, but Thea didn't wan't to wait to help people. She really wished that she could help them instead of laying in bed, waiting around. Thea was impatient and sitting still wasn't something that she was good at.

[​IMG]
    Everette forced himself to his feet before Samuel offered him an energy potion. Offering Samuel a hand up, Everette nodded. "I could use one, thank you." He agreed. They needed to at least make it back to the guild before they could pass out. Everette lead the way back to the Chiefs house where he was sure Conrad still was. Being polite, Everette knocked at the door, and waited for someone to answer. "Hey, we were getting ready to leave soon. We just wanted to say goodbye and check on Renza, see if she was doing okay." Everette said as he looked inside a bit for evidence of Condrad and Renza.

17. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]
    As much as Zephyr had wanted to object, claim that he was ready to travel now, he already knew from experience that Midarah wouldn't be easily swayed by his claims. Just like in those past experiences, he found himself trying anyway. "I can walk at least, which is good enough for us to make a surprise visit." If he really wanted to push things he could run as well, but anything beyond that would not be likely to occur or would not be as effective as it normally would.

18. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

Phoenix storm banner.png

When Midarah said, 'Then I will help you help them... As soon as you both are well enough to travel, we'll give the Council a surprise visit. Gavin can come with us too if he wishes.' He gave a simple nod. He would go get Gavin when they were ready to go. Thea said nothing about feeling fine. They should rest more but he was sure that was not going to happen. Hopefully magic would not have to be used.

Gavin 4 banner.png

Elsewhere Gavin sat overlooking the city. It was quite a nice view. Going back through the window of his room he took the books was looking at and began walking back to where they belonged. He reached where he had got the books at the first place and put them back. Glancing at the clock he noticed that it has been quite some time since he saw Thea and Zephyr. He wondered if they were awake yet and started making his way towards the med bay.

19. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]

When Renza asked if they had found out what hadbeen poisoning everyone Conrad nodded. "It was a very big serpent, that was poisoning the river." Conrad explained "We took care of it though." He assured her with a smile, it wouldn't come back to haunt the village or her again. He calmly helped her drink the antidote and laughed a little when she mentioned it tasted as bad as bean sprouts. "It may not taste great, but it's good for you, it'll get rid of the poison here just a little more." Conrad said as he helped her take the dose of antidote. He knew exactly how it tasted and he hadn't been much of a fan either but he knew he just had to drain the little vial that Samuel had given him if he wanted to get better. The antidote worked miracles as Renza started to regain colour in her cheeks and her breathing wasn't as rgged anymore. "There you go, Renza, how are feeling now?" He knew the answer was going to be much better. "Yes I do, it was a very nice gift from you Renza. I didn't get to thank you for giving it to me so thank you." Conrad said as he heard the knocking on the door and Everette's voice. "It looks like you are getting some more visitors, Renza." He added with a smile.

20. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]

Yukyo rested in the wagon as they continued to make their way to the manor. After what seemed like several hours, the group finally arrived at the mansion. Yukyo put his hat back on before climbing out of the wagon to bring in the deliveries. After all the deliveries were brought in and presented, Yukyo looked around the mansion before letting out a long whistle. "That baby is gonna be set for life, wouldn't you say?" He turned to the group before a maid that worked at the mansion walked up to them. Yukyo turned to look at her before taking off his hat and placing it over his heart. "And who you might you be my dear?" The maid had asked if the group wanted to speak to the lady of the house. He smiled as he responded. "That would be lovely. And if there is anything...Anything at all, don't hesitate to let me know." Yukyo gave the maid a wink before turning back to the group. "Well, this has definitely been eventful to say at the least."