Film DC's "Suicide Squad"

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by Boy Wonder, Dec 2, 2014.

1. Patman Bof

I' ve always thought if the Joker existed in real life he' d be a punk, so I' m sold on the look.
    They' re not actually going to save the world are they ? ^^''

Any word on the expected rating ? Cause I' m hoping for something a tad more dark and twisted than a few electroshocks here.
    As in the actual worst of the worst.

2. reptar REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Thank god they got rid of the 'damaged' tattoo... Im still not hundred percent sure on it but the laughing tattoos fit imo.
    Im probably gonna skip this movie until it shows up on HBO or something.

3. 61 No. B

I resist so much of what's here but I'm excited for what this movie seems to be doing for progressing this new setting (so immensely excited for maybe Jason Todd death stuff and fleshing out this Batman's history as well as making Superman such a central part of how this continuity develops). It seems to be emphasizing that Superman and the results of MoS will be largely what shape this universe. Couldn't care less about the Suicide Squad itself. Quinn is a character I find absolutely dreadful anywhere outside of the Bruce Timm shows, and she's apparently a big part of what this movie is being sold on. Could be good, I don't know. We'll see. Rumors that the scene with Batman chasing Joker is a flashback to him being thrown into Arkham after killing Jason Todd and Waller building human opposition to Superman are the sole things I'm excited for here.

But how weird is it that we're getting Suicide Squad of all things this early and that it seems like it will be an important film for this series? Hope they put the care and effort into backing such a bold move.

4. Midnight Star Master of Physics

I'm a little bit unsure of how I feel about this trailer. It looks alright but generally I'm a fan of Harley Quinn and that did not seem like her at all, she seemed like a decent character but not Harley. I don't know, I'll probably go see it anyway and hopefully I'll be proved wrong.

5. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

Everything about this movie screams "wrong" to me. Jared Leto will do his best, I'm sure, and his voice was spot on in the trailer, but his makeup, his tattoos, and the f*cking grill on his teeth are all wrong. That's not his fault, I realize, but you can only do so much with what you're given. And honestly following up on Heath Ledger's act is something that no one in their right mind should have attempted.

Harley Quinn: Where should I start? She looks like a cotton candy princess gone all wrong. I had half hoped they would at least try and take some of the character from the Arkham Asylum series, but in the trailer she's either acting like a stripper or talking like she didn't graduate high school. Harley Quinn was a licensed psychologist before she met the Joker, and an extremely intelligent woman. She might be a little crazy, but she wasn't stupid. Her outfit screams that she's a ****, where in the comics she had on jumpsuit type clothing, and in the Arkham series she at least wore a half decent skirt before switching to respectable pants. Hopefully I'm wrong, and the trailer didn't portray her correctly, but Harley Quinn was always just as intelligent, if not more so then the Joker, she just happened to become codependent in an abusive relationship.

Bullseye: Since when has he been a decent guy? I've never seen Will Smith portray anything but the hero, and from the looks of the trailer, that's exactly what they're making Bullseye. He was never a good person, he was an assassin that was an extremely good shot. Yeah no one is born that way, and maybe I missed the story arc where Bullseye used to be a class A citizen before he decided to kill people for a living, but while I'm a Will Smith fan, I'm not impressed.

Didn't reall see too much of anyone else to judge whether they're good or not, and honestly I didn't really recognize anyone else, which is a lot scarier then the detractors I mentioned above. That's without mentioning the poor PR work the director and studio have done and the nonexistent attempts to plug the leaking photographs and video. It was a ballsy idea, but I doubt it's going to be anything except a disaster.

6. Hayabusa Venomous

Joker: the "grill" has been explained as being replacements for the teeth he's lost fighting Batman. I like that explanation. Too lazy to get a source right now. The tattoos suck though.

Harley: I don't get any of this stripper stuff because this is less than five minutes of seeing the character actually talk. I also loathe her design in Arkham Asylum. Arkham City/Knight looked decent, and this one honestly doesn't look that different.

Deadshot: I'm less a Will Smith fan now and more an "assassin wearing a cool mask" fan, and from what people who've read the Suicide Squad comics have told me, Deadshot is actually the closest to a moral person in the group, so blame the trailer editor and the casting director for this one so far.

7. mindstorm787 Gummi Ship Junkie

I'm also very tentative as to even consider watching this. I'm trying to keep my mind as open as I can, but this seems like a very bad attempt at a poor movie.
    But, as skeptical as I am, I'm going to keep an open mind.

8. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

9. Hayabusa Venomous

A fan of just about everything so far except for Will Smith being literally the same character he is in every other film, and Joker Leto having the Damaged tattoo still.

10. 61 No. B

this, if anything, is going to be the thing that kills it
    will smith cant do anything other than will smith
    will smith doesnt want to do anything other than will smith
    and deadshot is one of the farthest things from will smith i can think of