Darkest moments in Kingdom Hearts?

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by FallenHero15, Dec 30, 2011.

1. FallenHero15 Merlin's Housekeeper

I'm just curious to see what you guys think are some of the darkest/saddest/most intense moments in the series. For me, I think much of Riku's storyline in the first game is pretty dark, as it should be. CoM is fairly dark, as well, in my opinion. Anyway, post your thoughts here! ^_^

2. Excasr The Forgotten XIII

Riku story is the darkest thing I ever saw in Kingdom Hearts. Even through many problems and facts, he choose his friends over the darkness which was controlling him. Showing he has a very powerful heart, that, like shown in CoM, have both Darkness and Light.

3. FallenHero15 Merlin's Housekeeper

I agree. It's clear that even after his friends have forgiven him, he has a really tough time forgiving himself. His struggle with his own darkness is very sad, but makes for some wonderful cutscenes. David Gallagher (English voice actor for Riku, for those who don't know) does a really good job of portraying that pain, IMO.

4. Krown King's Apprentice

When Terra took out Braigs eye; in BBS.
    When Axel killed Vexen; in CoM.

5. FallenHero15 Merlin's Housekeeper

Oh yeah, both of those were pretty intense, too. BBS was a fairly dark game in itself, I think, but that's what made it so enjoyable for me. Terra was an altogether dark character, Vanitas too. -shudders, remembering that crazy laugh-

6. Krown King's Apprentice

Yah BBS was a very dark game. Like when Master Eraqus died; that was really dark.
    Vanitas' laugh was so amazing.

7. Arch Mana Knight

Pretty much anything in Chain of Memories and Birth by Sleep. The other games aren't really all that dark. As it was said before, Terra taking out an eye with DARKNESS and Vexen being offed by Axel were both pretty intense. Also I think Vanitas has a few pretty dark and awesome lines. Hm...I guess I could add in when some of the Disney villains "died". Clayton being smashed and Ursula being stabbed come to mind. Still, just list almost any scene from CoM and BBS and you've got yourself a dark scene.

8. FallenHero15 Merlin's Housekeeper

True. CoM was really intense, in the way that Larxene and Marluxia both messed with Sora's mind to the point of cruelty. And BBS...wow. Just, the entire storyline. And compared to the original movie, Clayton's death scene was tame. Watching his death in the movie is still haunting, even now.

9. Misty gimme kiss

I would agree that Riku's storyline can get ridiculously dark for a Disney game, at points. Terra's side of Birth by Sleep competes for that as well.

To mention some of the ones that no one has said before, Organization XIII (or really Nobodies in general) are pretty tragic. They're stuck in this meaningless existence, with no feelings, and really nothing to live for but this sick agenda aimed towards feeling whole. Being equal to everyone else. And then Sora killed them all the end

One of the large overlaying concepts, too, seems to be that the pursuit of knowledge only leads to pain and folly. Xehanort, in his investigations of the heart, lost his; that was taken to an even further extreme by his Heartless (Ansem SoD). Reminds me of that quote, for in much wisdom is much grief; and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.

10. Ventus PSP Aqua Gummi Ship Junkie

I would say its either Birth by sleep Terra's story, Days and kh1.
    Losing Eraqus was pretty sad, against master xehanort/terranort was intense and learning about darkness in mostly all his visits to worlds was dark. Especially when enter acting with all the disney villains.

In days, there were countless of sad moments and intense when learning who Xion was and all. And being about the organization and Deep dive at the end makes it dark.

Kh1 had a lot dark,sad and intense moments. Like how Riku chose darkness and became possessed, finally finding kairi and figuring what had happen to her Riku and the king. And the ending was pretty sad of leaving the people who sora was longing for to find.

11. Inverser361 Destiny Islands Resident

I agree on that point. Like the others above have said, any scene from COM or BBS is dark, and i found Vanitas' laugh....strangely contagious lol. On the case of movie deaths in comparison to kh deaths, i am actually curios to see how Minister Frollo (Hunchback of Notre Dame) will die in
    KH3D, given the fact that the movie itself is INTENSE, even for an old Disney movie. Anyway, the one scene i find to be the saddest: Xion's death scene. It actually almost brought me to tears.

Side Note: Suprisingly, most people focused on the dark or intense scenes, and I am the first (maybe only) person to list a sad scene.

12. Plums Wakanda Forever

Xion arc.

I mean, BBS was really dark compared to the first and second games, but Xion was literally inexistant. While TVA are remembered by Mickey, Yen Sid and probably some others, no one has a single trace of memory of Xion. She was erased in every sense of the word, possibly even confined to deeper bowels of Sora's heart than Ven or Van.

Not to mention that entire last fight between her and Roxas, he was killing his best friend. And with the music playing, it was just...agh.

13. FallenHero15 Merlin's Housekeeper

Xion's death was so sad! If it hadn't been for the music in the background, the scene wouldn't have been nearly as effective. I'm really big on theatre and acting, and I know that it takes a lot to make a scene work. As always, KH did a wonderful job of that. :'(

14. Shikou Kingdom Keeper

Wow so many stuff that has happened was dark and sad.
    BBS - Pretty much the whole story line with Terra and how the whole thing ended with everyone was way worse then the KH2 Secret movie.
    KH1 - When Riku was taken away by the darkness away from his friends. The part where Sora stabs himself to wake Kairi up touched me because she went out to grab him but he was gone.
    CoM - The way Larxine and Marluxia messed with Sora was so cruel (I still wanna slap that b---h up).
    CoM R/R - I know there is something there I just cant remember.
    358/2 Days - ........Xion's death :'(
    KH2 - Everything that happens in The World That Never Was.
    Coded - ........Roxas as the final boss with his theme song playing in the background was sad I felt horrible at the end.

15. FallenHero15 Merlin's Housekeeper

In CoM R/R, Repliku's feeling empty, always like a shadow to Riku, and his death scene, was very sad for me. Especially the line, "A faithful replica 'til the very end...that's okay."

16. redhairedking Traverse Town Homebody

Basically all of BBS and a significant portion of CoM were pretty dark. Xion's death was also quite tragic I thought, even though I never really liked her.

17. Saxima [screams geometrically]

Hmm . . . Dark moments in Kingdom Hearts . . .

One I know right off the bat is Xion's death in 358/2 Days, so far, that's really the most permanent 'death' in Kingdom Hearts that I know of. Still, she'll [god forbid] probably come back. A lot of things in Birth By Sleep were pretty dark as well, such as Terra losing his body, or Master Xehanort taking Ven's heart to create Vanitas. Most of the things that happened at the end of Kingdom Hearts II in The World That Never Was were pretty dark as well, such as Saix's obsession of the power of Kingdom Hearts itself, and that goes for Xemnas as well, and then Ansem the Wise kind of . . . exploding with the machine and whatnot.

Trying to think of other things . . .

18. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

There are many dark moments I've found. Mostly what people have already said. However for me it's probably the start of Kingdom hearts 2 with Roxas. I just find that so sad as, from your perspective, the world he knows has just crumbled around him and everything he thought he was he wasn't. There is also Xion's story that makes me cry but then again all of Days is quite tear jerking as it doesn't end happily.

There are others like Terra's tragic story and Ven's and Aqua's for that matter. The whole of BBS is just very dark and I look forward to a game that saves them so I know it all ends happily.

19. Daxa~ #stalker

Aquas whole story in BBS just depressed me.
    I mean,so did Terras and to an extent Vens,but Aqua just being alone and in the dark and bleh bleh just made me sad.

Xion. Poor Xion. Although I felt more sorry for Axel,but still....
    Actually,all of Days made me sad as well. Like really. The start of it was kinda alright,but by the end I was bawling.
    Not ashamed to admit it :|

The other games didn't really effect me,probably because I found Sora and Kairi really annoying.
    And am scared of Mickey. So very scared.

20. Finn the Human Traverse Town Homebody

I agree with Riku's story being the darkest in the series. He let darkness take over, but overcame it so he could save his friends and the like, and it was just sad, because he had a good heart, he just had to learn to control the negative emotions and not let them overtake him. It's kind of a battle we all have, don't you think?