Digimon Data Squad Abridged

Discussion in 'Project Casting' started by Shadow_Rocks, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Shadow_Rocks Gummi Ship Junkie

Well since I didn't expect to get a writer so quickly I was planning on people taking lines from the first episode of the actual series and using those for an audition.

Since Peace and War sent me a rough draft of a script for part of the first episode
    I was going to send some lines to people from that script (though lines for characters like thomas,gaomon, keenan, and other characters that appear after the first two episodes, would have to be from the show unless Peace and War has some lines people could use to audition for those characters)

Des that help a little??

2. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

If you've got that script floating about I'd love to read and see your style and such. Even if we're not that compatible in terms of types of jokes or delivery, at least we might be able to bounce some ideas off of each other.

If you're good at a drunk and laidback guy then audition for Sampson I'd say.

And if you have any skill video editing, we may have many a position for you! :)

What can I say, it just jumped at me for some reason.
    To be honest, I don't think the actual lines being said are what's important, but the attitude and the personality they try and perform it in. For example, you could do Lalamon's lines from the show but since I was thinking of a deep voice for the character, it wouldn't make much sense to cast a high pitched voice for a low pitched character.

At the moment though, just record a line from the show if the rough script isn't given to you soon using a voice that is similar to Agumon and Marcus from the show (they aren't too different from the show in my mind)

3. Iskandar King of Conquerors

a little. But it would also help a little if I could get some lines for Marcus and Agumon so I can try for those both. And are you still trying for those voices that PaW came up with at the beginning, like giving agumon a childish voice and all that?

4. Shadow_Rocks Gummi Ship Junkie

Yeah I'd still like to have people try to audition using the type of voice given from the beginning

5. Iskandar King of Conquerors

well, at least I can do that. Still, I don't have any lines to say and send to you....

6. Shadow_Rocks Gummi Ship Junkie

oh yeah...
    I'll send some to you tomorrow c:

7. Mysty Unknown

I do in fact have Skype. I need to research a little sense I have not seen the show in years. But I would love to addition right then and there.

Now Peace and War, I will try to dig it up again, should I send it to you through a private message? And for movie editing is a plus actually. I was in a Video Production class for 3 years but I don't have the software, I can get it though with Slaughtermatic's help.

8. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

Myst, you're a god send! <3

Video and audio editing is likely our current biggest need, then voice actors next. After that I think we can actually get going with this. If you'd volunteer for the role of video editor we could get the all rolling a bit more on this more, if you like of course.

Concerning the writing and sending it, PM me telling me the size of the file and I'll send you an email address that you can send the stuff to. This is just for my benefit really, so sorry if it might be a bit of a hassle.

9. Mysty Unknown

No hassle at all. I love editing also so I would be glad to do it. It is a passion.

10. Shadow_Rocks Gummi Ship Junkie

guys
    I found like
    four more people willing to audition
    /advantages of being in a digimon RP

11. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

Which characters are they auditioning for?

Good catch

12. Shadow_Rocks Gummi Ship Junkie

I don't know yet
    I just posted the list of characters needed on the thread (it's on a different forum meant for RPing)
    8ut at least I found more people

13. Mysty Unknown

good, good. I will hopefully be getting my editting program this weekend. Anyone know where I can download the episodes for when the time is ready?

14. Feenie Finny, Fin of the Feenie Fish

Hm. I guess you could download them from pretty much anime anime site, or even youtube.
    Problem is Jetix interrupt just about every episode with adverts, which also squashes the anime up to the top of the screen :/ So unless there is another source for downloading that didn't come from Jetix, one of us would probably have to buy the DVD.

Also one of the episodes has an audio lag, on every single site I watched it on, so you'd have to deal with that, but I'm sure that wouldn't be terribly difficult to deal with.

Aaaaaaaand I still need lines to audition for Thomas. I should hopefully be able to record some of his lines from the show tomorrow.

15. Mysty Unknown

I don't need to use the dubbed if Jetix is constantly a problem. I might know a youtube user that got them from a different source.

16. Feenie Finny, Fin of the Feenie Fish

Ah, okay then. I think getting the raw version (no subs) might be the best plan of action if your going for the Japanese version, assuming of course you can find the raw files. Having the original subs going at the same time as abridged audio doesn't seem very professional :p

17. Mysty Unknown

I don't want any subtitles. Its gotta be pure footage.

18. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

I actually have copies of every single episode, some may be a bit tainted by stuff like Jetix and the such adverts in a few, but hopefully we can use editing tricks to get around that.

I got them before the whole file share crackdown, and almost all of Series Two. But yeah, if you need em, tell me how you want me to get them to you.

19. Shadow_Rocks Gummi Ship Junkie

Okay guys
    I need everyone who is still interested to post in here

I also need the people who are wanting to audition for voice acting roles to send me a PM or VM of the characters they are wanting to audition for

So far I actually have some people on a different site who are willing to audition for more than 4 of those characters
    sadly most of the characters don't have any lines created for them yet so they'll have to use lines from the actual episode

Unless our writers can create maybe two or three lines that I can send to people wanting to audition for those character, then and person wanting to audition for any characters that aren't in the rough draft script I was given, will have to find lines from the show c:

20. Feenie Finny, Fin of the Feenie Fish

Still interested, still wanting to try out for Thomas.