Chain of Memories Did you use sleights?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 ReMIX' started by Princess Luna, Aug 21, 2009.

?

Whaa??

1. Yes

65.7%
  2. No

7.1%
  3. Kinda, sorta...ish.

27.1%
  1. Riku-Sama's Shadow Hollow Bastion Committee

I just grouped cards together mostly the first time I completed the game. If it turned out to be a sleight, then yay it was a sleight. I didn't do it intentionally though.

But after the first time I started to actually use strategy and all that good stuff

2. Soap Hollow Bastion Committee

Towards the end of the game, my attack cards consisted of nothing but 9's, 8's, and 0's in that order. Then my cure, and magics, and summons in that order.

3. xXHumanoidLoverXx Destiny Islands Resident

Yes, and i ran out of cards very fast :cryinganime:

4. Drop. Merlin's Housekeeper

Yes. If you run out of cards, you can always use Items that recover ALL your attack/magic/both cards and get them back. .3.

5. Hiro ✩ Guardian

If I had not had Sonic Blade and Ragnarok, I never would have beaten Marluxia.

I never used them with Riku. Since you have a fixed deck, It's hard to use sleights and conserve cards.

6. Hohenheim Merlin's Housekeeper

(I necro'd this, I'M SORRY)

By sleights, you mean Sonic Blade, Ragnarok and all of that right?

If so, I used those all the time.

I wouldn't be able to beat the game if it wasn't for those attacks xD

7. Light-Rune Maven Seer

I used them rather strategically. On the thirteenth floor, after learning trinity limit, I would use it wipe out everything at once and immediately win the battle. As Riku, I entered D-mode and spammed Dark Aura when I could.

8. Airi Ban King's Apprentice

I used them majority of the time. Whenever I can successfully get one out I'll use one.

9. A Zebra Chaser

How does one play Chain of Memories without sleights

10. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

It's simply no fun playing Chain without sleights!
    SONIC BLADE DECK would kill all floor bosses with ease ! I would put my cards with a sum that would give 21 or more 7,8,9 THEN I would put 9,7,8 (The next round i would lose the first card of each so it would be 8,9,7 ; another sonic blade!)
    I didn't had any problem with Sora's deck.. Riku's was more troublesome as he would have a fix deck.. with Riku depends what world you are (Wonderland being the WORST).. I could spam 3 random cards togheter only to gether DARKNESS and use my sleights to kill all the heartles, when I was at a boss fight I wouldn't use them only strategically.... also put ethers at the end to recover my cards (In Sora, or Riku when available)

11. 61 No. B

this.

If you didn't use slights you must have had an extremely difficult and overall unpleasant experience.

12. Mixt The dude that does the thing

I thought I had a post in here before, but perhaps it was just a similar thread.

Anyway, I tend to build a deck around spamming slights the first time around and then (mostly) playing normally against anything that remained. The exception being bosses where I turn that over and I play more directly at the beginning and then use slights to try and finish them off, though under that strategy it is important to have a line where you stop and go back to normal play again because little is worse than having a boss with 15 health left while you're praying for Pluto to save your behind.

13. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

I threw out Sleights every chance I got in the early game, but as time went on and enemies got cleverer, I started to phase out the ones with lengthier animations so as to avoid getting cracked open by a 0 card. In time I had nearly ditched Sleights altogether and used almost nothing but 0's and 9's of my own, plus some summons and elixirs. I even fought some bosses Kenjutsu-style, by only attacking when I broke their cards.

You have no idea how bad I just wanted to spam Dark Aura throughout the entirety of Reverse/Rebirth, but every time I tried, I'd get it broken before the first hit landed. So with Riku I would tend towards Dark Firaga a lot.