Top 5 DA's Top 5! Week 8(51) (Jan. 20th - Jan. 26th)

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by Darkandroid, Feb 9, 2008.

1. gamemaster1598 King's Apprentice

agreed more kh

2. Princess Luna Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

i agree as well... but grt vids ppl!!! =]

3. gamemaster1598 King's Apprentice

my new amv is takeing a long tome to make darn you timeing *takes a slegehammer to commputer* take that

4. Darkandroid Gets it Together

Anything Square-Enix related is allowed because of the connection to it, so in all sense Disney would also be allowed. But FF footage is easier to come by then Disney so Disney related ones are rare. I allow it because it adds more variety to the mix, most videos are Kingdom Hearts. It just happens that alot of FF ones are really good.

They have always been allowed in the Portal, but until a few weeks ago I didn't allow them into the Top 5. I even said to people they can enter them so more people have been entering them.

I'm sorry if you don't like it, but variety is good. FF is a big part in KH and they work well together as does Disney, oddly enough.

Edit: You don't seem to understand that 90%+ of videos in the Portal are Kingdom Hearts, it just happens this week alot of good FF related ones appeared. Don't blame the editors, they are doing what they are allowed to do, can't have a go at them for that. It's good to see people are expanding their editting skills beyond KH, which is good for an editor, sticking to one series or game for AMV's isn't all that good IMO.

5. GameFreak12389 Traverse Town Homebody

So can we enter Disney vids too? I have quite a few of them. Or would you rather just stick to KH and FF?

6. Darkandroid Gets it Together

If we allow FF it is only fair for Disney to be included aswell.

7. Limex Destiny Islands Resident

okay i dont whana be an ass or anything but acording to me

Final fantasy games arnt Kingdom hearts...am starting to get tierd of none KH videos making to the list...a mix of kingdom hearts and final fantasy is alirght like Squall or Cloud...but carecters that arnt even in the games...

and am getting sick of these " very good AMVs" but arnt KH related...i dont whana be an ass but you seem to like FF to mutch acording to me it was better when Death Spank handeld the list becouse it sticked to KH ...not things that arnt even kingdom hearts thats ridicelus..

look this came out a little harhs but what am meaning to say is

Final fantasy 1 "not kh related 3,4.5,6 "etc etc"

if ya are letting ppl entry top 5 without even having a single KH scence in them ya should redub the top 5 to

"anything that is related to kh goes 5"

i came here for KH amvs not for final fantasy amvs...

i mean atleast restrict the list to the final fantasy games that final fantasy carecters are from like cloud and Squal

8. Darkandroid Gets it Together

Look, this week alot of good AMV's just happened to be FF. But the next Top 5 won't contain any FF ones since well none of them were good enough. I'm in no way biased to FF.

The User Portal as always allowed FF videso into it. And last time I checked it's called DA's Top 5, not KH Top 5. If DA is short for Kingdom Hearts, please tell me.

Like I said 90% of AMV's (even 95%) of AMV's are KH. This week was abnormal as most the videos were FF, which trust me won't happen often, it's a rarity.

It does no harm. Last time I checked the forum talks about things non-KH. So why should the Portal be different. But as it stand FF AMV's are no-where near the amount of KH ones. Why do you dislike it so? Is it making it harder to make it in the Top 5? Even with the the inclusion of FF I still have the same standards of picking my top 5 with or without it.

Edit: I would like to add that. It's unfair to miss out very good videos, that deserve some praise just because it's not KH. It's in the Portal so therefore it qualifies. The Top 5 is for the Top 5 videos in the Portal (that have been approved) it just happened before it was KH only people submitted. But people are expanding and the Top 5 has shown that.

9. gamemaster1598 King's Apprentice

wow now disney amvs

10. GameFreak12389 Traverse Town Homebody

I agree with Darkandroid. Because FF AMVs were always allowed in theportal. Like you say you came here for KH AMVs, but before the portal was even open, you came for news/cutscenes not AMVs. Just be greatful we get to see great AMVs. FF, KH, or Disney. I dont get what the big deal is... Keep it up DA, youre doin a great job.

11. gamemaster1598 King's Apprentice

so many amvs

12. Luka Deafening silence

Wow pwnsome vids out there 83
    i've seen the 2nd alot of times before
    and i think i've seen the first one too xD

13. Limex Destiny Islands Resident

hmm ghuess ya guys are right but still

and i did say "good" amvs so just for the record am not ranting down the FF ones i like final fantasy in general to am just saying and dont missunderstand me i do think there good to

14. gamemaster1598 King's Apprentice

yeah so many good vids