Television DC's Legends of Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by . : tale_wind, Mar 30, 2015.

1. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

No plot has been announced for this spin-off from CW's DC Universe, but it has several cast members from its predecessors, alongside some new ones:
    • Brandon Routh as Ray Palmer/The Atom
    • Wentworth Miller as Leonard Snart/Captain Cold
    • Dominic Purcell as Mick Rory/Heat Wave
    • Victor Garber as Dr. Martin Stein
    • Ciara Renee as Kendra Saunders/Hawkgirl
    • Caity Lotz as [tba] (Sara Lance/Black Canary?)
    Two other characters are slated to be part of the show, but have yet to be announced or cast, though both are said to be superheroes making their live-action debuts.

This version of Hawkgirl is reported to be "a young woman who is just beginning to learn that she has been repeatedly reincarnated over the centuries. When provoked, her ancient warrior persona manifests itself, along with wings that grow out of her back, earning her the moniker Hawkgirl." [x]

2. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

3. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

The show is now titled DC's Legends of Tomorrow! Here's a brief synopsis:

[x]

4. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Ciara Renee (Hawkgirl) tweeted that she and some of her castmates will be in the season of Flash. She was already mentioned once recently, as well as A.T.O.M. and Arrow's future names, though

5. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Thought I already posted the trailer. Whoops~

6. Arch Mana Knight

White Canary is secretly Emma Frost. So Firestorm is around but still no mention of Robbie Amell's return. Would be really disappointing if Ronnie was replaced by someone else.

7. Cloud3514 Kingdom Keeper

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
    I swear having The Atom shrink is purely to apologize for turning him into off-brand Iron Man.

Also, why White Canary? Her comic counterpart was a one off villain from Birds of Prey intended to be a foil for Black Canary. Why not just use Black Canary?

EDIT: Rip Hunter is a supporting character for Booster Gold. If CW makes a Booster Gold show (and it's good,) I will watch it forever.

Last edited: May 16, 2015
  8. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

I find disturbing that only half of firestorm is on the trailer (maybe a recast? He didn't speak last time he aired on the flash). I like Sarah Lance way better than Laurel, It pisses me that they took so much time to show the lazarus pit. If they had already cast away the down to the ground/realistic/Nolan vibe with Mirakuru/The Flash , they could had made Sarah being resurrected (don't know by Nyssa that loved her?) than she would resurrect Oliver after he was stabbed and thrown from a mountain.... they preferred to stitch him up and treat it like it was not a big deal that he was basically brought back to life... Lazarus pit would be way nicer for both characters (specially if Sarah recovered Oliver).
    The Prison Break duo... Dr. Cold I kinda like, Heatwave is bad... a shame because I like the actor in other roles, but this one is just bad.. Brandon as ATOM never cared about him since he was Superman, care even less now that he is Hank Pym wanna be.

I hope for the best!
    Because Laurel inherit the mantle of Black Canary (and she is the real one on the comics), Sarah probably thought she should just leave her sister continue this thing and now that she is free from the league there is no need for black? I also think that because she is dead/resurrected she felt like she doesn't need a secret identity anymore and thus doesn't wear a mask anymore .
    (Even though she was thought to be dead previously as well she could live for ever as canary and not Sarah)

Last edited: May 16, 2015
  9. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

This video was only made to remind me that Manapul isn't drawing Flash anymore and instead I get freaking Brett Booth, ugh.

Also...did they just alter Black Canary's images to make White Canary? lol

10. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

I didn't thought that Flash/Green arrow, would actually be part of the group (maybe a support, or some cameo). Because they have their own series.

11. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

12. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

The first trailer for Season Two of Legends of Tomorrow was released at Comic Con the other day

Looks pretty good! I'm still not finished with season 1 myself (I blame school and then watching Buffy/Angel) but I'm excited for it!

Sara is such a badass and I love both her and her actress and God if she ever dies again I don't think I'll be able to handle it. Hoping and praying that Captain Cold gets brought back somehow because he's such a great character.

Also #Constantine4LoT (or better yet a second season)

13. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Season 2 is actually going to form. "Legion of Doom" with Malcolm Merlyn, Damien Darhk, Reverse-Flash, and Captain Cold.
    It's worth noting that John Barrowman (Merlyn), Wentworth Miller (Cold), and Kati Cassidy (Laurel) signed contracts that will give them appearances across all three CW shows.

14. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

!!!!!! I had heard about Legion of Doom but not about Snart and I... my heart... I think I need a moment or two.

LEN WHY?!

That is the only question I have right now. Because he was doing great with the good guys and he was really liking Sara and I just... my heart... My poor shipper heart.

15. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

So Marc Guggenheim posted the first picture of the Justice Society of America headquarters (or at least meeting table) on his Twitter.

[​IMG]

Also Stargirl, Citizen Steel, Dr. Mid-Nite, and Obsidian will be casted (and some already have been casted I think?) for the second season as they are (apparently) important members of the JSA. I'm interested in meeting these characters since I know nothing about them whatsoever and I hope they'll blend easily with the rest of the cast.

16. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Some season 2 news:
    • Vixen will join the show, played by Maisie Richardson-Sellers (The Originals, The Force Awakens)...wait, what? Not Megalyn Echikunwoke? This Vixen will be Amaya Jiwe, Mari McCabe's grandmother.
    • Commander Steel (Henry Heywood, Sr.) will be played by Matthew MacCaull (iZombie, Tomorrowland). His grandson, Citizen Steel (Dr. Nate Heywood), will be a series regular played by Nick Zano (Minority Report, 90210).
    • Stargirl will be played by Sarah Grey (Bates Motel, Power Rangers).
    • Obsidian will be played by Lance Henriksen (Aliens, The Terminator).
    source