Digimon Data Squad Abridged

Discussion in 'Project Casting' started by Shadow_Rocks, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

What type of British? Londoner, Geordie, Liverpudlian, West Country, etc?

2. Feenie Finny, Fin of the Feenie Fish

I guess you could say Londoner, or Received Pronunciation, whatever. Though to be entirely honest I don't think I sound EXTREMELY British, same as how I don't sound Scottish in the slightest.

3. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

Record some lines and let's here this not Scottish, not British Scotsmen talk.

4. Feenie Finny, Fin of the Feenie Fish

I suppose you could listen to some of my lines in some of the KHV Chorus vids if you want to, then make what you will about my voice from that. Of course, that's how I think I sound, not that I could make out my accent anyway (if I had one)

I'll try and record some lines for Thomas in my normal speaking voice tomorrow if you'd prefer.

5. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

To do realise that the Chorus doesn't show off anyone's speaking voice that well, right? I mean people's re singing together and the such, it's difficult to follow. Recording some lines would be easier and clearer.

6. Feenie Finny, Fin of the Feenie Fish

I do have some solos in some of the songs, but I see your point.

I will try and record a few lines later on.

7. Iskandar King of Conquerors

you should think of a few lines you can put in the abridges for each character and have the people that want to do those characters say those lines. That way you can see how they do acting out the character

8. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

So, I've typed out a rough draft of the lines and some general production of the actual video being cut together. Anywhere in particular you want to have it sent, or replied for in this thread?

And when I say rough, I mean basically I've just got the lines down for the characters in each scene. Probably would need to point out the occasional reference if it's not explicit enough, especially when saying the lines which may need to be said in a certain way to achieve the desired effect. For example, the first line is a reference to Finding Nemo and unless it's said right will be weird and stupid.

9. Iskandar King of Conquerors

you should add sound effects and other jokes, like other people do. Like in Yugioh TAS, the guy added effects like "Zuul M**********r, Zuul!", or something like that. I don't know, it just made it interesting

10. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

This is just rough, to show basic style of writing and my characterisation. I'd add detail like that in maybe later, but to be honest, the video editor would have to observe when sound effects and the speed of things would have to take place, because ultimately their creating it, I just tell them what scenes and lines to include when and where.

But I'll take it unit consideration if we get that far of course.

11. Shadow_Rocks Gummi Ship Junkie

i WOULD SUGGEST emailing it everyone interested so far (AND ME)

if you know anyone that would be interested in an abridged series like this then send it to them too for auditions and stuff

12. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

I'm just gonna send it to you Shadow, and you can distribute it in general to anyone who approaches you. Also, I want to see what you think of it first, no point me working on it if it's a pile of refuse.

13. Iskandar King of Conquerors

wouldn't it be better to have him look at it and see if it's alright? And wouldn't it also work better if you had the draft and the scenes you were going to use? Or, because I've been thinking about this, are you actually planning on doing an entire episode

14. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

First off, I am sending it to Shadow, I stated that in the post you quoted.
    Second, If you read my previous posts i state that I was doing a rough script of the scenes used in this example, so to show of my writing style.
    I'm not committing to writing a whole episode until I actually have a proper 'yes' to my work. Anything after that is a mystery.

And, to say, I've misplaced the script on one of three possible computers, so i'll email that to Shadow ASAP.

And lastly, Shadow is a she, not a he.

15. Iskandar King of Conquerors

oh, so I just read your post in the wrong way

16. Shadow_Rocks Gummi Ship Junkie

Can't w8 to see what you've come up with Sage 8ro :o)

Since it's technically sort of a rough draft things like what scenes they're meant for can w8 till I say "yes" (which I think was what Sage was trying to say)

17. jackdaniel0 Twilight Town Denizen

I never really watched Digimon, but I can be a co-writer? I got weird thoughts. Weird thoughts = eventual funny-ness.

18. Shadow_Rocks Gummi Ship Junkie

well first I gotta see some examples of your work :B (or maybe type of the stuff you're thinkin of right now)
    just email them to me or maybe PM me some examples or things like that

19. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

To be honest, the actual plot is fairly simple, and you wouldn't need to keep it at the constant forefront of the writing, we could just kinda mention it.

20. Feenie Finny, Fin of the Feenie Fish

Oh yeah, the plot for Data Squad is pretty straightforward. It does get slightly more complicated towards the end, but then it's still not that difficult to understand and work around.

Speaking of nearer the end, there are quite a number of jokes and references that could be made at that point.