Kingdom Hearts II defeating demyx the second time

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts Help' started by Shadow_Rocks, Apr 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timeless Traverse Town Homebody

All I Can say is LEVEL UP before fighting him.

2. ♦Demon♥Angel♦ Gummi Ship Junkie

It toke me a month before i defeated him (vv why did you have to be a bad guy dumyx[his nickname for my and my sis]). I just kept healing myself and didn't worry bout donald or goofy (I'm not a bad person). And i tried to use my drive as much as i could. Keep trying!

3. Dredica SNES was the best.

Maybe you just suck? Face it >:O Level up, don't be afraid to use drives.

Remember, unlike you some people aren't code masters...or whatever the hell you guys are now.

4. Shadow_Rocks Gummi Ship Junkie

didn't have enough power to use drive mode

well we didn't have enough power to use drive mode

no it's when you actually have to defeat him i can defeat the drones

wait thats what this boy from my school was talking about do you know the control you have to use for that attack

5. RoxaSora2010 Nulla è reale. Tutto è lecito.

equip fire magic in the shortcut menu and attack demyx more than u can or he'll create the water clones

6. soraanddonald Moogle Assistant

when you fight demyx, go in as valor and equip ultama weapon and anything else exept the kingdom key. then i dont know what to do. actualy, hit the bubles of water, then use blizziga, thunduga (sorry about the names,my playstion does't work so i cant play) OR firaga

how do you add videos and pictures?

7. werkku6 Traverse Town Homebody

(You should equip explosion ability)
    Just go into Wisdom and start spam Fire like mad. If you run out of Wisdom and there is still some clones around, just attack them and use reaction command (Was it wild dance?). When you fíght him normally (no clones around) just try to get your Drive bar full again and when he uses clones again, go into Wisdom and spam fire once more.

8. soraanddonald Moogle Assistant

it is wild dance. you should check out my idea of how to deafeat demyx

on some of his attacks (attacks that are impossible to dodge) use fire magic or blizzaga

are you kidding?????? iv'e only fought him once, and his life was like one inch long and i died so i havn't fought him since!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Zexion06 Traverse Town Homebody

I think I can help on this one. I've replayed the battle on my tertiary save file to write this. I was pretty low-leveled and beat Demyx, so you probably won't have to worry about farming to get your level up. Now first of all, equip the Hero's Crest Keyblade. This weapon is essential to the battle because it has an Air Combo Boost effect, let alone good strength for a weapon in the game at that point. Fill up your entire inventory with Hi-Potions and Ethers. You must have the following abilities "equipped" (well, these were the abilities I had during the battle): Scan, Leaf Bracer, MP Rage, Reaction Boost, Aerial Recovery, Aerial Sweep, Aerial Finish, Slide Dash, Combo Boost, and <b>Combo Plus</b>. A lot of people have been using Reflect, Cure, and Item shortcuts lately, so I recommend you customize your shortcut list that way too (I'll place one later). Since Demyx is weak against Fire (his element is Blizzard), you should also add that to the shortcut list. This was mine:

Triangle: Cure
    X: Fire/Fira/Firaga <- Wait, you don't get it then, sorry...
    Square: Hi-Potion/Ether
    Circle: Reflect

Lastly, you should equip all of your party members with exceptional equipment, and set Donald Cure to "Emergency Only" or something like that. Now for the battle.

If you have Scan, it should show that Demyx has about five health bars, maybe a little over that. Before the battle begins, Demyx will say his memorable quote, "Dance, water, dance!". You could probably guess what he's going to do next. At the very start of the battle, you will be given 40 seconds to kill 50 Water Clones. Failure to do so will result in being kicked out of the battle. Approach a Water Clone in a large surrounding group of others and activate the reaction command, "Wild Dance". Sora will swing the targeted Water Clone around, destroying those nearby. Repeat this process quickly to eliminate all of the clones. Now, when all of the clones have been defeated, Demyx is now vulnerable to attacks. You might have also noticed that he doesn't attack you at the beginning; he's stunned. Take this time to execute a Fire blast at him, followed by a chain of physical attacks. However, don't use a full combo, as Demyx will retaliate if you do (the first time you can). After being pummeled down, Demyx will more than likely launch a series of immense "bubbles" at you, either in an Aerial Strike form or a basic foward launching mode. If he attacks from the sky, open up your shortcut menu and activate the Reflect spell. If he attacks with a set of bubbles launched directly foward, you can perform a sideways Dodge Roll to evade the attack. If you didn't get a chance to avoid the attack quickly enough, don't try to do it after the first failure, the attack is only brief anyway. Occasionally, Demyx will slide towards you very fast, you can either dodge it by using a basic Dodge Roll sideways or just running to either side. You could also make a comeback by using a Slide Dash, and then performing a series of Keyblade strikes. About two bars down, Demyx will not move. Dash up to him and activate the reaction command, "Show Stealer," as soon as this happens. The outcome will have Demyx flying in the air, vulnerable to aerial combos. Another one of his attacks, if I remembered correctly, were a blast of four water pillars; they're fairly easy to dodge, if you can't, use Reflect. After being beat up for a while, Demyx will then summon a few Water Clone guards. Don't bother taking them out using melee attacks, use the Wild Dance reaction command. Not only will that destroy all of the clones, but stun Demyx once again. After three bars of health being removed, Demyx will now go into his second and "serious form". This is the part where many people have been complaining that is virtually impossible to beat. You guessed it, "Defeat 10 Water Clones in 10 Seconds". Follow the same routine, but when the timer get to about 3 or 4, maybe even 5, take them all down with Fire spells or melee attacks. The swinging will be too slow to accomplish the task. Maybe pause the game to wipe off the sweat from your controller, because you'll need to mash buttons even more now. Demyx will almost always launch "teleporting pillars of water" that appear at his side and then strike the place where you're at. Be ready to use Reflect once again. When he has like half of a health bar left, Demyx will chicken out. Now he uses an attack, well, more of like a shield that protects him with a wall of water pillars. Stay far away from Demyx until his little shield expires. Fianlly, he will send a trail of water pillars that follow you around quickly, use Reflect when needed and try to avoid the rest.

I hope you found this information helpful enough to succeed on this fight.

Edit: Sorry if my post was extremely late. I tried to write this earlier, but my computer just refused to properly load...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.