Chain of Memories Defeating The Guard Armor

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts Help' started by Sp3lling3rr0rs, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Sp3lling3rr0rs Merlin's Housekeeper

Hi!
    My Problem:
    So I realized I had to start all over, and I can't seem to defeat the first (and the easiest) boss in Kingdom Hearts: ReChain of Memories. I decided to gain HP points than card points because then I can spend most of my time learning slights and adding more cards to my deck. Right now, my HP at full capacity isn't very high and I'm thinking that I might've done a mistake. However, you have to live with mistakes and learn from them, even though I only logged in about an hour into the game.

My question:
    Should I keep up this pattern of only leveling up slights and HP or should I start raising my card levels? Depending on which one you think I should do, how do you defeat the Guard Armor? (I have 275 card points, by the way). Thank you!

2. Iskandar King of Conquerors

It's really up to you on what works best. I only ever increased my HP about 5 or 6 times in the whole time I played as Sora in Re:CoM, and the rest I used to increase CP and get sleights. If you like using stronger cards, work on CP, if you like to survive a little longer, work on HP, and the sleights kinda vary in my opinion. I mostly stopped around Sonic Blade, but you can get some good ones past it. It's all on how well you fight

3. Sp3lling3rr0rs Merlin's Housekeeper

Hmmmmmm, do you think if I increased my HP two more times (not counting if I learn a sleight in the mix), that I should be set with HP?

4. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

I think you should go with whatever works best for YOU. If you feel you need the extra damage threshold because of your play style, then go for it. My advice: Go for CP. Set up your deck so the best cards are always easily accessible. You don't necessarily need a lot of Hp to beat this boss. What you need is cards that can card break. Any high numbered cards, zeros, potions, etc. Zero cards are your best friends when dealing with boss sleights, and potions are you friend when you need to recover cards.

If you're worried about HP, then add a few cure cards. Like I said, Zero cards are your friends when dealing with boss sleights. You can also always combo with Attack < Cure < Attack if you ever feel that the boss is card breaking your cures.

But again, it's up to your play style. =V

P.S: Don't be afraid to use a moogle shop card if you need new cards. (Though finding the red orbs is another story)