Digimon (Season 1 and 2) are on Netflix...

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Noise, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Noise For Love and Justice

I am 8 years old again...

see you in a week!!

2. Hayabusa Venomous

I was 7.

ALL OF THE BAD JOKES.

3. jafar custom title

I'm getting this tingly feeling. Must be deja vu.

4. Feenie Finny, Fin of the Feenie Fish

omg wtf luk @ this noob theres allredee a thred about this ban him pls misstea

5. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Digimon on Netflix? I will see you guys after visiting my childhood once again.
    Makes me wonder how old I was when it started, because I watched from the very first episode

6. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

I really want to watch the third season through, properly, with mature-er eyes, considering I just didn't get it when I was younger.

Still, I do want to see those two again.

7. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Season 3 I actually found slightly annoying for a while, and I honestly have no clue why. But when I compare all of them, seasons 1-5 (I haven't seen Xros wars yet, and it'll probably be a while till I do, since I have so much else to watch), I just find season 3 the most annoying. I was personally a fan mostly of 4, and then 5 next, just because I found it amusing that the guy could throw a punch and knock most of the digimon around a bit.

8. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

I found Season 4 to be so boring, I never even finished it, though that was mainly due to the death of the website where I could download it from.
    I also thought it went against a lot of what makes Digimon great, specifically the relationship between a human and a Digimom partner. It should focus on the development of a relationship with someone foreign and from another world, totally different, but you realise your similarities and how you can match up will and that your strong relationship and character builds a stronger Digimon. I can not stress why having Digimon partners is a great narrative device, not to mention a cool friend we'd all want to have.

9. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I get what you're saying, I really do, but I liked Season 4 because the kids were actually doing something, instead of just staying on the back and using feelings, cards, or the like just to win. I mean, how many times did the digimon actually have to save a person and then lose a battle? I get that it can make a good plot, but it always bugged me that the kids could never really do anything besides stand on the sidelines and shout...kinda like in the "Revenge of Diaboramon" (ok, maybe not the best reference in the entirety of the show, but it's the best I can think of off the top of my head. Actually, no, I think that movie in the third season, "Battle of Adventures" was my least favorite. Even "Runaway Locomon" I liked because we got to learn a little bit of Rika's character)

10. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

Eh I suppose, but Pokemon/Medabots never had that problem. I do think that the digivices should've been better utilised for humans to use, like a buff/debuff almost, which is what 3 kind of went into. The kids had more of a reason to be partners, after all, they could get armour or swords or boosts, like that.

Never been able to see any of the Digimon movies apart from 'Digimon: The Movie' so I'll take your word.

11. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I think you can watch them all on youtube still, but I'm not sure. I remember years ago they did a marathon of all the digimon movies at the time, so there was Digimon: The Movie, Digimon: Revenge of Diaboramon, Digimon: Island of Adventure, Digimon: Runaway Locomon, and Digimon: Island of the lost Digimon

There's also a digimon movie with Xros Wars and I believe the 5th season, but I don't think they were ever dubbed. Although I'm curious about the 5th season one, since I've read about it multiple time, because I keep forgetting what it is, and it sounds pretty cool. I think in order I would have to say my favorites for the movies are Revenge of Diaboramon, Runaway Locomon, Island of the Lost Digimon, The Movie, and Island of Adventure.

They all had their ups and downs, but they did tie in to the timeline of the show at least, compared to Pokemon that is, that has never really had a canon movie before the genesect one. And Medabots I kinda understood, since you probably wouldn't hurt a robot of metal, especially at whatever age they were (which reminds me, I need to continue that. Started but never finished), and I think I get pokemon a little more, maybe just because I liked the idea of being able to capture them, and them being more like animals than talking data. I honestly could not say why I find that pokemon does it more than digimon, I just do.

12. Hayabusa Venomous

If you do get the chance, watch the first three Digimon movies in Japanese, since the English version combined them into one and cut out a lot of content. They're called:

Digimon Adventure
    Digimon Adventure: Our War Game!
    Digimon Adventure 02: Hurricane Landing!!/Transcendent Evolution!! The Golden Digimentals