Dead Nightmare OOC&SU

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Twilight_Nobody13, Sep 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

It had been raining for several weeks now... After the discovery of the tomb of Xia Arathian, the Founder of Lilitu, the capital of our beloved Zu Vendis,our Planet of Darkness, more than a few things went terribly wrong. The lead professor of the excavation, Professor Eli Rayleigh, disappeared into the ruins with his seventeen year old daughter.

Seven thousand years before the excavation began, a single man arrived on a desolate planet. He spread his arms and the gray soil turned black and life sprouted. Fourteen days later, the planet flourished with life and the man gave the new life homes, currency, food, names, and finally...his own name. Xia Arathian, King of Nightmares, Lord of Pleasure and Baron of Combat. He came to call this single, but growing, spot of civilization a name and called it Lilitu, meaning 'of the night'. This planet, so far from the light, Xia grew to love and thus named it Zu Vendis. In a mear hundred years, Lilitu had developed into a bustling city with towers made of black marble that soared into the sky, reaching for the eternally dark skies. It was then that Xia Arathian began construction of a secret temple that descended deep into the heart of Zu Vendis. Four years into their hundreth year of existing, Lilitu suffered an epidemic. The plauge scoured the streets, claiming the lives of the old and young alike. With their King, Xia, over the age of one hundred, his power began to wane throughout the city and more died for three more years.

After the three years of illness, Lilitu expanded once more, becoming the grandest city to exist on Zu Vendis. With the rise of several other cities on it's black earth, the city of Lilitu was named Captial and Xia's power was stretched even thinner to expand over the new cities taking root in history. It wasn't long before the secret construction of the temple was complete and their King disappeared. Lilitu without a King was thrown into chaos. Zu Vendis without a King was lost to the darkness that threatened its meager light.

Two hundred years past without a single sighting of their lost King or the arrival of one who would replace him. It was raining that day too...demons resembling half humans, half monsters erupt from the temple and dominated the city in a single night. When dawn broke, what people were left witnessed their King emerging from the temple. When asked how he had lived so long and instead of appearing older...he in fact...looked much healthier and younger than before. He said to them, "I have made a pact with the Lord of Demons that resides deep within Zu Vendis. In exchange for my eternal life and power, he has given me twenty years to right the wrong I have made. In twenty years....I will wither away into dust and die. When that time has come...I ask of you, my people, to encase my self within the coffin within this temple and seal the temple off from all who may look upon it.

In ten years, Xia had fathered a single child. A son he named Xone, the Second King of Nightmares. The other ten years passed and Xia faded away into dust without completing what he'd asked the Lord of Demons time for.

The Sins of the Father should not pass to the Son.
    Xone's following rule turned the once glimmering City of Black, Lilitu, into a solom gray and came the age of War. Four hundred years of war passed and Xone aged slowly. To beings who's maximum age and minimum age were a mear three years apart, four hundred years and only aging about four years brought them all to their knees. Two boys were selected as Xone's personal guard. Ashenvale Sharpflash and Adrien Nightmare.

In the following years children born with the power of the elements were found all over the universe. Xone named the power they wielded, Sacria, the power of the elements.

It wasn't long before eventual age and erosion ate away at Lilitu, slowly destroying the once glorious capital. But more than age and erosion destroyed Lilitu. Darkness swept in from the outer limits of the cities. A Darkness that devoured all it touched. Faced with the choice of re-opening the Temple of Xia to seal the darkness within it, or let it devour Zu Vendis from the outside in....Xone chose the only option he believed would save his father's beloved planet and re-opened the temple. From the newly opened temple, the same half monsters spewed out with an unreasonablely wrathful of the Lord of Demons. Lilitu was destroyed....and Zu Vendis fell into eternal slumber within the Darkness....

Those who have Power and Fail to use it....are commiting a Sin.
    In the present day, Zu Vendis was recovered by those from a different planet in the universe and treated as a delicate relic of the past. The months during the excavation became their nightmare.

Document: 01

The video rolled through a dark corridor and focused on two figures lying on the ground in the center of a stone dais. A male voice called out to the soldiers gathering around, "Get the brown haired one! I'll need her to prove my thesis. What's this? Who's this girl?" Soldiers dressed in dark blue suits picked up the black haired girl and held her in front of the camera. It focused on her face and her skin appeared to be deathly pale. "She must be dead...a failure..." the voice said with a bit of disappointment in his tone. Suddenly, the girl's eyes opened, flashing silver irises and sharp canines slid from her upper lip.
    A restraint was put on the girl, a simple leather strap placed over her mouth, and the camera moved to the other girl they'd picked up more carefully. She wore a long sleeved green dress with simple gold embroidery around the waist and neckline.
    The man was speaking again, reporting something. "...the subject appears to be fine and healthy. Her counterpart, on the other hand, seems to have developed a hostile personality in the short time I left them alone. Is it a result of the separation ritual? What could've happened if I hadn't left her alone? Or if I hadn't come back. Would the two of them have killed each other...or worked together to rule? The possibilities are endless." His face appeared on the screen. A slightly tanned face with brown hair tied back in a ponytail and deep set brown eyes. "Oh, yes...my name is Professor Eli Rayleigh. Reporting directly from the ever so mysterious dark planet, inside the legendary Temple of Xia Arathian. These documents will be my living legacy. Also...my dearest Renee...I'm terribly sorry for this."

In the present day, two years after the excavation of the Temple of Xia Arathian, darkness spilled out from the temple, infecting other worlds in the universe. On the ever peaceful planet of Allor, Sacria wielders must come together to defend the universe from the Darkness and an even more frightening opponent...​

Rules~
    1. No God-modding, powerplaying. When I do it, it's for plot purposes.
    2. Romance is encouraged, just don't go overboard. Same with violence. Not exactly PG-13, but not far enough to be R.
    3. WARNING: There will be Documents that exceed PG-13. They will be put in spoiler tags.
    4. Stay active, I do have a deadline to meet with this. XP (sorta)
    5. One one-liners, please.
    6. Only one element per Sacria wielder. I don't need two fire users.
    7. Only one Sacria wielder per user, please.
    8. Keep any personal arguments outside the rp.
    9. I reserve the right to add more rules and thus check back here regularly.
    10. There isn't a limit to the number of characters, but if you don't know where one is, you have too many.
    11. Follow the Rp Arena's rules (shouldn't have to say it)
    12. No killing another character without their permission.
    13. Without prior notice of leave...the time limit is one week before I kill off your character.

Only I know your pain…
    Your uncertainty…
    Your loneliness…
    If only we could be together forever
    Allor the City of Light spawns gifted children to wield the Sacria of the elements. Their weapons of variety manifestations of the Sacria that appear from thin air. And the power to wield an element of the world....the perfect combatants for the one who speaks such empathetic words.
    OC Sheet: Sacria Wielders​
    Username:​
    Name:​
    Appearance:​
    Element:​
    Bio:​
    Weapon:​
    Other:​
    OC Sheet: Non-Sacria Wielders​
    Username:​
    Name:​
    Appearance:​