Digimon Data Squad Abridged

Discussion in 'Project Casting' started by Shadow_Rocks, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Shadow_Rocks Gummi Ship Junkie

So Yes
    I've been meaning to try and start an abridged series for once.
    I have tried before, but we couldn't find enough people.
    On to the point.
    Basically I want to create an abridged version of Digimon Data Squad. It's always been something I've wanted to do, and I think it'd be really fun! Making fun of a show that we may or may not like. You don't even need to know what it's about for the most part. I picked Digimon Data Squad because there aren't that many abridged series of it as of yet
    Anyway here's a part of the first episode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu7vXZCMQVY
    It's been a while since I've watched this series myself, so I don't remember the episode where Thomas comes in. If you continue watching, or at least continue watching bits an pieces, then you can probably get a better feel of what the characters sound like.
    It would be even awesomer if you already know what they sound like for the most part.

You don't even need to be a voice actor really do join this production! If you have any other talents that are suitable for a project like this, then go ahead and sign up.
    Non Voice Acting related roles:
    Video Editor (to help with the syncing of the audio, and maybe add in awesome affects and stuff)
    Audio Editor ( May be needed, but if you are a good one that be my guest and sign up for the spot)
    A Writer (I've never been good with writing. Remember, abridged series are filled with tons of comedies, sometimes internet references, and meant to make fun of/mock the original show or the dub. If you can do any of these things then sign up.)
    Co-Writer
    if there any other things that aren't voice acting roles, but can help in the production of this abridged series then go ahead and tell me.
    I might also need a Co-Manager sort of person
    I'm still in highschool (a freshman to be exact) so I'll probably need someone to help manage things whenever I'm unable to (preferably I want someone who is older than me or has much more free time than I do )

Anyway to apply for any of those roles (except for Co-Managing, though I would like to here how well you may be at doing that) I need to see some examples of your work, whether they be past examples or examples you made especially for this project.

There isn't a specific deadline for auditions considering that people may still be in school or have jobs to do, so whenever you have the chance to create and send me your audition, do so.

Recording information for Voice Acting Roles

For voice acting roles I would prefer if you find a line or two from the show for the specific character you wish to audition for, and use that. Emailing me the recording (or if you have Messenger or skype and would prefer sending me the audition while conversing you can do that) would be preferred.
    I would like the format of your recording to be MP3 or WAV and sent in an attachment through email or a file through messenger or skype
    You can name your recording(s) whatever you want really.

Contact Info
    My emails: kaycris_rivera@yahoo.com, eternal_light101@hotmail.com, prussianpetsitters@yahoo.com

When I get a co manager then I'll put their info on here too

Characters:
    Marcus Damon
    Taken By:
    Fill-In:

Agumon
    Taken By:
    Fill-In:

Thomas H. Norstein
    Taken By:
    Fill-In:

Gaomon
    Taken By:
    Fill-In:

Yoshino Fujieda
    Taken By: Shadow_Rocks
    Fill-In:

Lalamon
    Taken By:
    Fill-In:

Keenan Crier
    Taken By:
    Fill-In:

Falcomon
    Taken By:
    Fill-In:

Miki Kurosaki, Megumi Shirakawa, and the PawnChessmon
    Taken By:
    Fill-In:

Commander Richard Sampson and KudamonEdit
    Taken By:
    Fill-In:

Commander-General Homer Yushima and KamemonEdit
    Taken By:
    Fill-In:

Marcus's Mom
    Taken By:
    Fill-In:

Kristy Damon
    Taken By:
    Fill-In

Biyomon
    Taken By:
    Fill-in:

I honestly don't know all the characters since I'm having trouble finding a list with the ones we will be needing since they show up a lot

so here is the wiki list: http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_characters_in_Digimon_Data_Squad

Other character roles will be added once we get farther into the whole thing

We'll also be needing voices for the different digivolutions of each digimon
    I mean, if the voice actor for a digimon is capable of doing the digivolution then that's fine with me.
    Also Fill-Ins will most likely be needed in the case the original VA for the abridged role is going through some tough times and can't do it, is too busy, gets sick, is going to be gone for a while, or quits.

Anyway I hope to get this started!
    I'll be upd8ing this post whenever there is new info ya'll need to know.

Also for voice acting roles. You don't really need to stick to how the character sounds in the eng. or jap. dub. Don't be afraid to change it up and create some funny sounding voice. Abridged series are meant to be parodies and are normally funny.

For examples of abridged series go to this channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TeamFourStar
    http://www.youtube.com/user/CardGamesFTW
    (will add more if anyone knows any good ones)

Oh yes one more thing:
    It would be lovely if one of the people who joins this actually owns a DVD for this
    If they don't
    then we'll have to stick with downloading the episode content orz

2. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

This interests me a bit. I could potentially help the writing, I've re watched the clip you supplied and already thought of a few things to joke about.And PawnChessmon will get an 'Ebony and Ivory' cover song at some point :p
    Want me to supply a basic script from the clip below?

I can occasionally give voices. Might be able to supply Thomas's voice if it becomes trouble to find someone for one.

3. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I would do Marcus or Agumon, but I'm not sure I can make my voice like that. And normally my voice is fairly low....not too mention I have a little enounciation problem

4. Shadow_Rocks Gummi Ship Junkie

Well you don't need to sound exactly likethe character!
    Making changing the voice entirely is pretty fun too!
    You see abridged series where the voices sound nothing like the voices in the original dub (take Abridged Tristain for example, LK was mocking how in the few episodes of YuGiOhm, Tristain had a weird sounding voice)
    Plus digimon's voices don't always sound the same in each series
    I think agumon Digimon 01 had a much deeper voice than the Agumon in this series

5. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

So, about the writing job... Yay or nay? I could do a mock up of that YouTube clip supplied in the original post if you want.

6. Iskandar King of Conquerors

actually, when I typed that, I thought of Sokka and Katara, and especially Zuko, in the Avatar abridged

7. Feenie Finny, Fin of the Feenie Fish

I would be interested in trying out for voice acting, though I would probably fail so hard at it.

8. Shadow_Rocks Gummi Ship Junkie

Yay ::::]

@wingly: Oh really? Are you talkin about the one by GangXinba (I think that's the username)

Don't worry I sorta fail too
    But it's always fun to try!

9. Iskandar King of Conquerors

yeah, that's him. I only watched a few episodes

10. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

Oh, why thank you. I'll get a small script to you soon. And if anyone can do accents, or just likes doing them even if they're bad, then tell me and I can add some unique character to each.

11. Iskandar King of Conquerors

well, i can sometimes do accents on purpose, or they just happen. But most of the time when I try on purpose it kinda fails and mixes, or just comes out as nonsense....so I'll be "the person that tries accents and gets lucky" XD. Although, in real life, I just do weird things like make noises, or blurt random letters together when I'm bored. Most people don't see me do it though, because I usually only seem to do it around those that know me really well

12. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

Anything in particular you like to do? Swedish, Scottish, Jamaican, South African? Anything you'd be willing to do ALL the time?

13. Iskandar King of Conquerors

no, I mean it, I literally can't do an accent on purpose except a one in a million chance. Not too mention, I can't keep the accent going. And the only Jamaican accent I can do would be "Hey, would you like to play some Pokemon?" just because I watched The Nostalgia Critic's review of Pokemon The First Movie

Sometimes i will do a scottish accent, and maybe because I have a bit of scottish in me, but that's very rare.

14. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

Well then I won't worry too much, I said ones you enjoy to do, not whether you're good at them. But if you say you literally CANT do them, then it's fine, normal American accent it'll be.

15. Iskandar King of Conquerors

well, some people say I have an Australian accent, german accent, and one person even said I have a New York accent(lol whu?). You could always listen to me talk and find out yourself. Although I'm not sure I could use my normal voice for this, since it's so boring. At least I can throw my voice around a lot XD

16. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

Well, ive got a basic outline of each character that I'm going to stick to for now in the planning stage.

Marcus: Loud, obnoxious, over the top and prone to violence
    Agumon: Childish, easily distracted, Swears a bit (which can be blipped for effect), and thinking of more.
    Yoshino: Girly girl, talks about boys a lot, uses txt talk in real life.
    Sampson: Spaced out hippie idiot.
    Kunamon: The brains of Sampson, infuriated by his idiocy.
    Thomas: Posh, playboy, thinks about money a lot.

At the moment that's all I've got.

17. Iskandar King of Conquerors

...Can I please do both Marcus and Agumon if those are their characters? I can easily do both of them

18. Shadow_Rocks Gummi Ship Junkie

I don't want her to 8e too much of a girly girl :I
    but luckily I can sort voice that girly girl tone of voice

I also think thomas would be sort of a know it all as well

@Wingly: You still have to audition 8ro

19. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

Well Yoshino is pretty hollow in terms of a personality compared to Marcus or others, so it's basically to make her stand out. Terms like 'Oh Em Ge' and 'Totally' were the kind of Girly things I was going for.
    But I could make her more practical or level headed.

20. Feenie Finny, Fin of the Feenie Fish

Hmm, I guess I could try auditioning for Thomas, though I can't promise wonderful results.

I can't really do accents. I can't even do a very good Scottish accent (which is ridiculous because I'm Scottish myself). I've heard I sound more British than anything else.